The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Prizebeatz1

The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

The power of God is in unconditional salvation. The power of the personality depends on Jesus dying on the cross, the intensity with which we hold to a belief, the amount of good works we do, the consensus of a group of individuals over the interpretation of the scriptures, the list goes on and on. Which is simpler?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

False teaching, show me the verse that says:

I would love to give you the scriptures and I am glad you asked.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

God's Truth

Here is what God wants you to do. Renounce your righteousness and accept the righteousness of Christ as the only means of your salvation.

Jesus makes us righteous and we have a part in our righteousness.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

Even Noah was a preacher of righteousness before Jesus came and died for sinners. 2 Peter 2:5.

Even Abraham, when he offered his son as a sacrifice, see James 2:21.

Even Rahab the prostitute, see James 2:25.

By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4.

1 John 3:12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jesus makes us righteous and we have a part in our righteousness.

Our righteousness is an "alien" righteousness; it comes as a gift of God's grace from outside ourselves. It is the righteousness of Jesus Christ, not ours'.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

No, the righteousness of Jesus Christ leads us into serving HIS righteousness. Romans 6:16-23

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

Just the opposite . . we obey because of the righteousness of Jesus Christ, who imputed His righteousness to our account. Our obedience is one of thanksgiving and worship and gratitude. Not an attempt to merit favor with God.

Actually, this verse contradicts the notion that we are righteous just because we are not murderers, like Cain.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Only through Jesus Christ, BECAUSE He condemned sin in His own flesh. Romans 8:3

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

Communicated to the bride, which were "to her GRANTED . . "

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

". . as being alive from the dead . . as instruments of righteousness to God."

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

We are to serve the righteousness of Jesus Christ, not our own.

Even Noah was a preacher of righteousness before Jesus came and died for sinners. 2 Peter 2:5.

Even Abraham, when he offered his son as a sacrifice, see James 2:21.

Even Rahab the prostitute, see James 2:25.

By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4.

The righteousness we serve is the righteousness of Jesus Christ and the Gospel message of His grace.

1 John 3:12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.

You repeatedly state that you believe and depend upon human righteousness, rather than the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Are you SDA?

God's Truth

Our righteousness is an "alien" righteousness; it comes as a gift of God's grace from outside ourselves. It is the righteousness of Jesus Christ, not ours'.

I gave MANY scriptures that say we are righteous for what we do.

No, the righteousness of Jesus Christ leads us into serving HIS righteousness. Romans 6:16-23

I gave you scripture that plainly says our OBEDIENCE leads us to righteousness. See Romans 6:16.

Just the opposite . . we obey because of the righteousness of Jesus Christ, who imputed His righteousness to our account. Our obedience is one of thanksgiving and worship and gratitude. Not an attempt to merit favor with God.

I just gave you scripture and you said just the opposite. No more trying to defend what you have been taught by false teachers, believe the written Word of God.

Actually, this verse contradicts the notion that we are righteous just because we are not murderers, like Cain.

How do you ever get that you refuted what I said?

You repeatedly state that you believe and depend upon human righteousness, rather than the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Why won’t you believe Jesus who says his words are life and he is the Way?
How is his words life and how is he the Way if you do not do what he says?

Are you SDA?

No.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, you simply have the cause and effect of salvation, totally backwards.

It is the grace and righteousness of Jesus Christ that enables and leads His people into serving His righteousness unto salvation.