ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No person is in fact, a turd.
Right.
It is just an expression used to describe a person's behavior.

Describing behavior is alerting/calling another to self-examine.
It's a put down. Expressing that THEY need to change their ways, while you don't need to.

That may help them obey the scripture that instructs to examine yourselves to see if they are in the faith, which call for obedience. This describing of behavior can be a blessing.
Not when you exempt yourself of the same behavior.

Name calling is just mean, and is never called for a disciple to do.
I know, I know.
Jesus and Paul were just meanies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A;; of our claims sound so bad when you say them. We must be really awful people. That or there is a great deal of misunderstanding going on.

Well, why would MADists have to declare their opponents in doctrine to be unsaved.

If that is acceptable behavour then just give the green light.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've been thinking about a joke I posted on the make me laugh thread.
It was about what you have to do to go to heaven.
If I believe and confess and trust in the
Lord according to what I've read said many times among the MADS here, then
How can a man teach women to obey their husbands since that is a work apart from His work on the cross?

maybe Paul heard that from Peter ? seriously, customs and/or traditions of the cultures and times, were a bit different then. that doesn't change the Gospel of Salvation that Paul preached first - a bit of a petty comparison - :patrol:

View attachment 19298

Nang

TOL Subscriber
[/YELLOW]

maybe Paul heard that from Peter ? seriously, customs and/or traditions of the cultures and times, were a bit different then. that doesn't change the Gospel of Salvation that Paul preached first - a bit of a petty comparison - :patrol:

View attachment 19298

You MADists are saying there was no gospel of salvation until Paul . . . so how did Paul get saved?

And are you claiming that Peter was not saved until Paul wrote to the church in Corinth and penned I Corinthians 15:1-4? Is there scripture that says those are the exact (and only) Gospel words that saved Peter's soul? Do you know if Peter ever read the epistle from Paul sent to that church? Did Peter ever quote I Corinthians 15:1-4, as the Gospel message, in any of his sermons?

If not, Peter saved no one, even though anointed an Apostle of Jesus Christ, and given power to bind or loose souls in heaven. WoW!

Or maybe you think Peter was never saved, since he died before those words were printed in book form . . .

???

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Right.
It is just an expression used to describe a person's behavior.

It's a put down. Expressing that THEY need to change their ways, while you don't need to.

Not when you exempt yourself of the same behavior.

I know, I know.
Jesus and Paul were just meanies.

Jesus and Paul never cursed people, or used similar language MADists have used to curse me to hell, and calling me the most vile names they could think of.

The next time it happens, I will be sure to contact IMJ and let her rebuke them on my behalf.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, why would MADists have to declare their opponents in doctrine to be unsaved.

If that is acceptable behavour then just give the green light.

LA

MADists constantly accuse others of being unsaved, on the wrong basis of not limiting their belief of the Gospel message to only I Corinthians 15:1-4.

Yet, they also constantly taunt, by asking us to say whether we think they are saved or not . . . with malice, hoping to cause us to appear judgmental.

Go figure . . .

Arsenios

Buford T Justice might have given you an "attention getter".

We are already getting murdered in Syria and Iraq, and you cling to the faked imagery of Hollywood?

Post-modern Hollywood psycho-epistemology...

Bringing the arrogance of Hollywood...

To ignorance of repentance...

Lord have Mercy!

Arsenios

Arsenios

I know you like to loophole what you do compared to what others do.
But it's putting people down either way.

You can either say they are behaving like a turd, or you can flat out call them a turd.
It's a put down either way.
And your behavior is no exception.

So do you really think that every disagreement should then be engaged by name calling? And bad behavior by worse behavior?? And everyone calling everyone else turds???

Can a person simply say that name calling is sinful without calling the person name-calling the dirty name name-caller?

It is the MAD folks here who love to name-call - It is the hall-mark of this site... Nick does it out of sheer boredom, no doubt... And do you want to accuse those who ID this behavior as just as bad as those who do it as a matter of policy?

It is kinda nuts, Tam...

No way to see it in a good way...

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You MADists are saying there was no gospel of salvation until Paul . . . so how did Paul get saved?

And are you claiming that Peter was not saved until Paul wrote to the church in Corinth and penned I Corinthians 15:1-4? Is there scripture that says those are the exact (and only) Gospel words that saved Peter's soul? Do you know if Peter ever read the epistle from Paul sent to that church? Did Peter ever quote I Corinthians 15:1-4, as the Gospel message, in any of his sermons?

If not, Peter saved no one, even though anointed an Apostle of Jesus Christ, and given power to bind or loose souls in heaven. WoW!

Or maybe you think Peter was never saved, since he died before those words were printed in book form . . .

???

no - :patrol:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So do you really think that every disagreement should then be engaged by name calling?
Nope.

And bad behavior by worse behavior??
Nope.

And everyone calling everyone else turds???
Nope.

Can a person simply say that name calling is sinful without calling the person name-calling the dirty name name-caller?
Sure, they can say it.

It is the MAD folks here who love to name-call
Sometimes.
And sometimes it's not MAD folks.

It is the hall-mark of this site... Nick does it out of sheer boredom, no doubt... And do you want to accuse those who ID this behavior as just as bad as those who do it as a matter of policy?

It is kinda nuts, Tam...
It's reality.
Most everyone does it in one form or another.
Even you.

No way to see it in a good way...
I do, cause the bible says so.

"Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed."

You can hide it and be coy with words, or just be truthful and say what's really on your mind.
Either that or keep your mouth shut. And we know that ain't gonna happen, now don't we.

And for Pete's sake, don't fall for the lie that you, me, Nang, IMJ, STP, Nick, etc., haven't said anything derogatory about others here.
I know I have. And I don't try to make excuses that I'm so much "nicer" than others.
I call folks stupid and foolish because that's what I really think and believe about them. Why should I lie about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.