Salvation

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is interpreted in this manner:

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into Gehenna.
Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into Gehenna.

Soul for soul, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot: mortify your members which are upon your land, (Col 3:5 KJV) and mortify the deeds of the body, (Rom 8:13 KJV) for in the flesh dwells no good thing, but only sin and evil, (Rom 7:18-19 KJV).

excellent, thank you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Which means the punishment must be proportional to the offense.

And Jesus does not endorse proportional to the offense.

An eye for an eye Matt5:38-42

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

daqq

excellent, thank you.

If you understand what that means, (supernal) and you carry it out in your own "members" of your own "household", (the body) then you will indeed be doing the will of the Father through the Testimony of Yeshua and will begin fulfilling Torah in yourself as it was originally intended, ("using the Law lawfully", 1Tim 1:8). :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you understand what that means, (supernal) and you carry it out in your own "members" of your own "household", (the body) then you will indeed be doing the will of the Father through the Testimony of Yeshua and will begin fulfilling Torah in yourself as it was originally intended, ("using the Law lawfully", 1Tim 1:8). :)

Jesus made easier for us to understand what God is all about.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 7:13-14
New International Version (NIV)
The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

***According to this, universalism teaching is obviously fault.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It was implicit in the law God gave to the people of Jacob to instruct them in the righteousness of the law.

Jesus teaches us sacrificial love, which is not the same standards of the world.

Sacrificial love makes His servants different from the world. Jesus says His followers are salt and light of the world which I will bring up next.

We cannot be salt and light of the world if our standards are the same as the world's.

Sacrificial love make Jesus pure Servant of His Father; that's the main reason why His Father loves Him so much. Jesus tells His followers to do the same.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:13-16 KJV

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. ...

***if Jesus' servants' standards are the same as the world, they cannot be salt and light of the world.

heir

TOL Subscriber
BTW, Christians' Lord is Jesus, so we obey His commands.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is not about me, it is about Jesus' commands or teachings.

Whether I obey or not, His word will not change.
It is the LORD that changes not (Malachi 3:6 KJV). How the LORD has dealt with man has most certainly changed and Paul is a pattern proving that (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Christian's name came from the word "Jesus Christ.

They are followers of Christ, Jesus.

We can obtain salvation by following Him. Jesus taught us how to do it.

In a nutshell, Jesus' teachings are compiled in two commands; love God and love one another.

It is simple commands but it is hard to follow because we are basically selfish beings. We are trained or training ourselves to love ourselves first, chasing after worldly desires..

Jesus teaches us selfless life. And He showed good example by dying for our sins. This is prime example of sacrificial life and He tells His followers to do the same.

If we are not willing to give up our worldly desires and mentality, we will not inherit God's kingdom.

Here is what Jesus has to say about commandments:
Matt 22:34-40 (NIV)

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

You admit that your selfishness makes your way of salvation impossible.

You do NOT love God with all your heart soul and mind...I defy you or any other person to say that they meet this condition

Tell us straight out now

State that YOU love God with all your heart soul and mind.

If you do not according to your own belief you cannot be saved.

And we know you do not love your neighbour as you love yourself.

Admit then that YOU are not saved, will never be saved and nor will anybody else if they follow your way of salvation.

jzeidler

Christian's name came from the word "Jesus Christ.

They are followers of Christ, Jesus.

We can obtain salvation by following Him. Jesus taught us how to do it.

In a nutshell, Jesus' teachings are compiled in two commands; love God and love one another.

It is simple commands but it is hard to follow because we are basically selfish beings. We are trained or training ourselves to love ourselves first, chasing after worldly desires..

Jesus teaches us selfless life. And He showed good example by dying for our sins. This is prime example of sacrificial life and He tells His followers to do the same.

If we are not willing to give up our worldly desires and mentality, we will not inherit God's kingdom.

Here is what Jesus has to say about commandments:

Matt 22:34-40 (NIV)

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied:

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

So if a person believes in Christ's work on the cross but fails at points to love God and love others where does he go when he dies?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So if a person believes in Christ's work on the cross but fails at points to love God and love others where does he go when he dies?

Jesus is the judge, friend.

All I am doing is to what Jesus says about how to serve God and Jesus.

We will know the last day when Jesus gives the verdict.

Salvation is not one time confession. Jesus expects His followers to be faithful to Him until the end.

daqq

Yeshua says, I am the resurrection and the life: whosoever is faithfully trusting into me, though dying, shall live. And whosoever lives, [after having died off] and is faithfully trusting into me, shall absolutely not die into the aiona. Blessed are the dead which die in the Master from henceforth: Yea, the Spirit says, that they may rest from their labors and their works do follow them. :)

daqq

So it is better to die now, so that you may be raised up and live in Messiah, and that Messiah may live through you to the glory of the Father. Whoso does this in Messiah, faithfully trusting into Messiah, (by way of his full Testimony) shall not be condemned, and will absolutely not die into the aiona. :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Of course Jesus is the Lord of Christians and non Christians. We obey his commands because of John 14:15. Having said that people normally have problems with what that entails. I believe it is simple as the chapter itself is speaking about faith that produces love.

Too many protestant churches preach "grace only" or "faith only" salvation.

This is what Jesus says:

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

***how do we bear fruit? by being faithful to His teachings and commands.

We will be cast into the fire if we don't bear fruit, that is death.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What if both are true when people say only faith saves? But also say you have to produce works.

What can I do as a person to erase a sin? I think we can both agree that only Jesus has erased sin due to his righteous works. In that case, only faith can save me. But because of that salvation I do works of love.

When I accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and repent of our ways to Jesus' ways, all our sins will be forgiven.

But we have to strive to abide in Him continually to be saved. It is not one time event or confession.

Without abiding in Him we cannot do anything, we cannot produce fruit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
here is what Jesus says:

John 15King James Version (KJV)

15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.