ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

I guess the biggest reason it's a problem is that it presents the falsehood that Paul was required to create something that God had already provided for... a Way for Gentiles. It's making Paul out to be something God didn't intend and dividing Yeshua.

Yes, there was a way for Gentiles, if they were allied with Israel.

So, what about when Israel is Lo Ammi? What hope is there for a Gentile?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Made up.

The Bible says some people inherit land.
Some people inherit a city.
Some people inherit heaven.

3 inheritances, one Christ, one cross, one Kingdom of God, one household of God.

No.

People inherit a Heavenly Kingdom (country) ruled by a Heavenly City.

Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rev.ch 7 Mat.ch 25. Rev.ch 21

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob will be in the kingdom of heaven, whose inheritance is the City.

No.

The city is of the resurrected saints.

No saints inherit the saints.

The Kingdom of Heaven will be on earth.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

It is not a Jewish city.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

The saints will come down on the earth after their resurrection.

Zep 3:18 I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
Zep 3:19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
Zep 3:20 At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Rev.ch 7 describes the prophets and priests of the new covenant and they are not flesh Jews, they are Israel of the Spirit, that is Heavenly Zion, and her children are the great multitude.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter- repent, be baptized for remission of sins, be diligent to stay in the faith, when the LORD returns he will blot out your sins and raise you up to inherit the holy City.

No.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Paul - believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV), trust the LORD, and you will be identified in his death, burial, and resurrection, and have your sins blotted out immediately...seated in the heavens with Christ.

Paul preached the same as Peter.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Same LORD, same cross, same blood, different group, different purpose, different inheritance.

To make them the same is making the Bible into nonsense.

Paul preached the same as did Peter--

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Paul obeyed the gospel given the saints at the beginning--

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jude said what to do--

Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

As Jesus commanded the apostles to preach--

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

LA

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Yes, there was a way for Gentiles, if they were allied with Israel.

So, what about when Israel is Lo Ammi? What hope is there for a Gentile?

Not allied with Israel, allied with God. God's provision was for anyone who accepted Him and lived according to His Law.

IMJerusha

Sure it is. Just another round about way to do it.

Either way is putting down another.

No, one way is a put down and the other way identifies bad behavior. This is another difficulty plaguing the Body...failure to properly identify sinful behavior. I attribute it to complete dismissal of the Law.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
No, one way is a put down and the other way identifies bad behavior. This is another difficulty plaguing the Body...failure to properly identify sinful behavior. I attribute it to complete dismissal of the Law.
I know you like to loophole what you do compared to what others do.
But it's putting people down either way.

You can either say they are behaving like a turd, or you can flat out call them a turd.
It's a put down either way.
And your behavior is no exception.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is the claim of MADists that if anyone holds to the gospel of Peter then they reject Pauls gospel.

That is the claim of Madists here.

LA
All of our claims sound so bad when you say them. We must be really awful people. That or there is a great deal of misunderstanding going on.

Last edited:

Levolor

I know you like to loophole what you do compared to what others do.
But it's putting people down either way.

You can either say they are behaving like a turd, or you can flat out call them a turd.
It's a put down either way.
And you behavior is no exception.

Labeling people, such as you say: a turd, is a violation against the free-will of another to self-label.

That particular label is also a lie. No person is in fact, a turd.

Describing behavior is alerting/calling another to self-examine. That may help them obey the scripture that instructs to examine yourselves to see if they are in the faith, which call for obedience. This describing of behavior can be a blessing.

Name calling is just mean, and is never called for a disciple to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.