The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many people cannot believe it or understand it.

Paul said to the Corinthians, "I fear, lest by any means , as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The Gospel is so simple that even little children can hear it, believe it and be saved. Here is the simple message of the Gospel that I taught children when I was the pastor of the childrens church.

Jesus has come into the world as our substitute and representative, to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners. Jesus has fulfilled God's Holy Law for us. Jesus has atoned for our sins. All that Jesus did was for us, and to make us pleasing to God. Jesus makes us right with God.

There it is in less than 60 words. The simple Gospel message that even a small child can understand. The Calvinist "Cannons of Dort" have composed 20 pages on what you have to do to become or believe in Calvinism.

When it comes to complicated religions Catholicism takes first place. Before you can become a Catholic you have to go to Catechism where they give you a manual about how you can become a Catholic. The "Council of Trent" has composed over 30 statement on what a Catholic must do and believe. At the end of each statement it says that if you don't do or believe those things then, "Let him be anathema" which means kicked out of the Catholic church. This is why you don't ask any questions or oppose any thing in the Catholic church.

Religion is complicated. I have noticed that some Forum members compose long post about their religion and what they believe. I seldom read them because it is pure religion. I suspect that they have been deceived by the "Simplicity that is in Christ".

fishrovmen

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that many people cannot believe it or understand it.

Paul said to the Corinthians, "I fear, lest by any means , as the serpent beguild Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

The Gospel is so simple that even little children can hear it, believe it and be saved. Here is the simple message of the Gospel that I taught children when I was the pastor of the childrens church.

Jesus has come into the world as our substitute and representative, to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners. Jesus has fulfilled God's Holy Law for us. Jesus has atoned for our sins. All that Jesus did was for us, and to make us pleasing to God. Jesus makes us right with God.

There it is in less than 60 words. The simple Gospel message that even a small child can understand. The Calvinist "Cannons of Dort" have composed 20 pages on what you have to do to become or believe in Calvinism.

When it comes to complicated religions Catholicism takes first place. Before you can become a Catholic you have to go to Catechism where they give you a manual about how you can become a Catholic. The "Council of Trent" has composed over 30 statement on what a Catholic must do and believe. At the end of each statement it says that if you don't do or believe those things then, "Let him be anathema" which means kicked out of the Catholic church. This is why you don't ask any questions or oppose any thing in the Catholic church.

Religion is complicated. I have noticed that some Forum members compose long post about their religion and what they believe. I seldom read them because it is pure religion. I suspect that they have been deceived by the "Simplicity that is in Christ".

:yawn:

Dialogos

The Calvinist "Cannons of Dort" have composed 20 pages on what you have to do to become or believe in Calvinism.
The Canons of Dort were an answer to semi-Pelagian doctrines creeping into the church.

You don't need the Canons to discover the truths of Calvinism in the scripture.

All you have to do is read Romans 9 and John 6 and take them for what they say.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Canons of Dort were an answer to semi-Pelagian doctrines creeping into the church.

You don't need the Canons to discover the truths of Calvinism in the scripture.

All you have to do is read Romans 9 and John 6 and take them for what they say.

You mean the "What if" scriptures? Romans 9:22.

Calvinism is great for making God an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant. Which he is not.

iamaberean

All denominations have doctrines that must be followed or you will find yourself unwelcome.

The majority reasons one might be unwelcome in most every church is to speak against the below.

1. Trinity - Apostles did not teach trinity, Catholics started that.

2. Dispensation - which teaches a future rapture, was never mentioned in the bible and was first taught by J N Darby in the 19th century. He was educated at Trinity College in Dublin.

All organized Christian churches came out the Catholic church and they all believe in the above.

Being in the majority doesn't one right! The majority of the Jews didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

most catholics, maybe 90%, don't know anything about the council of trent
they don't need to know
the purpose was to address heresies
like yours

Robert Pate

Banned
most catholics, maybe 90%, don't know anything about the council of trent
they don't need to know
the purpose was to address heresies
like yours

The purpose of the Council of Trent was to form laws and rules so that they could control the membership and what they believed.

Who are you trying to fool? You are anathema.

iamaberean

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This is simpler than yours.

Robert Pate

Banned
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This is simpler than yours.

I was saved because I heard these words.

"But that thy blood was shed for me" That is all that I heard and I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of my need for Christ.

fishrovmen

Robert,
You told Brother Ducky in another thread that he needed the Holy Spirit to understand the Gospel, so which is it?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,
You told Brother Ducky in another thread that he needed the Holy Spirit to understand the Gospel, so which is it?

On the day of Pentecost all that heard Peter's Gospel and believed, received the gift of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:18, also Acts 2:38.

Faith and the Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The reason that you don't have the Holy Spirit is because you don't believe the Gospel.

fishrovmen

On the day of Pentecost all that heard Peter's Gospel and believed, received the gift of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:18, also Acts 2:38.

Faith and the Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

The reason that you don't have the Holy Spirit is because you don't believe the Gospel.

Again, you completely failed to answer why in one thread, you state that the Holy Spirit is needed to understand the Gospel, and in another thread you state that it is so simple that a child could understand it.

Robert Pate

Banned
Again, you completely failed to answer why in one thread, you state that the Holy Spirit is needed to understand the Gospel, and in another thread you state that it is so simple that a child could understand it.

Without the Holy Spirit none can hear and believe the Gospel. Children readily come to Christ by hearing the Gospel because they are not sophisticated.

If one does not believe that Jesus is their savior they will not receive the Holy Spirit.

fishrovmen

Robert,
This is how you replied to Brother Ducky in the other thread
I have quoted you a whole Bible full of scripture, but you still don't get it. Only those that have the Holy Spirit understand the Gospel, you are not one of them.
So now you are blaming God for not "giving" His Holy Spirit to "all" people?

beloved57

Invalid comments not found in scripture!

beloved57

Without the Holy Spirit none can hear and believe the Gospel. Children readily come to Christ by hearing the Gospel because they are not sophisticated.

If one does not believe that Jesus is their savior they will not receive the Holy Spirit.

Invalid comments not found in scripture!