The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, you simply have the cause and effect of salvation, totally backwards.

It is the grace and righteousness of Jesus Christ that enables and leads His people into serving His righteousness unto salvation.
I think GT is a bot - robot

God's Truth

Actually, this verse contradicts the notion that we are righteous just because we are not murderers, like Cain.

I gave you scriptures that say Abel was righteous for what he did and Cain was evil for what he did.

1 John 3:12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.

Read this scripture.

This scripture proves that those who do right are on the side of truth and will listen to Jesus.

YOU, Calvinists, say that no one does right and no one will listen to Jesus until AFTER or WHEN they are saved.

John 18:37 ...Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

That scripture proves you wrong.

There is no scripture anywhere that says God saves us before we believe and obey Him.

Read this scripture carefully:

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Did you read how it says WHOEVER lives by the truth comes into the light?

It does NOT say whoever has been regenerated comes to the light.

I have more for you if you are willing to go on with this discussion.

God's Truth

I think GT is a bot - robot

Are you trying to win the crowd over?

Acts 14:19.

Acts 13:45
But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy, and they blasphemously contradicted what Paul was saying.

Acts 13:50
The Jews, however, incited the religious women of prominence and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas and drove them out of their district.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
YOU, Calvinists, say that no one does right and no one will listen to Jesus until AFTER or WHEN they are saved.

Yep.

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

There is NO light for the spiritually dead and blind.

No, I consider you a goner, sorry to say.

You are determined to live by your own good deeds, rather than truly trusting in Christ's righteousness.

Only the Spirit of Christ can penetrate your mindset. May He do so soon.

God's Truth

You say, “Yep,” when I say, “YOU, Calvinists, say that no one does right and no one will listen to Jesus until AFTER or WHEN they are saved.”
I can prove easily that you will not be saved until after you obey.
See Acts 5:32.
There is NO light for the spiritually dead and blind.
The scripture says those who do right come to the light.
There are more scriptures that say those who do right come to the light.
Nowhere anywhere are there scriptures that say they were mysteriously saved first before they believe and obey.
No, I consider you a goner, sorry to say.

You have so judged yourself.
You are determined to live by your own good deeds, rather than truly trusting in Christ's righteousness.
I trust Christ’s righteousness, and I trust every word that he says.

Only the Spirit of Christ can penetrate your mindset. May He do so soon.

Jesus says believe and obey.

You say, “No, save me first.”

You are disobedient and go against God.

beloved57

I would love to give you the scriptures and I am glad you asked.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

That scripture does not say that!

beloved57

I gave you scriptures that say Abel was righteous for what he did and Cain was evil for what he did.

1 John 3:12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother's were righteous.

Read this scripture.

This scripture proves that those who do right are on the side of truth and will listen to Jesus.

John 18:37 ...Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

That scripture proves you wrong.

There is no scripture anywhere that says God saves us before we believe and obey Him.

Those Christ lived and died for are made righteous Rom 5:19!

Robert Pate

Banned
I gave MANY scriptures that say we are righteous for what we do.

I gave you scripture that plainly says our OBEDIENCE leads us to righteousness. See Romans 6:16.

I just gave you scripture and you said just the opposite. No more trying to defend what you have been taught by false teachers, believe the written Word of God.

How do you ever get that you refuted what I said?

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

Why won’t you believe Jesus who says his words are life and he is the Way?
How is his words life and how is he the Way if you do not do what he says?

No.

Every time that you plead your righteousness you make Paul and John liars.

God's Truth

Every time that you plead your righteousness you make Paul and John liars.
No, it is you who make people liars who are not.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

Even Noah was a preacher of righteousness before Jesus came and died for sinners. 2 Peter 2:5.

Even Abraham, when he offered his son as a sacrifice, see James 2:21.

Even Rahab the prostitute, see James 2:25.

By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4.

God's Truth

Both of you teach that salvation depends on what the sinner does, hence denying that Christ saves sinners.

Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters; James 1:16

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows; Galatians 6:7

Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men;Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? 1 Corinthians 6:9

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Mark 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Robert Pate

Banned
No, it is you who make people liars who are not.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

Even Noah was a preacher of righteousness before Jesus came and died for sinners. 2 Peter 2:5.

Even Abraham, when he offered his son as a sacrifice, see James 2:21.

Even Rahab the prostitute, see James 2:25.

By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, Hebrews 11:4.

You are under the law and will be judged by the law.

You are not trusting in Christ to save you, you are trusting in your ability to keep the law.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The righteousness of believing and obeying, is Christ's righteousness . . legally imputed to those for whom He died.

And, guess what? The Lord Jesus Christ died for ALL of humanities sins. However, only those who hear the Gospel and place ALL their faith in Christ as their Savior will reap the benefits. That's the TRUTH of the Scriptures. I know it doesn't correlate with the beliefs of John "The Pope of Geneva" Calvin," however, we must go along with the Bible first and foremost.

beloved57

Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters; James 1:16

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows; Galatians 6:7

Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men;Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? 1 Corinthians 6:9

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Mark 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Again, both of you teach works salvation, by what a person does, so discounting Christ's Obedience as the only source of being made righteous before God ! The Obedience of ONE Rom 5:19 !

Robert Pate

Banned
Again, both of you teach works salvation, by what a person does, so discounting Christ's Obedience as the only source of being made righteous before God ! The Obedience of ONE Rom 5:19 !

If you really believed that scripture and Christ's obedience makes us righteous, you would not need the Calvinist religion. All that you would need would be faith in Christ.

You say, but you don't believe.

beloved57

If you really believed that scripture and Christ's obedience makes us righteous, you would not need the Calvinist religion. All that you would need would be faith in Christ.

You say, but you don't believe.

I do believe Rom 5:19, but you don't, since you believe that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins with the unrighteous!