Salvation

meshak

BANNED
Banned
here is more similar verse from Jesus:

John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The first 3000 and 5000 were pentecostally Sealed.

Hint.
Nope! They were not! Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
I already showed you Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV. They have to endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV, Matthew 24:13 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). There's a lot riding on what they do. No seal in sight!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Oneness pentecostals make up 10% or so, why ask this?
You said "I am one".

What is the Seal unless it was supernaturally born and sent?
Again, the seal is only to those of us (not those at Pentecost who never heard the gospel of Christ) who have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV) and the scripture bears out what it is, notice that it says it's the earnest (guarantee) of "our inheritance".

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

This has to do with the one new man (Ephesians 2:13-15 KJV) which is made up of the "we" who first trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12 KJV) beginning with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and the "ye" who also trusted (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Have you trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
here is more similar verse from Jesus:

John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
Romans 3:21-22 KJV

meshak

BANNED
Banned
more similar statement from Jesus:

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

***Keeping the commandments is not just for OT people. Jesus continued to command the same which is love God and love one another.

This is the basic theme of the whole bible message. And this is the basic principle of Christianity and Salvation.

Ben Masada

more similar statement from Jesus:

4. 1 John 2:3 New King James Version Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

Keeping the commandments is not just for OT people. Jesus continued to command the same which is love God and love one another.

This is the basic theme of the whole bible message. And this is the basic principle of Christianity and Salvation.

Very good Meshak; from now on try to remember always that love is the token of obedience. When we love the Lord we keep His commandments. It means that there is no justification by faith only. Justification comes only through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19) BTW, James said that faith without the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what James meant. (James 2:26)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Very good Meshak; from now on try to remember always that love is the token of obedience. When we love the Lord we keep His commandments. It means that there is no justification by faith only. Justification comes only through repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19) BTW, James said that faith without the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what James meant. (James 2:26)
As usual, the wannabe Jew (as there are none today Romans 11:32 KJV) is going to tell us all how it's not. He rejects the Lord Jesus Christ and therefore His faith which justified us! Also take note, that justification is not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified!

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

What are you doing on a Christian board?

jzeidler

Jesus is the judge, friend.

All I am doing is to what Jesus says about how to serve God and Jesus.

We will know the last day when Jesus gives the verdict.

Salvation is not one time confession. Jesus expects His followers to be faithful to Him until the end.

Yes Jesus is the judge. But why should we have the mindset of servants when God clearly calls us sons not slaves or servants?

And if you say that we will only know it the last day was John lying or being deceitful when he said "I wrote these things so you may KNOW you have eternal life."?

If salvation is not a one time event then why is the cross necessary? Is the cross and the gospel not the power into salvation? Must we add our obedience in order for the cross to actually be of value? And if so does that mean we are more powerful than Jesus' work on the cross? If we are faithful yet mess up on one thing that we might not even know about will we go to hell?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes Jesus is the judge. But why should we have the mindset of servants when God clearly calls us sons not slaves or servants?

And if you say that we will only know it the last day was John lying or being deceitful when he said "I wrote these things so you may KNOW you have eternal life."?

If salvation is not a one time event then why is the cross necessary? Is the cross and the gospel not the power into salvation? Must we add our obedience in order for the cross to actually be of value? And if so does that mean we are more powerful than Jesus' work on the cross? If we are faithful yet mess up on one thing that we might not even know about will we go to hell?

Nope, no hell jz. If you believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - then you are saved and sealed. Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I would like to know if you are a Christian before I answer your questions.
because your avatar is not revealing your position.

thanks.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why should it matter? All I'm doing is asking questions.

It does matter, because Jesus' followers follow Jesus' instructions and honor what He teaches.

Non believers base their mentality or faith based on what they think and follow secular point of view.

I am Jesus' follower and spread what Jesus teaches or commands.

jzeidler

It does matter, because Jesus' followers follow Jesus' instructions and honor what He teaches.

Non believers base their mentality or faith based on what they think and follow secular point of view.

I am Jesus' follower and spread what Jesus teaches or commands.

What would your answers be to a Jesus follower?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What would your answers be to a Jesus follower?

Originally Posted by jzeidler View Post

You see, your comments coming from politically and worldly correct terms. The Bible uses God's followers and Jesus' followers servants. It is not offensive to God's people because we are serving God and Jesus.
It is correct term. Nothing is wrong about it.

We are happy to be His servants. That's what we are.:)

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
You see, your comments coming from politically and worldly correct terms. The Bible uses God's followers and Jesus' followers servants. It is not offensive to God's people because we are serving God and Jesus.
It is correct term. Nothing is wrong about it.

We are happy to be His servants. That's what we are.:)

You're not serving God. You have to be saved to serve. You reject the only gospel that is the power of God to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).