ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

God's Truth

This is the FUTURE YOU SAID the Jews will be saved:

I challenge you to quote me where I ever said that!

Are you denying that when He returns then He will sit upon His throne and begin to rule over the whole world?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

Do you deny that these events will take place in the future?

And I gave you scriptures that say when Jesus comes again he will come for those who ALREADY BELONG TO HIM.

Jerry Shugart

I ASKED YOU HOW the Jews who reject Jesus will be saved. That is what I asked.

And I told you that I never said that those who reject Christ will be saved. And I asked you to quote me saying that and you quoted nothing.

Now let us look at this verse:

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation" (Heb.9:28).​

The next time the Lord Jesus will appear it will be for those already saved:

"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:15-18).​

God's Truth

And I told you that I never said that those who reject Christ will be saved. And I asked you to quote me saying that and you quoted nothing.

Now let us look at this verse:

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation" (Heb.9:28).​

The next time the Lord Jesus will appear it will be for those already saved:

"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:15-18).​

YOU said the Jews will be saved in the future and then for proof of that you gave the scriptures of when Jesus comes again!

So tell me how the Jews will be saved when Jesus comes again because that FUTURE time YOU said they will be saved will be too late for Jesus is coming for those who ALREADY BELONG TO HIM.

Jerry Shugart

So tell me how the Jews will be saved when Jesus comes again because that FUTURE time YOU said they will be saved will be too late for Jesus is coming for those who ALREADY BELONG TO HIM.

The following passage is speaking about a future time and the Jews who will be living then will be saved by believing this gospel:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains" (Mt.24:14-15).​

Danoh

The following passage is speaking about a future time and the Jews who will be living then will be saved by believing this gospel:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains" (Mt.24:14-15).​

Yep.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Jerry Shugart

YOU said the Jews will be saved in the future and then for proof of that you gave the scriptures of when Jesus comes again!

There will be Jews being saved before He returns and there will be some saved when He returns:

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon" (Zech.12:9-11).​

God's Truth

Yeah you deleted the the ignorant question.

You keep saying the same thing repeatedly, to show you where you said something, and then when I show you, you say it again to show you.

Why aren't you apologizing for calling me confused or dishonest when it was you who are?

In the future the Jews will be saved:

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn" (Zech.12:10).​

Do you not ever read the OT?

Then you said Matthew 25:31-32 will be the time it will be, and that is when Jesus comes again.

No, Matthew 25:31-32 will be fulfilled when this happens:

"For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land" (Joel 3:1-2).​

Jerry Shugart

So are you saying that when Jesus comes THEN they can get saved or are you saying they will already be saved by the time he comes?

BOTH!

There will be Jews being saved before He returns and there will be some saved when He returns:

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon" (Zech.12:9-11).​

Of course I know that you will not believe that. And then you will misunderstand what I say and then pervert the meaning of my words like you do the Scriptures.

God's Truth

BOTH!

Of course I know that you will not believe that. And then you will misunderstand what I say and then pervert the meaning of my words like you do the Scriptures.

You are not an honest person. You cannot defend yourself with truth. You make up things about me.

Now since you finally say people will be saved after Jesus gets here, when he comes again...tell me how will they be saved if he is not coming to bear sin.

Danoh

You are not an honest person. You cannot defend yourself with truth. You make up things about me.

Now since you finally say people will be saved after Jesus gets here, when he comes again...tell me how will they be saved if he is not coming to bear sin.

:chuckle: that last question - you answered it.

God's Truth

:chuckle: that last question - you answered it.

I don't get the joke.

Jerry said the Jews won't be saved until the future when Jesus comes again.

Then he went on and on and on about how he did not say that.

I then showed him he said it and he still tried to deny it, so he finally admits it, but does not explain how they will be saved when Jesus comes since he is not coming to bear sin.

Then you come on chuckling.

What is so funny?

How do you ever get that I answered it?

Unless you are agreeing with me?

Jerry Shugart

Be careful of literalism; it is a trap.

So the LORD was setting a trap for all those who first received these prophecies because those people took them literally?

Do you really believe that?

Was He setting a trap when He revealed this?

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel"
(Isa.7:14).​

Of course if you were one of those unbelievers in OT times you would say, "That cannot be taken literally since we all know that a virgin cannot conceive so the verse must have some kind of a spiritual meaning."

Since all of the prophecies which speak of the Lord's first advent were fulfilled "literally" then why should anyone think that the prophecies which reveal His returning to the earth should not also be fulfilled literally?

Think about it!

Jerry Shugart

I didn't make up what you said here:

How will Jews who reject him be saved AFTER HE COMES?

Answer the question! You want to be a teacher here among us, then answer!

I never said that the Jews who reject the Lord Jesus will be saved. I have asked you numerous times to quote me saying that and you have been unable to do that--because I never said that!

Why are you putting words in my mouth which I never said?

Then to make it worse you accuse me of being dishonest. i have seen this tactic many times. When someone cannot answer the message they attack the messenger. Now I want you to quote me saying what you accuse me of saying.

Then when you are unable to do that then I demand an apology. So I will not respond to you again until you quote me saying that or you apologize.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So the LORD was setting a trap for all those who first received these prophecies because those people took them literally?

Do you really believe that?

Was He setting a trap when He revealed this?

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel"
(Isa.7:14).​

Of course if you were one of those unbelievers in OT times you would say, "That cannot be taken literally since we all know that a virgin cannot conceive so the verse must have some kind of a spiritual meaning."

Since all of the prophecies which speak of the Lord's first advent were fulfilled "literally" then why should anyone think that the prophecies which reveal His returning to the earth should not also be fulfilled literally?

Think about it!
IP just can't understand - he's stubbornly ignorant

Interplanner

IP just can't understand - he's stubbornly ignorant

I stubbornly believe:
1, that David foresaw the resurrection as the enthronement of Messiah, because of what is plainly said in Acts 2:30-31.
2, that the resurrection of Christ fulfills all things promised to the (Israel's) fathers, because the promise always was about justification from our sins (Acts 13's sermon)
3, that the raised tent of David was how the nations came to believe as reported and discussed in Acts 15's conference. They were NOT talking about things X000 years in the future.

This is not complicated.

2P2P is as complicated as an IRS tax handbook.

Interplanner

Totally made up, as demonstrated many times.

Nonsense, as seen in Acts 2:30-31. It was just that it was not to result in a Davidic theocracy, which is a disease that keeps you from seeing what was intended. It was to result in the mission work of the church (cp Acts 15's quote of Amos) which is why Acts goes in the direction it does,
why everything in Acts about the (present) kingdom activity is actually the mission activity,
why Acts 26 says the things waited for, hoped for by Israel are already here through the resurrection...

Post less, read the Bible more.

SaulToPaul 2

Nonsense, as seen in Acts 2:30-31. It was just that it was not to result in a Davidic theocracy, which is a disease that keeps you from seeing what was intended. It was to result in the mission work of the church (cp Acts 15's quote of Amos) which is why Acts goes in the direction it does,
why everything in Acts about the (present) kingdom activity is actually the mission activity,
why Acts 26 says the things waited for, hoped for by Israel are already here through the resurrection...

Post less, read the Bible more.

Totally made up.

The promise in Acts 13, fulfilled by the resurrection, is SINGULAR.

Stop making things up. It is satanic.