Spiritual Israel not "Real Israel" is a doctrine of Demons!

Jerry Shugart

Jesus says to repent of sins; it was taught in all the Old Testament; John the baptizer preached it, and even Paul himself.

I don't deny that but you fail to address the fact that Scripture after Scripture reveals that it only takes faith to be saved. i wonder why you cannot know the things which are freely given to us who believe?:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"
(1 Cor.2:12).​

I have received the free "gift of eternal life" (Ro.6:23;1 Jn.5:11) and I received it when I believed:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

You say that believing is not enough but instead we must work in order to receive the free gift of eternal life.

Epoisses

Beloved gets one thing right. Dispy's have sold the farm for their delusions. John Bar-man has made them drunk on the wine of Babylon.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Beloved gets one thing right. Dispy's have sold the farm for their delusions. John Bar-man has made them drunk on the wine of Babylon.

Western Eschatology is a dead give away of biblical perspective that was gleaned from "off the shelf" dogma, instead of (Rm. 8:9 & 1 Jn. 2:27) understood scripture.

Epoisses

Western Eschatology is a dead give away of biblical perspective that was gleaned from "off the shelf" dogma, instead of (Rm. 8:9 & 1 Jn. 2:27) understood scripture.

According to you only Gentiles can receive the Spirit! Jews are saved by having the right flesh and keeping the law. Go back to the noob factory of flesh robots.

Epoisses

I went ahead and quoted the part of your post that was sensible and factual.

# Leaning in and whispering... Proverbs 17:28

I once had a hat like yours until the bully at school smashed it around my crown! I emptied a clip of hollow points into his heart and dumped his body in a back alley and made it look like a robbery gone wrong. No one ever found out and I weeped at his funeral.

God's Truth

I don't deny that but you fail to address the fact that Scripture after Scripture reveals that it only takes faith to be saved. i wonder why you cannot know the things which are freely given to us who believe?:

Faith alone is DEAD.

You would rather sin by professing there are different gospels, just so you can hold onto what you were taught. You would rather sin by going against what Jesus says on HOW to be saved.

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Cor.2:12).

I have received the free "gift of eternal life" (Ro.6:23;1 Jn.5:11) and I received it when I believed:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).

You say that believing is not enough but instead we must work in order to receive the free gift of eternal life.

All the scriptures that tell us to ‘believe’---those scriptures do not nullify the scriptures that say to obey.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I once had a hat like yours until the bully at school smashed it around my crown! I emptied a clip of hollow points into his heart and dumped his body in a back alley and made it look like a robbery gone wrong. No one ever found out and I weeped at his funeral.

???

Ummm, okay? You know Hats don't have a heart...

Right?

Just kidding... but on a positive note, this point had as much truth in it as all the rest you've tried to make.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All the scriptures that tell us to ‘believe’---those scriptures do not nullify the scriptures that say to obey.
No scripture you give is going to nullify this:

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

GT, still trying to make it say two.
cop-1.gif

shame shame

KingdomRose

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"
(1 Cor.2:12).​

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

No.....scripture after scripture tells us that we must follow Jesus' example and DO the Father's will. If you dare, look up each of the following verses and then tell me that all we have to do is "believe"!

Matthew 5:16
Matthew 7:21,24
Matthew 12:50
Matthew 16:27
Matthew 25:40
Luke 6:46
Luke 9:23
Luke 10:25-28
Luke 13:24
John 3:19-21
Acts 10:34,35
Acts 26:20
Romans 2:6
I Timothy 2:10
Titus 3:8,14
Hebrews 10:24
James 2:14-26
I Peter 2:12
I Peter 2:21

Jerry Shugart

No.....scripture after scripture tells us that we must follow Jesus' example and DO the Father's will.

The following passages tells us exactly what works we must do in order to do the Father's will:

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent"
(Jn.6:28-29).​

Then later the Lord Jesus said:

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day"
(Jn.6:40).​

If you actually believe in the Lord Jesus then you will believe what He said here:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

This is the will of God, that those who "believe" have eternal life. There is no mistaking His words. And what He says is either true or it is false. There is nothing in between. You either believe that once a person believes then at that moment he possesses eternal life or you do not!

If you believe in the Lord Jesus then you will believe that His words bring life, as witnessed by what He said here:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

If you believe in Him then you will believe what He said. If you do not then these words of the Lord Jesus apply directly to you:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me" (Mt.15:8).​

clefty

The following passages tells us exactly what works we must do in order to do the Father's will:

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent"
(Jn.6:28-29).​

Then later the Lord Jesus said:

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day"
(Jn.6:40).​

If you actually believe in the Lord Jesus then you will believe what He said here:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

This is the will of God, that those who "believe" have eternal life. There is no mistaking His words. And what He says is either true or it is false. There is nothing in between. You either believe that once a person believes then at that moment he possesses eternal life or you do not!

If you believe in the Lord Jesus then you will believe that His words bring life, as witnessed by what He said here:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

If you believe in Him then you will believe what He said. If you do not then these words of the Lord Jesus apply directly to you:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me" (Mt.15:8).​

Does belief bare fruit? If not it is cursed.

Even the theif on the cross was given grace after having given evidence/fruit of his belief...

He rebuked the mocker, accepted and repented his guilt, declared Him Son of God...and one step beyond belief He asked Him to be remembered in His kingdom...

Even Satan believes but does not ask to be remembered...

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Spiritual Israel is the basis of Christianity. The Bible states that those who believe in Christ are Abraham's seed.

Literally, not adopted. Or graphed, or adherents-

We are Israel

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't deny that but you fail to address the fact that Scripture after Scripture reveals that it only takes faith to be saved.

Faith is a reflection of belief, it's evidence of things unseen.

Repentance is a change of one's mind, and a sincere change of mind with regard to sin changes one's soul.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A Calvinist is neither too early or too late; he arrives precisely when he was predestined to :)

I believe in a god who destines me, and not the other way around.
If you do not, then there is something wrong with you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's over 20000 denominations of Christianity-

They are all the product of 'free will' ran rabid.

And so the Reformed will be here when you are lost :plain: