Salvation

jzeidler

You see, your comments coming from politically and worldly correct terms. The Bible uses God's followers and Jesus' followers servants. It is not offensive to God's people because we are serving God and Jesus.

It is correct term. Nothing is wrong about it.

We are happy to be His servants. That's what we are.:)

Ok I hear what you're saying. But, is the Christians position that of son but because their sons they like doing god's work since he is their dad. Or is their position that of servant and they delight doing what servants/salves do?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok I hear what you're saying. But, is the Christians position that of son but because their sons they like doing god's work since he is their dad. Or is their position that of servant and they delight doing what servants/salves do?

Christians accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Lord is Master. Everything the Master commands, we ought to obey. That's what we promised God we would do.

Jesus was given authority to be God's people's Lord by His Father.

And His Father, the God tells us to listen to Jesus.

All Jesus teachings are not request, it is commands we ought to follow. If we don't like it, we drop out, meaning we give up inheriting God's kingdom.

You see Jesus says "for God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands". If we don't love Him, there is no salvation.

Please read the OP.

thanks.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're not serving God. You have to be saved to serve. You reject the only gospel that is the power of God to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Meshak, like others on TOL "think" they are saved.
She has rejected the true Gospel that God has provided. She
rejects ALL of Paul's writings and his Gospel. (Given to Paul by
the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.) She has decided to follow the
"Kingdom Gospel" that was for the House of Israel 2,000 years
ago. That Gospel is no longer active in this Dispensation of Grace.

So, basically, Meshak is following a "works based religion." She's
trying her best to earn eternal life. The problem is, she
must follow the Law 100% without fail, from childhood to death.

That's quite a daunting task for any human being.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Lord is Master. Everything the Master commands, we ought to obey. That's what we promised God we would do.

All Jesus teachings are not request, it is commands we ought to follow. If we don't like it, we drop out, meaning we give up inheriting God's kingdom.

You see Jesus says "for God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands". If we don't love Him, there is no salvation.

Please read the OP.

thanks.

Have you/are you obeying 100% Meshak?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes Jesus is the judge. But why should we have the mindset of servants when God clearly calls us sons not slaves or servants?

And if you say that we will only know it the last day was John lying or being deceitful when he said "I wrote these things so you may KNOW you have eternal life."?

If salvation is not a one time event then why is the cross necessary? Is the cross and the gospel not the power into salvation? Must we add our obedience in order for the cross to actually be of value? And if so does that mean we are more powerful than Jesus' work on the cross? If we are faithful yet mess up on one thing that we might not even know about will we go to hell?

Beware! Meshak doesn't believe in the whole Bible. She only trusts
in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and sometimes John. The rest of the Bible
doesn't interest her. She doesn't like the Apostle Paul's writings and
considers him an "anti-Christ."

jzeidler

Please read the OP.

thanks.

I see nothing here about family. God clearly calls Christians his family. What makes your view of Christianity different from other religions?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I see nothing here about family. God clearly calls Christians his family. What makes your view of Christianity different from other religions?

Don't take my word for it.

Jesus teachings are in the gospels of NT, Matthew, Mark Luke and John.

They are not long books.

If you are truly interested in find out what Jesus says, read them.

You will find all kinds of loopholes if you are not sincerely seeking what Jesus is all about.

Jesus is the Teacher, not anyone else.

He teaches us perfectly about God and Himself and about love.

Jesus is the perfect teacher of love which you cannot find in the world.

jzeidler

Salvation

Don't take my word for it.

They are not long books.

If you are truly interested in find out what Jesus says, read them.

You will find all kinds of loopholes if you are not sincerely seeking what Jesus is all about.

Jesus is the Teacher, not anyone else.

He teaches us perfectly about God and Himself and about love.

Jesus is the perfect teacher of love which you cannot find in the world.

Jesus calls us sons:

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

Jesus calls us friends:

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Jesus calls us free from all obligation:

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

The last word 'free' means:

ἐλεύθερος

eleutheros

Thayer Definition:

1) freeborn

1a) in a civil sense, one who is not a slave

1b) of one who ceases to be a slave, freed, manumitted

2) free, exempt, unrestrained, not bound by an obligation

3) in an ethical sense: free from the yoke of the Mosaic Law

How can you say we are slaves when Jesus says otherwise? In fact he says the opposite. He says that we are free sons and opposes the thought that we are servants (John 15:15).

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's not how the LORD stablishes the believer today!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

You'll find that in Paul's gospel!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

nikolai_42

Christian's name came from the word "Jesus Christ.

They are followers of Christ, Jesus.

We can obtain salvation by following Him. Jesus taught us how to do it.

In a nutshell, Jesus' teachings are compiled in two commands; love God and love one another.

It is simple commands but it is hard to follow because we are basically selfish beings. We are trained or training ourselves to love ourselves first, chasing after worldly desires..

Jesus teaches us selfless life. And He showed good example by dying for our sins. This is prime example of sacrificial life and He tells His followers to do the same.

If we are not willing to give up our worldly desires and mentality, we will not inherit God's kingdom.

Here is what Jesus has to say about commandments:
Matt 22:34-40 (NIV)

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Meshak...why do you believe Jesus' commandments should be followed? You say that they are good commandments, but what makes them good? What convinces you that following them will bring you eternal life?

heir

TOL Subscriber
And here is what you will find in Jesus' gospel:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6 NKJV)​
Oh, don't forget: Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV, Matthew 24:13 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) given by revelation of the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) that stablishes one today (Romans 16:25-26 KJV), where the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). To be saved today is to trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We get saved not by works of righteousness which we have done (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). We are baptized BY one Spirit into one Body (not by water for the remission of sins 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It does matter, because Jesus' followers follow Jesus' instructions and honor what He teaches.

Non believers base their mentality or faith based on what they think and follow secular point of view.

I am Jesus' follower and spread what Jesus teaches or commands.

You have said that, you don't KNOW if you're saved. So, how can
you call yourself a Christian? I don't expect an answer, because
you never answer any questions. Most likely your pride won't
allow you to answer any questions? Besides, you ONLY believe
the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and sometimes John, when
it's convenient for you. You reject ALL the writings of the Apostle
Paul and the rest of the Bible, as you have basically said.

You have said that, the Apostle Paul is an anti-Christ. You also
LOVE the Jehovah Witnesses. You believe they're a godly people
even though they're a cult.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus calls us sons:

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

This is for Jesus' followers, friend.

Jesus calls us friends:

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

You don't know if He calls you friend. This is Jesus' call. Any case you have to be following Him to be His friend, in the first place.

Jesus calls us free from all obligation:

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

If you are true Jesus' follower, you are indeed free from all worldliness or wickedness.

How can you say we are slaves when Jesus says otherwise? In fact he says the opposite. He says that we are free sons and opposes the thought that we are servants (John 15:15).

I already explained your error.

blessings.

jzeidler

This is for Jesus' followers, friend.

You don't know if He calls you friend. This is Jesus' call. Any case you have to be following Him to be His friend, in the first place.

If you are true Jesus' follower, you are indeed free from all worldliness or wickedness.

I already explained your error.

blessings.

I see no substance or purpose in your Christianity. There is no purpose to the bible if you say that it is not written for you to glean truth from.

Also, the freedom Jesus talks about in that verse is not freedom from wickedness thing we are free from that, he says we are free from all law and all obligation.