ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the future the Jews will be saved:

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech.12:10).​

Do you not ever read the OT?

It began 2000 years ago--

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
Zec 12:14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
Zec 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
Zec 13:2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

LA

God's Truth

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech.12:10).​

Why won't you answer the question?

Are you afraid to say what you did before?

Jerry Shugart

It began 2000 years ago--

Why are you always jerking verses out of their context. When did this happen 2000 years ago?:

"In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech.12:8-10).​

Now it is time for you to get out your editing pencil and pervert the plain meaning of those verses. And why you are at it tell me when this event happened:

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east"
(Rev.14:1-4).​

Interplanner

Why are you always jerking verses out of their context. When did this happen 2000 years ago?:

"In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech.12:8-10).​

Now it is time for you to get out your editing pencil and pervert the plain meaning of those verses. And why you are at it tell me when this event happened:

"Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east"

He did pour out his spirit and many looked on the one they pierced with remorse. As far as that goes "they" didn't pierce him did "they."? So that part is meant differently.

Be careful of literalism; it is a trap.

beloved57

Israel according the flesh Abraham's physical descendants are not the children of God Rom 9:8

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jerry Shugart

He did pour out his spirit and many looked on the one they pierced with remorse. As far as that goes "they" didn't pierce him did "they."? So that part is meant differently.

If you are right then what is in "bold" in this passage has already happened:

"In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn"
(Zech.12:8-10).​

You call yourself a believe so now you have the perfect opportunity to prove it. When did those events described in "bold" happen in the past?

God's Truth

I told you to quote me saying what you accuse me of saying. And you quoted nothing!

You are either the most confused person n this forum or the most dishonest.

Where is your quote?

I said I did NOT say what you claim I said you said.

Are you confused because of your age?

What don't you get about my repeatedly telling you that I DID NOT SAY what you claim I said you said.

You better prove by quoting me that I said something wrong.

I think you are having comprehension problems.

Tell us how the Jews who reject Jesus are going to be saved when Jesus comes again?

Are only the Jews who are Christians when Jesus comes going to be saved?

If that is what you are saying, are you claiming that those Jews will be over Gentile Christians?

Will the Jews offer animals sacrifices?

Why do you refuse to explain your beliefs?

God's Truth

I told you to quote me saying what you accuse me of saying. And you quoted nothing!

You are either the most confused person n this forum or the most dishonest.

Where is your quote?

Maybe you are both, dishonest and confused.

Quote me where I said something wrong. Quote me now!

You also refuse to answer questions about your beliefs.

You made a judgement about me and it is exactly what you are.

Jerry Shugart

Quote me where I said something wrong. Quote me now!

Here is what you said and my response:

How will Jews who reject him be saved AFTER HE COMES?

Answer the question! You want to be a teacher here among us, then answer!

I never said that anyone who rejects the Lord Jesus will be saved! So, again, if you think that I said that then quote me saying that!

I quoted you so it is your turn to quote me. Do that and you will show us that you are neither confused or dishonest!

We will be waiting for that quote.

God's Truth

Here is what you said and my response:

I never said that anyone who rejects the Lord Jesus will be saved!

I ASKED YOU HOW the Jews who reject Jesus will be saved. That is what I asked. I asked that because YOU said they will be saved when Jesus comes back and sits at an earthly throne!

I then told you that when Jesus comes back it will be to get those who ALREADY belong to him and that he is NOT coming to bear sin.

YOU SAID when Jesus comes again and sits on his throne that will be a throne on earth and at that time all the Jews will be saved.

So, again, if you think that I said that then quote me saying that!

No, Matthew 25:31-32 will be fulfilled when this happens:

"For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land" (Joel 3:1-2).​

I quoted you so it is your turn to quote me. Do that and you will show us that you are neither confused or dishonest!

We will be waiting for that quote.

YOU are the confused and dishonest one because you say I said something I did not say and then you REFUSED to answer.

Now I quoted you and you will have to face it and not try to get out of it by merely calling me confused and dishonest!

Last edited:

God's Truth

I never said that anyone who rejects the Lord Jesus will be saved! So, again, if you think that I said that then quote me saying that!

You said Jesus is going to live on an earthly throne!
You said Jesus is going to gather the Jews for an earthly land ruling.
You said when Jesus comes again that is what he will do.

But the scriptures say the country that matters is the one from heaven.
The scriptures say there are no Jew and Gentile in Christ Jesus.
The scriptures say Jesus is on the throne above all thrones NOW.
The scriptures say when Jesus comes again it will be for those already saved and waiting for him.
You refuse to answer questions.
Tell me, who is Jesus going to live on this earth with, the saved and the wicked?

Matthew 23: 36Truly I tell you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her,how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under herwings, but you were unwilling! 38Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39For I tell you that you will not see Me again until you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

Jesus tried to gather the Jews in a spiritual way, but they would not have it.

Jesus gathers ALL THE SAVED to him when he comes again.

Matthew 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

When Jesus comes again, it will be at the resurrection when he separates the saved from the unsaved.

Matthew 25:31When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne. 32All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will place the sheep on His right and the goats on His left.34Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in,36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’37Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink? 38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?’40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’ 41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ 44And they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45Then the King will answer, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’ 46And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Did you read that?

That is when YOU said that Jesus was going to live on this earth on an earthly throne and gather the Jews to live with him.

Why won't you answer questions about that belief?

What Jesus is explaining is the Great White Throne Judgment.

God's Truth

YOU SAID in the FUTURE the Jews will be saved!