ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

beloved57

Not this one which the LORD promised to David:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The nation of Israel has never returned to the land and afterward moved no more. Therefore, this promise will not be fulfilled until sometime in the future. Besides that the LORD said that He would not "alter" the promises which He nade to David:
"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The promise which the LORD made to David concerning the land will not be altered and in the future the children of wickedness will never again afflict the Jews as before:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

Of course there are many people on this forum who say that the LORD altered His promise to David and now "the land of promise is spiritual and heavenly."

Nothing could be farther from that truth!

Yes that one to David also. David and Abraham are Heirs together of the same Promise.That Promise in 2 Sam 7:10 is to Gods People Israel

Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

That cant be Abrahams or Davids physical descendants Israel according to the flesh, because they are not Gods People/Children Rom 9:8

God's Truth

Watch out now! Anything can happen. I've even heard some 'prophecy experts' have Christ crucified all over again at the end of the tribulation or something, to make everything happen just right. Because they wanted the mill to be full of Jews who believed on Christ, not just there by genetic stock.

I think I have debated someone who said that. It is so pathetic.

Interplanner

There was a person on religion last week who said that when Ezek 37 refers to Israel coming back from the graves, they were Gentile nations, and that coming back to life was to reside in Israel.

Danoh

Lol, the land of promise is spiritual and heavenly Heb 11:16

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: why God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he has prepared for them a city.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

For the benefit of those with spiritual eyes (those whose eyes allow the Scripture not only to state what it states as written, but to intrepret Itself thru other of Its' passages as to what IT means).

The sense is that HEAVENLY city, NOT that city IN Heaven.

Matthew 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 5:35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Said RULE OF Heaven ON the Earth is the City they desired.

Reconfirmed as being the case in...

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

That right there is WHY the Lord reiterated its' OT Promise in the following...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Thus, the actual sense of...

Acts 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Luke 24 brings out a further aspect of the actual sense of Acts 1:9's "in Jerusalem."

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Why "beginning at Jerusalem"?

Because that is where said "kingdom TO ISRAEL" willl be restored "again."

For it is the city of the great king.

Matthew 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 5:35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Just as Prophesied will be the case...

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

1- A Statement or Statments.

2-Said Statement(s) proven valid.

3-Questions based on said Statements and their Evidence.

And a passage or two are not always going to cut a thing straight (lay it out aright, or as intended).

They might cut to the chase, only to too often fail having cut said thing straight, or aright.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

In contrast to what is often no more than the incompetence of merely stating a thing is so and or merely asking some open ended question as if its' recipient employs the same approach to the studying out of a thing as the person they are asking their question(s) to :doh:

Its' high time you put away both your obviously your own, and your just as obvious; books learned reasoning of men, B57.

beloved57

For the benefit of those with spiritual eyes (those whose eyes allow the Scripture not only to state what it states as written, but to intrepret Itself thru other of Its' passages as to what IT means).

The sense is that HEAVENLY city, NOT that city IN Heaven.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Said RULE OF Heaven ON the Earth is the City they desired.

Reconfirmed as being the case in...

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

That right there is WHY the Lord reiterated its' OT Promise in the following...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Thus, the actual sense of...

Acts 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Luke 24 brings out a further aspect of the actual sense of Acts 1:9's "in Jerusalem."

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Just as Prophesied will be the case...

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

1- A Statement or Statments.

2-Said Statement(s) proven valid.

3-Questions based on said Statements and their Evidence.

And a passage or two are not always going to cut a thing straight (lay it out aright, or as intended).

They might cut to the chase, only to too often fail having cut said thing straight, or aright.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

In contrast to what is often no more than the incompetence of merely stating a thing is so and or merely asking some open ended question as if its' recipient employs the same approach to the studying out of a thing as the person they are asking their question(s) to :doh:

Its' high time you put away both your obviously your own, and your just as obvious; books learned reasoning of men, B57.

The Land Promise for the Heirs is Heavenly, Spiritual Heb 11:16

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Interplanner

Danoh wrote:

And because he is launching the mission to the nations, that is how we know it is not the Davidic theocracy in mind in those OT passages.

northwye

Galatians 4: 24-26: "Which things betoken mystery. For these women are two Testaments the one from the Mount Sinai which gendreth unto bondage which is Hagar.
25 For Mount Sinai is called Hagar in Arabia and bordereth unto the city which is now Jerusalem and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free: which is the mother of us all."

"And I John saw that holy city New Jerusalem come down from God out of heaven prepared as a bride garnished for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying: behold the tabernacle of God is with men and he will dwell with them and they shall be his people and God himself shall be with them and be their God." Revelation 21: 2-3

The Jerusalem which is above and is free, the mother of all the elect, is not the literal city of Jerusalem which is in bondage with her people. It will turn out to not be a city, but is the elect of God themselves, the bride adorned for her husband.

SaulToPaul 2

Danoh wrote:

And because he is launching the mission to the nations, that is how we know it is not the Davidic theocracy in mind in those OT passages.

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

Jerry Shugart

How will Jews who reject him be saved AFTER HE COMES?

Answer the question! You want to be a teacher here among us, then answer!

I never said that any Jew who rejects the Lord Jesus will be saved!

You are totally confused, as usual!

I challenge you to quote me saying that! If you want to be a teacher here then if you don't quote me saying that then you have no credibility!

God's Truth

I never said that any Jew who rejects the Lord Jesus will be saved!

Reread what I said. I didn't say you said that!

You said when Jesus comes again they can be saved. Did you not say that?

You are totally confused, as usual!

You are the one who is confused. You also take a long time to come back and clarify and further debate.
Don't act like you do not ever ask questions of others.

I challenge you to quote me saying that! If you want to be a teacher here then if you don't quote me saying that then you have no credibility!

You said when Jesus comes back the Jews who had rejected Jesus could then be saved.

Did you say that or not?

Danoh

The LORD: "I go and prepare a PLACE for you..."

The "mansions" mention is the issue of a role, or "office," and its' living quarters for those fulfilling a particular role or "office" - within the Temple - the Father's House.

When describing the Millennial Temple; the Prophet Zechariah describes them as "chambers."

Sort of like the RCC ripoff where you knock on an RCC "church" or assembly hall door, and a Priest answers.

Because he lives within a mansion or abode within that building that he might carry out his ever on call, respective responsibilities.

As when John the Baptist's father is depicted fulfilling his assigned course, or office and its' responsibilitues, as a member of Israel's Aaronic Priesthood.

SaulToPaul 2

The "mansions" mention is the issue of a role, or "office," and its' living quarters for those fulfilling a particular role or "office" - within the Temple - the Father's House.

When describing the Millennial Temple; the Prophet Zechariah describes them as "chambers."

Sort of like the RCC ripoff where you knock on an RCC "church" or assembly hall door, and a Priest answers.

Because he lives within a mansion or abode within that building that he might carry out his ever on call, respective responsibilities.

As when John the Baptist's father is depicted fulfilling his assigned course, or office and its' responsibilitues, as a member of Israel's Aaronic Priesthood.

Huh?

Jerry Shugart

!You said when Jesus comes again they can be saved. Did you not say that?

In the future the Jews will be saved:

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech.12:10).​

Do you not ever read the OT?