South Carolina Cop Tosses Student Around

glorydaz

We aren't talk about par for the course. We are talking about this specific instance. In this specific instance we have reason to believe that his actions are racially motivated. If you don't think so, that's fine. But in doing so you are selectively ignoring parts of the story that you disagree with. Cherry picking does not further this discussion.

No, I'm not, and your saying so over and over again does not make it true.

It appears to me you're putting more faith in your imaginings than you are in the facts. The girl disobeyed several commands before this alleged "racist" cop forced her compliance. And in one of the nicest takedowns I've seen in quite some time, too Textbook takedown. :thumb:

glorydaz

I don't quite follow but my answer stands, race doesn't give anyone an excuse to be disruptive.

Your "reasons to believe" are racist in themselves. It's your preconceptions that race was a factor. Surmise on your part. Did he let a white girl defy him while he focused on a black girl?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't quite follow but my answer stands, race doesn't give anyone an excuse to be disruptive.

I agree. Nor does it give an officer the right to treat one differently because of race.

The defining factor in how a person should be dealt with should be dependent on their actions. What bothers me about the *race issue* being brought up is that I see it as a way of taking any responsibility off of the student.

Quetzal

No, I'm not, and your saying so over and over again does not make it true.

It appears to me you're putting more faith in your imaginings than you are in the facts. The girl disobeyed several commands before this alleged "racist" cop forced her compliance. And in one of the nicest takedowns I've seen in quite some time, too Textbook takedown. :thumb:
From the article...
Fields has been accused before of excessive force and racial bias, but has so far prevailed in court. Trial is set for January in the case of an expelled student who claims Fields targeted black students and falsely accused him of being a gang member in 2013.

In another case, a federal jury sided with Fields after a black couple accused him of excessive force and battery during a noise complaint arrest in 2005. A third lawsuit, dismissed in 2009, involved a woman who accused him of battery and violating her rights during a 2006 arrest.
Looks like the court has been on his side (no surprise there given the statistics), but his history does support a racial bias. That is not my imagination.

Quetzal

Your "reasons to believe" are racist in themselves. It's your preconceptions that race was a factor. Surmise on your part. Did he let a white girl defy him while he focused on a black girl?
It is in his professional record. This is not an isolated incident. It certainly isn't the whole story but it is a part of it. Unlike you, I do not tend to ignore and brush these types of accusations aside as nothing to support myself.

Quetzal

I agree. Nor does it give an officer the right to treat one differently because of race.

The defining factor in how a person should be dealt with should be dependent on their actions. What bothers me about the *race issue* being brought up is that I see it as a way of taking any responsibility off of the student.
Does she deserve some sort of reprimand? Sure. Being thrown to the ground by a man twice her size isn't exactly what I had in mind.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Does she deserve some sort of reprimand? Sure. Being thrown to the ground by a man twice her size isn't exactly what I had in mind.

well, back in the day she could have been dragged out to the woodshed by the teacher or the principal and given a whipping

or expelled permanently from school

can't do that now

Mocking You

You must have missed the part where cops are trained to pick up students while still in their desks and flip them over backwards onto the ground. :)

[was waiting for the "he's just doing what he's trained" excuse to come up...]

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't think anyone is pleased with how this was handled. What I DO see is all the blame being placed on the officer and no responsibility being put on the girl.

glorydaz

It is in his professional record. This is not an isolated incident. It certainly isn't the whole story but it is a part of it. Unlike you, I do not tend to ignore and brush these types of accusations aside as nothing to support myself.

Unlike me, you fail to see that cops will have complaints of racism every time a black is arrested. You tend to believe every complaint filed by the perp is legitimate. That's simply being blind to what's going on in this country. It's a result of the political effort to empower blacks. Entitlement run amok. It keeps Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in the limelight.

The fact is that the cop was told to remove her and he did. It's just an inconvenient truth you hope to brush off. But, your bleeding heart and know-it-all attitude are beginning to bore me, so you can stew over it if you like. :yawn:

Quetzal

Unlike me, you fail to see that cops will have complaints of racism every time a black is arrested. You tend to believe every complaint filed by the perp is legitimate.
Considering it went to trail on three separate occasions I think I have the right to take it into consideration. :rolleyes:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The latest (yesterday) COPS incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QXqD2HsxAQ

Apparently he is arresting her for not leaving the classroom when asked.

He was arresting her for disrupting the school. She was resisting. She was asked nicely a few times before that happened to stand up and come with the officer, she cussed and refused before that happened. Then he tried to pull her from her seat and she immediately started resisting, then that happened.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Unlike me, you fail to see that cops will have complaints of racism every time a black is arrested. You tend to believe every complaint filed by the perp is legitimate. That's simply being blind to what's going on in this country. It's a result of the political effort to empower blacks. Entitlement run amok. It keeps Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in the limelight.

The fact is that the cop was told to remove her and he did. It's just an inconvenient truth you hope to brush off. But, your bleeding heart and know-it-all attitude are beginning to bore me, so you can stew over it if you like. :yawn:

:thumb: and this kind of thing is WHY the schools are a mess. Entitlement run amok indeed!

glorydaz

He was arresting her for disrupting the school. She was resisting. She was asked nicely a few times before that happened to stand up and come with the officer, she cussed and refused before that happened. Then he tried to pull her from her seat and she immediately started resisting, then that happened.

Yep, and the chair only went with her because she was holding onto it....hoping not be unseated. Well, she wasn't. :chuckle: