Salvation

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am not sure about your full meaning when you say "not a one time event or confession" are you saying you have to be forgiven again after being saved?

If you don't abide in Him until the end, you will not be saved. Jesus expects complete loyalty to Him with our actions and word until the end.

Most protestants seem to believe OSAS doctrine. They believe you cannot lose your salvation. But Jesus does not say that. You will lose it if you don't abide in Him until the end.

sorry for redundancy.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Salvation is not one time confession. Jesus expects His followers to be faithful to Him until the end.
Salvation is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV), meshak. You and every other religious, but lost person on this site believe not and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

daqq

You and every other religious, but lost person on this site believe not and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

So you are the judge of who is "lost" and "blinded by the god of this world"? Is it not you who openly denies that the words of Messiah apply to yourself? Have you not placed yourself into a totally different and separate "dispensation" far away from that holy Testimony which Yeshua paid for with his own blood? Paul followed Messiah Yeshua and therefore did not believe what you believe:

Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his soul shall lose it: and whosoever will destroy his soul for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and forfeit his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you don't abide in Him until the end, you will not be saved. Jesus expects complete loyalty to Him with our actions and word until the end.

Most protestants seem to believe OSAS doctrine. They believe you cannot lose your salvation. But Jesus does not say that. You will lose it if you don't abide in Him until the end.

sorry for redundancy.

You don't abide in Him and I can't lose my salvation, if we could it would make God a liar, and God does not lie. John 3:16 KJV -

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So you are the judge of who is "lost" and "blinded by the god of this world"? Is it not you who openly denies that the words of Messiah apply to yourself? Have you not placed yourself into a totally different and separate "dispensation" far away from that holy Testimony which Yeshua paid for with his own blood? Paul followed Messiah Yeshua and therefore did not believe what you believe:

Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his soul shall lose it: and whosoever will destroy his soul for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and forfeit his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Heir is just speaking truth to you. Relax.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

meshak is in some big trouble since she rejects Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as the power of God to save her.

Meshak doesn't like Paul at all.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
When I accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and repent of our ways to Jesus' ways, all our sins will be forgiven.

But we have to strive to abide in Him continually to be saved. It is not one time event or confession.

Without abiding in Him we cannot do anything, we cannot produce fruit.

The first thing you did was to boot out your husband because he was more honest than you.

He KNEW that he could not meet your stringent conditions so you booted him out.

You grabbed the home he had provided for you and STILL live off his pension.

This was the beginning of your rotten fruit and you continue still to produce rotten fruit.

By their fruit ye shall know them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here is what Jesus about true and false followers:

Matt7:21-23
True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

***So we can give self assurance to be saved. Yet Jesus may have another idea about us.

How do we will of His Father?: By abide in Him, meaning strive to obey everyone He has commanded us which is a lot of work. If we don't, Jesus will tell us to away from Him and calls us evil doers.

We can certainly lose our salvation.

I can bring a lot of His word to discredit OSAS doctrine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We can certainly lose our salvation.

I can bring a lot of His word to discredit OSAS doctrine.

That's because you're ignorant of the Bible in general. You don't
know the "True Gospel" for today. You reject about 90% of the
Bible and only believe in the books of Matthew, Mark and Luke.

It's your choice to ignore the "Grace Gospel." (Paul's Gospel) It's
something you'll have to answer to God about, some day. (At the
judgment.) You have heard the "True Gospel" many times on this
forum, but you continue to reject and preach against it. Therefore,
you're an enemy of the Gospel.

You say one can "lose their salvation" however, you can't lose what
you never had to begin with.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It doesn't seem plausible that there is a OSAS since so much scripture warn us not to fall away. I don't believe in the spiel of one scripture canceling out one another.

Examples of falling away
2 Corinthians 11:3
Revelation 2:4-5
Hebrews 3:12-19

Falling away from salvation would cancel out the notion of "Once saved always saved" right? Or do we have different expectations of that statement / doctrine.

Some scriptures that supposedly support OSAS
Romans 8:38-39
Ephesians 4:30
John 10:28-30
Jude 24

It's vague at best and doesn't negate the previous scripture even mentioning falling away.

I do believe however that remaining in the faith is mandatory and needs to be upheld by all.

Also this is taking your post at face value and not sarcasm

Like Meshak, you have decided to reject the "True Gospel." It's
something you'll have to answer to God for at the judgment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Those Scriptures were written to the House of Israel and not meant
for the Body of Christ/gentiles. You're trying to live under the Law and
will have to keep it 100% or be judged by God someday. Have you
kept the Law 100% all of your life thus far?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "True Gospel" for today comes from the Apostle Paul. If one rejects
his Gospel (given to him by the ascended Christ) they are headed for
judgment and the Lake of Fire. Ephesians 2: 8-9 "For by grace are ye
saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt
be saved."

Written by the Apostle Paul through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you are the judge of who is "lost" and "blinded by the god of this world"? Is it not you who openly denies that the words of Messiah apply to yourself?
Someone's testimony (or lack thereof) is a pretty good indicator of whether or not they are saved or are in need of salvation. To demonstrate: What is the gospel of your salvation?