Salvation

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christian's name came from the word "Jesus Christ.

They are followers of Christ, Jesus.

We can obtain salvation by following Him. Jesus taught us how to do it.

In a nutshell, Jesus' teachings are compiled in two commands; love God and love one another.

It is simple commands but it is hard to follow because we are basically selfish beings. We are trained or training ourselves to love ourselves first, chasing after worldly desires..

Jesus teaches us selfless life. And He showed good example by dying for our sins. This is prime example of sacrificial life and He tells His followers to do the same.

If we are not willing to give up our worldly desires and mentality, we will not inherit God's kingdom.

Here is what Jesus has to say about commandments:
Matt 22:34-40 (NIV)

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Ben Masada

In a nutshell, Jesus' teachings are compiled in two commands; love God and love one another.

It is simple commands but it is hard to follow because we are basically selfish beings. We are trained or training ourselves to love ourselves first, chasing after worldly desires..

Jesus teaches us selfless life. And He showed good example by dying for our sins. This is prime example of sacrificial life and He tells His followers to do the same.

If we are not willing to give up our worldly desires and mentality, we will not inherit God's kingdom.

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied:

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Are you sure Jesus taught how to obtain salvation by following him? I don't think so! As well as I can remember, Jesus taught us how to obtain salvation rather by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. If you don't believe it, read Luke 16:29-31.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Luke 16:29–31

29 Abraham said to him, s‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, t‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, uneither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’ ”

You seem to be reading this to justify your religion. Christians are Jesus' followers.

You are not Jesus' followers, so we will read His word differently, obviously. YOur reading is out of context with many of Jesus' word.

It is nothing complicated.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

BTW, Christians' Lord is Jesus, so we obey His commands.

Would you please mention at least 3 or 4 of his commands because, what I have is that he declared for all to hear that he did not come to abolish any of the commandments of the Law down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19) What is it that he added because what I also have is that no one else is supposed to add any thing to the Law or diminish from it. (Deut. 4:2)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Would you please mention at least 3 or 4 of his commands

Jesus says if you love Me, keep my commands.

And His commands are all in the gospels in detail.

Read all His word, and you will get the idea.

There is no loopholes.

Ben Masada

Jesus says if you love Me, keep my commands.

And His commands are all in the gospels in detail.

Read all His word, and you will get the idea.

There is no loopholes.

I asked if you could mention at least three of four commands of Jesus and you did not provide me with any. What is it Meshak, are you trying to play some kind of game with me? If Jesus came to establish any new commandment he would not remind us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law in order to get saved. (Luke 16:29-31) Don't you find this obvious!

Robert Pate

Banned

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

And you don't do any of it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And you don't do any of it.

You are not the judge of it.

Why are trying to kill the messenger?

It is not about me, it is about Jesus' commands or teachings.

Whether I obey or not, His word will not change.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I asked if you could mention at least three of four commands of Jesus and you did not provide me with any. What is it Meshak, are you trying to play some kind of game with me? If Jesus came to establish any new commandment he would not remind us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law in order to get saved. (Luke 16:29-31) Don't you find this obvious!

I am not playing a game. You are the one playing a game.

If you are serious, you will read what Jesus teaches. He is the teacher of His salvation.

You seem to be looking for the loop holes to push your agenda to justify your religion.

I am spreading to read Jesus' word. He explains simply and clearly what it is to follow Him.

They in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

You can finish reading them in a few hours.

You will not find it interesting if you are not interested in holy, righteous, godly and pure life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus teachings are not popular because He teaches us to live unselfish life.

If we are happy and enjoying this life, we will not accept His teachings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most difficult command of His teachings is to "love your enemy".

We don't want to love our enemy, but that's what He says His followers should do.

Matthew 5:43-48
New International Version (NIV)
Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

more to come...

iamaberean

Luke 16:29–31

You seem to be reading this do justify your religion. Christians are Jesus' followers.

You are not Jesus' followers, so we will read His word differently, obviously. YOur reading is out of context with many of Jesus' word.

It is nothing complicated.

Your post is good and it fits Christians to follow, but Ben is correct in the fact that Jesus was talking to the Jews, not Christians.

The Gospels are about Jesus coming unto his own, children of Israel, as their Messiah and they received him not.

The Epistles are letters to the early church and/or to the early Christians. Most anything you quote from these will agree with Jesus but Ben can not say it is for those under the law unless it is to convert them to Christianity.

May God bless!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your post is good and it fits Christians to follow, but Ben is correct in the fact that Jesus was talking to the Jews, not Christians.

Jesus is for the whole world. His teachings are for all His servants to follow.

Jews are not the only ones who need to follow His teachings and commands.

Jesus corrected Jews because Moses' law was not God's originally intended. Jesus says He came to full filled the law, meaning making the law God was originally intended for us to follow.

Good example is that Moses teaches "eye for eye and tooth for tooth"

Jesus changed to "love your enemy".

Furthermore, Jesus says "go therefore, make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

daqq

Good OP Meshak, and all else you have said I also agree with until this final post:

Jesus is for the whole world. His teachings are for all His servants to follow.

Jews are not the only ones who need to follow His teachings and commands.

Jesus corrected Jews because Moses' law was not God's originally intended. Jesus says He came to full filled the law, meaning making the law God was originally intended for us to follow.

Good example is that Moses teaches "eye for eye and tooth for tooth"

Jesus changed to "love your enemy".

Furthermore, Jesus says "go therefore, make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Yeshua did not abrogate "an eye for an eye" but rather, elsewhere, shows that it was misinterpreted by the religious leaders as a physical ordinance to be carried out against other physical human beings. It is not a physical ordinance because we wrestle not against flesh and blood. That is likewise how we know that when Yeshua says "love your enemy" he speaks of literal physical people and not your enemy the devil. Otherwise great thread. :)

turbosixx

Are you sure Jesus taught how to obtain salvation by following him? I don't think so! As well as I can remember, Jesus taught us how to obtain salvation rather by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. If you don't believe it, read Luke 16:29-31.

Jesus lived and died under the old law but he was preparing for the new. His DBR made the new possible. He wanted to tell them more but they weren't ready but the Holy Spirit would guide them.

John 16:12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.

Paul received instruction from Jesus.

1 Thes. 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 2 For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:33-37
New International Version (NIV)
Oaths
33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

daqq

Which means the punishment must be proportional to the offense.

It is interpreted in this manner:

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into Gehenna.
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into Gehenna.

Soul for soul, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot: mortify your members which are upon your land, (Col 3:5 KJV) and mortify the deeds of the body, (Rom 8:13 KJV) for in the flesh dwells no good thing, but only sin and evil, (Rom 7:18-19 KJV).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Which means the punishment must be proportional to the offense.

Nope, Jesus does not teaches us to demand fair and just.

If someone takes your crock, don't demand back. Jesus' teachings are not give and take type. This is world's standard.

He teaches us to give and give.

that's what "love your enemy" teaching is all about.

His teachings are not the same as world's standards. It is much higher. That's why it is difficult to follow.

And that's why it is not popular.