ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

I call folks stupid and foolish
because
that's what I really think and believe about them.

Do you think they are sinful?

Why should I lie about that?

I have never seen you call anyone sinful..

But should not the question be instead:

"Why should I call a person names?"

And not:

"Why should I lie about thinking badly of them..."

Name calling is not rebuke...

And running around in the world calling people names in the name of open rebuke as being Biblical is also kinda nuts...

Why would you not instead seek to find the line of talk that has a chance of converting a person to saving faith? Name calling only hardens hearts, and never persuades...

Your question makes it a matter of your own personal judgmental and condemnatory self expression... And that you will NOT find in the Bible...

When I first came here, I was sorely provoked, as all new posters seem to be, and so I tried answering in kind... This was with GD and GM - You were there... And I tried a lot of things to break the grip that personal assault had... None succeeded, as you know... But in the course of that, I bit back on occasion, and in this do you really then seek to cast the provokers into the same pit with the one being provoked who returns provocation in kind?

And ya gotta admit, for anyone investigating Christianity here, the witness being given of personal assault is utterly lousy... And they will run from ever becoming Christian...

Arsenios

Nang

TOL Subscriber
When I first came here, I was sorely provoked, as all new posters seem to be, and so I tried answering in kind... This was with GD and GM - You were there... And I tried a lot of things to break the grip that personal assault had... None succeeded, as you know... But in the course of that, I bit back on occasion, and in this do you really then seek to cast the provokers into the same pit with the one being provoked who returns provocation in kind?

I was there, too, and you answered back in a spirit of humor, just to reveal the selective and biased morals of the Mods.

MADists curse all who do not go along with their false teachings, in the spirit of hatred.

And I do not believe any of them can deny this is the very premise of their beloved belief and education, promoted by the owner and endorsers of this web site, in "Smack Down Tactics."

And ya gotta admit, for anyone investigating Christianity here, the witness being given of personal assault is utterly lousy... And they will run from ever becoming Christian...

Arsenios

Yep . . .

Levolor

Labeling people, such as you say: a turd, is a violation against the free-will of another to self-label.

That particular label is also a lie. No person is in fact, a turd.

Right.
It is just an expression used to describe a person's behavior.

So, to tell another that they stink, which is what the behavior of a turd is while it actually does nothing, helps the one you think is mistaken just how?

Describing behavior is alerting/calling another to self-examine.

That may help them obey the scripture that instructs to examine yourselves to see if they are in the faith, which call for obedience. This describing of behavior can be a blessing.

It's a put down. Expressing that THEY need to change their ways, while you don't need to.

Your answer only addresses the bolded part.

So, the name calling is done from a position of superiority. I see.

With the name calling of: "you're a turd" there is nothing of instruction of the why and how to's for the other person to change their ways.

Aren't Christians supposed to pull people up rather than put them down. To be an example to the world? To love his neighbor?

Putting someone down without a concern of how that affects their soul? Sounds antagonistic to me... sounds like behavior that St. Paul said that those who engaged in such behaviors would not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

These behaviors, in this instance a touch of variance with a big load of hatred, (yes, name calling is a form of hatred) can be overcome. All it takes is a decision to do so, but maybe the delight that is taken in this behavior has overcome the name caller?

Do consider what God hates:

These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,[/U]
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19 (NKJV)

God's hatred is different that mankind's.

What are we to do instead of name call? We are to walk in the Spirit, to keep our concerns to do with heavenly things as said in Colossians 3:2 (NKJV) Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

And you are thinking of excrement? Calling another person who is made in the image of God, excrement? It is written (paraphrased): What is in the heart is what comes out of the mouth.

How low into the earth does a turd go?

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Identifying bad behavior is not the same as name calling, Tambora.

Sure it is. Just another round about way to do it.

Either way is putting down another.

Rather, it looks to be putting yourself down... very low... what with your mind on excrement and spewing out of your mouth "turd", as you have said. How low into the earth does a turd go?

Identifying bad behavior is exhortation. It is encouraging another to be who they really are, which is love: for we are made in the image of God who is love.

St. Paul said: For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Galatians 5:14

If you were to be called all sort of vile names repeatedly, would you feel loved by that person?

Name calling is just mean, and is never called for a disciple to do.

I know, I know.
Jesus and Paul were just meanies.

Nice attempt at a re-direct to take the attention away from the point, which is that name calling is never called for a disciple to do.

Don't forget too: The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. Matthew 10:24

And, St. Paul said: " Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you]." Colossians 4:6 (AMP)

How is calling some one a turd, your expression, gracious speech?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That does disappoint me. I have little doubt that you love the Lord and are one of His.

You are a Mod. If it "disappoints" you, why do you go along with all the cursing and judging of the eternal fate of others, constantly declared by MAD?

I would even wonder how you can sleep at night, seeing how Christians are routinely abused by a protected people on this site.

(Or maybe you do not read all that is posted?)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have little doubt that you love the Lord and are one of His.

It is what comes out of LAs mouth that defiles. If LA was of Christ, then that testimony would come forth. But the opposite happens.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It is what comes out of LAs mouth that defiles. If LA was of Christ, then that testimony would come forth. But the opposite happens.

LA does not curse others or tell any to go to hell like you do, day in and day out.

It shocks me that you would dare to condemn a Christian man who posts mountains of scripture, in patience and desire to glorify God, as not being up to your standard . . which is totally deplorable and hypocritical.

How dare you think you are in position to judge anything that comes out of his mouth or any other heart, when all you spew and spit is hatred and filthy poison and unchristian false teaching.

YOU will reap what YOU have sown on this site, YOU ugly, wicked man.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think they are sinful?

I have never seen you call anyone sinful.
I'll save ya some time. I think everyone is sinful.

But should not the question be instead:

"Why should I call a person names?"

And not:

"Why should I lie about thinking badly of them..."
You can sugarcoat your inner feelings if you want to.
But it doesn't make you a better person than those that are truthful of their inner feelings.

Name calling is not rebuke...
Sure it is.
It is one of the many forms of rebuke that the Lord used.

And running around in the world calling people names in the name of open rebuke as being Biblical is also kinda nuts...
Have you read the bible?
Pig, dog, whore, hypocrite, fool, child of the devil, etc.

Why would you not instead seek to find the line of talk that has a chance of converting a person to saving faith? Name calling only hardens hearts, and never persuades...
For the same reason the prophets and apostles called names. Because it is what they believed to be true.

Your question makes it a matter of your own personal judgmental and condemnatory self expression... And that you will NOT find in the Bible...

Let me guess ......
You think your personal judgment of others is justified, but their personal judgement of you is not.
Hmm, imagine that.

No, I don't admit any such thing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, to tell another that they stink, which is what the behavior of a turd is while it actually does nothing, helps the one you think is mistaken just how?
I don't recall ever saying that me putting down another is supposed to HELP them, anymore than when you do it helps.

So, the name calling is done from a position of superiority. I see.
No, you don't see.
I don't claim to be superior to anyone.
I sin, just like everyone else.

With the name calling of: "you're a turd" there is nothing of instruction of the why and how to's for the other person to change their ways.

Aren't Christians supposed to pull people up rather than put them down. To be an example to the world? To love his neighbor?

Putting someone down without a concern of how that affects their soul? Sounds antagonistic to me... sounds like behavior that St. Paul said that those who engaged in such behaviors would not inherit the kingdom of heaven. Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

These behaviors, in this instance a touch of variance with a big load of hatred, (yes, name calling is a form of hatred) can be overcome. All it takes is a decision to do so, but maybe the delight that is taken in this behavior has overcome the name caller?

Do consider what God hates:

These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,[/U]
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19 (NKJV)

God's hatred is different that mankind's.

What are we to do instead of name call? We are to walk in the Spirit, to keep our concerns to do with heavenly things as said in Colossians 3:2 (NKJV) Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

And you are thinking of excrement? Calling another person who is made in the image of God, excrement? It is written (paraphrased): What is in the heart is what comes out of the mouth.

How low into the earth does a turd go?

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

Rather, it looks to be putting yourself down... very low... what with your mind on excrement and spewing out of your mouth "turd", as you have said. How low into the earth does a turd go?

Identifying bad behavior is exhortation. It is encouraging another to be who they really are, which is love: for we are made in the image of God who is love.

St. Paul said: For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Galatians 5:14

If you were to be called all sort of vile names repeatedly, would you feel loved by that person?

Nice attempt at a re-direct to take the attention away from the point, which is that name calling is never called for a disciple to do.

Don't forget too: The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. Matthew 10:24

And, St. Paul said: " Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you]." Colossians 4:6 (AMP)

How is calling some one a turd, your expression, gracious speech?
Let me wrap this up.
You think I behave badly at times, but you don't?
What a crock!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are a Mod. If it "disappoints" you, why do you go along with all the cursing and judging of the eternal fate of others, constantly declared by MAD?
And non-MADist like you.

I would even wonder how you can sleep at night, seeing how Christians are routinely abused by a protected people on this site.
You do it all the time. How do you sleep?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LA does not curse others or tell any to go to hell like you do, day in and day out.
Do you even hear yourself??????

"I did it only 5 times, but you did it 10 times. That makes you worse than me."

It shocks me that you would dare to condemn a Christian man who posts mountains of scripture, in patience and desire to glorify God, as not being up to your standard . . which is totally deplorable and hypocritical.
Shocks you?

Prepare to be shocked again ..... by yourself .....
How dare you think you are in position to judge anything that comes out of his mouth or any other heart, when all you spew and spit is hatred and filthy poison and unchristian false teaching.

YOU will reap what YOU have sown on this site, YOU ugly, wicked man.
And there ya go.
So sweet, so nice, so gracious. NOT.
But it is what you really think.

andyc

All the name calling and stuff doesn't bother me. Once you begin to get to know people you can pretty much get a feel for where they're at spiritually. People like dan p musterion john w nick m grosnick etc, are completely nowhere. And a few others camp there now and again but occasionally show some class.
I tend to dismiss these people as flakes, but it's a shame the more reasonable ones don't try and keep them on a lead. They can be distracting when discussing things.

Without a doubt this is why the more serious thinkers and debaters like AMR, Lon, and Hilston choose to avoid this site, and that's a shame. There was also a MADist lady that used to post here who went to the same church as Hilston, and she was a very nice person.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People like dan p musterion john w nick m grosnick etc, are completely nowhere.
Thanks for adding yet another personal judgment of others.
Tell me how that makes you the better person. :idunno:

andyc

Thanks for adding yet another personal judgment of others.
Tell me how that makes you the better person. :idunno:

When people respond with "wolf", "idiot", "cain", "homo", without even addressing anything in the post, I can do nothing other than write them off as carnal/flakes. Paul addressed the church at Corinth as carnal, and it was along these same lines.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, why would MADists have to declare their opponents in doctrine to be unsaved.

As I said before, it is disappointing to me when Mid Acts believers declare those, who don't fully understand things as we do, not to be saved. That being said, your question here is plainly hypocritical, given the title of this thread.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

When it comes to judging, I have seen you give as get as you get for many years.
(Or maybe you do not read all that is posted?)

Of course not. Do you have time to read all that is posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.