The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
Yeah, he doesn't understand that believing and receiving are works;
works of the mind [ergon] but nonetheless.

He's one which stumbles at the Word 1 Pet. 2:8.

~~~~

You are not trusting in Christ for your salvation, instead you are trusting in the doctrine of a heretic.

You have not entered into his rest and are under his wrath, Hebrews 4:2.

Nanja

You are not trusting in Christ for your salvation, instead you are trusting in the doctrine of a heretic.

You have not entered into his rest and are under his wrath, Hebrews 4:2.

You aren't even qualified to speak of Trust / Faith in Christ, which is a Fruit of the Spirit, because you have not been Born of the Spirit.

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
You aren't even qualified to speak of Trust / Faith in Christ, which is a Fruit of the Spirit, because you have not been Born of the Spirit.

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

~~~~

I am already so saved that I can't wait to die.

You might say that... "I am dead and my life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

My hope is not built on the words of a heretic. "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness".

Nanja

You might say that... "I am dead and my life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

My hope is not built on the words of a heretic. "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness".

Your testimony consists of works of the flesh which you have done.

But that's not Salvation.

However, God's Elect Vessels of Mercy Rom. 8:33; 9:23 have a different Testimony:

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

It is God's Spirit who applied all the Benefits of Christ Jesus' Work of the Cross for all that were Given Him of the Father.

John 6:39
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me [those who have been given by the Father to give Eternal Life to John 10:28-29]
I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

~~~~

beloved57

You teach a false gospel, you deny that them Christ died for shall be saved, and teach that people Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your testimony consists of works of the flesh which you have done.

But that's not Salvation.

However, God's Elect Vessels of Mercy Rom. 8:33; 9:23 have a different Testimony:

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

It is God's Spirit who applied all the Benefits of Christ Jesus' Work of the Cross for all that were Given Him of the Father.

John 6:39
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me [those who have been given by the Father to give Eternal Life to John 10:28-29]
I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

~~~~

God predestinates no one to salvation.

If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask him to save you.

"WHOSOEVER THAT SHALL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask him to save you.

"WHOSOEVER THAT SHALL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED" Romans 10:13.

Denying the truth and making invalid comments!

God's Truth

Does that include followers of Calvin's teachings?

Yeah that proves what Robert Pate teaches is ignorance.

Pate teaches against my saying that we have to obey, yet he preaches we have to do NOTHING but call on Jesus...and that the Calvinists who call on Jesus are not saved!

Robert Pate

Banned
Yeah that proves what Robert Pate teaches is ignorance.

Pate teaches against my saying that we have to obey, yet he preaches we have to do NOTHING but call on Jesus...and that the Calvinists who call on Jesus are not saved!

You might as well be a Catholic or a Calvinist. You think that your obedience saves. Since the beginning of time salvation has always been by faith, plus nothing. You want to add something. Your obedience.

Nanja

Only those who are already Saved / Quickened / Made Spiritually Alive by the Holy Spirit in New Birth, can call upon upon Him.

"quicken us, and we will call upon thy name" - Ps. 80:18

But none of the wicked can:

Is. 64:7
And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

For all the works of the wicked / unsaved are as filthy rags in God's sight Is 64:6; Rom. 8:8!

~~~~