ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

There are some people on this forum who say that ALL the promises the LORD made in regard to the promised land have all been fulfilled. However, those same people have not yet addressed the following promise concerning the land which the LORD made to David:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The prophet Amos says the same thing:

"And I will bring again the captivity of my people ...And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God"
(Amos 9:14,15).​

Therefore we can understand that the Lord has made promises to David in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not "been pulled up out of their land."

The Jews were pulled up out of the promised land in the second Jewish revolt (A.D. 132-135) and the Jews were excluded from Jerusalem upon penalty of death. Therefore, the promise that the LORD made to David concerning the land has never been fulfilled.

Therefore, this is one land promise that will be fulfilled in the future.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ezekiel 37:21-23 KJV
(21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
(22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
(23) Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
(25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
(26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
(27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
(28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
(29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

beloved57

Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
(25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
(26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
(27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
(28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
(29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Israel the physical descendants of Abraham are not Gods Children Rom 9:8

Jerry Shugart

Israel the physical descendants of Abraham are not Gods Children Rom 9:8

If you are right then we must believe that Paul, who was a physical descendant of Abraham, is not a child of God.

However, the Scriptures reveal that he is:

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Ro.8:16).​

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Romans 9 KJV
1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Read it, you thieves, robbers-to the "Israelites" belong:

the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

You thieves, robbers, want to practice theft, vandalism, but, oh no, don't take the curses....

Romans 11 KJV
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Read it, you thieves, robbers-the covenant the LORD God promised, including the land promise, part of the blessings of the NC, his elect,as to service,the believing remnant of the nation Israel, is irrevocable, despite your flipping the bird at the LORD God in protest.

Danoh

Ezekiel 37:21-23 KJV
(21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
(22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
(23) Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

Yep - that right there is referring to their Prophesied times of restitution and refreshing when their COLLECTIVE sins AS A NATION are blotted out.

Danoh

Romans 9 KJV
1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Read it, you thieves, robbers-to the "Israelites" belong:

the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

You thieves, robbers, want to practice theft, vandalism, but, oh no, don't take the curses....

Romans 11 KJV
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Read it, you thieves, robbers-the covenant the LORD God promised, including the land promise, part of the blessings of the NC, his elect,as to service,the believing remnant of the nation Israel, is irrevocable, despite your flipping the bird at the LORD God in protest.

Yep - in contrast to their individual sin being immediately blotted out upon their individual belief that Jesus was their Christ - the above is about their COLLECTIVE sins being blotted out AS A NATION.

Thus, Paul's reference to "ALL Israel shall be saved: as it is written..."

john w

Hall of Fame
Ez. 11 KJV
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep - that right there is referring to their Prophesied times of restitution and refreshing when their COLLECTIVE sins AS A NATION are blotted out.
Yeppers.
And GOD says He doesn't do for their sake (because they were not worthy), but does it for HIS own name's sake, because HE made the oath and HE will keep it.

Ezekiel 36:21-23
But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

Ezekiel 36:32 KJV
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Deuteronomy 9:5 KJV
(5) Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Isaiah 48:9 KJV
(9) For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

Jerry Shugart

No they were not, they were made to Spiritual descendants, for the physical descendants of Abraham Israel are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

If you are right then we must believe that Paul, who was a physical descendant of Abraham Israel, is not a child of God.

However, the Scriptures reveal that he is:

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Ro.8:16).​

john w

Hall of Fame
Sorry they were Spiritual descendants. The physical descendants of Abraham Israel are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Moron, confusing the grandpa, with the son/grandson.

Today's Arabs are descendants of Abraham. Get it?Abraham's seed is Isaac.. the son of promise..

That has NADA to do with JACOB.. Jacob and his twelve sons are Israel.. and of these Israelites, only those justified by their faith (in God at that time) are the Israel of God. No member of the boc has anything to do, "seed wise," with either Jacob, or Israel.

northwye

C. I. Scofield claimed that, "The return of the Lord to the earth is to accomplish the yet unfulfilled prophecies of Israel’s national regathering, conversion, and establishment in peace and power under the Davidic Covenant."

C. I. Scofield, Scofield Reference Bible (New York: Oxford University Press, 1917), 1148 (note on Acts 1:11).

In Acts 15: 13-18, James says "And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
14. Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16. After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
18. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world."

Prophets is from προφητων. See: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/προφητών

"προφητών • (profitón), Genitive plural form of προφήτης ‎(profítis)."

James quotes Amos 9: 11-12 in Acts 15: 16-17, and says the prophets, not just Amos, but plural, many prophets of the Old Testament agree with Peter that God took out of the Gentiles a people for himself (Acts 10). Since Amos 9: 11-12 is a prophecy of the restoration of Israel seen from eyes of the Old Testament people, so the prophets James is talking about who agree with Peter are all the Old Testament prophets on a restoration of Israel. Among these prophecies would be Isaiah 54: 1-5, Hosea 3: 5, Micah 5: 2 some prophecies in Zechariah 14 and others.

Scofield's literal method of interpretation got him in opposition to what James says in Acts 15: 15 about the Old Testament prophets agreeing with Peter that in the New Covenant, as recorded in Acts 10, God began to take a people out of the Gentiles for himself. Old Covenant Israel is no more at the time of Acts 15, and even James taught that the prophets agree with Peter, though James in Acts 21: 20 bragged to Paul that many Jews believed on Christ and were zealous of the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ezekiel 20 KJV

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people,
and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Danoh

Ezekiel 20 KJV

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Yep.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ezekiel 20 KJV

That has not begun yet, and they are children of the bride of Christ--

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

These are not just believing Jews--

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, (on earth)clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.(on earth)

LA