Sabbath

clefty

I said
I believe you when you said muslims dispise anyone who doesn't keep the Sabbath. You have proven that.

Btw squeaky...this ain't about me ok? It's about what is expected of His people...

Weak attempts at slanderin' and real attempts at false testimony are not what is expected by Him of His...But to beleive as He did and do as He did...that being His Father's will...you know-the LORD...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Btw squeaky...this ain't about me ok? It's about what is expected of His people...

Weak attempts at slanderin' and real attempts at false testimony are not what is expected by Him of His...But to beleive as He did and do as He did...that being His Father's will...you know-the LORD...

when his brain goes blank he resorts to "lololol" and "your an idiot"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
There is no slander only facts.

clefty

I said
There is no slander only facts.

Yup facts documented for all to read...

As is your false testimony that claims the law was changed...just like the Jews attempted to say of the gospel being preached back in the book of acts:

"that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us"

All of that was of course called false testimony by the author of acts...also fact.

clefty

when his brain goes blank he resorts to "lololol" and "your an idiot"

His is not blank, deeply deceived yes, but not blank...I am grateful to His Spirit that has me come to offer Living water and break the ground further...squeaky must be an important trophy to win for His side...to do things as He did...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup facts documented for all to read...

As is your false testimony that claims the law was changed...just like the Jews attempted to say of the gospel being preached back in the book of acts:

"that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us"

All of that was of course called false testimony by the author of acts...also fact.

I said
Your the one lying and bearing false witness. Jesus changed the law, annulled the commandments, and made the old testament obsolete.

Acts 13:46-48
46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 "For so the Lord has commanded us: 'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.' "
48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
(NKJ)

Acts 15:5-8
5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."
6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.
7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
8 "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,
(NKJ)

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Acts 15:24
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
(NKJ)

Acts 15:25-29
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Your the one lying and bearing false witness. Jesus changed the law, annulled the commandments, and made the old testament obsolete.

Acts 13:46-48
46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 "For so the Lord has commanded us: 'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.' "
48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
(NKJ)

Acts 15:5-8
5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."
6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.
7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.
8 "So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,
(NKJ)

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Acts 15:24
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
(NKJ)

Acts 15:25-29
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
(NKJ)

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Well since you think He could change the Law and not just the law why wouldn't He change it so He wouldn't have to die...or He could have expected something easier or less of a burden for His people...

I mean why such emphasis on an unchanging law when all this time it could be changed?

Let the compromises be made and save more people right? That would be LOVE right? And mercy?

You don't mean the whole Old Testament is obsolete...just the Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well since you think He could change the Law and not just the law why wouldn't He change it so He wouldn't have to die...or He could have expected something easier or less of a burden for His people...

I mean why such emphasis on an unchanging law when all this time it could be changed?

I said
He had to die in order to change the law. His desire to change the law wasn't valid until He died.

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
He had to die in order to change the law. His desire to change the law wasn't valid until He died.

Heb 9:16-17
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
(NKJ)

So why did He keep Sabbath after He died? Why did His followers? Why did Paul?

And well why is nothing said before His death to show that it was gonna be changed? And is why His followers continue to keep it? Or at least teach it was changed. You know not hinted at...but TAUGHT and modelled...

The Jews would have openly rebelled at the notion but were not were merely upset that ONE resurrected was preached...the false witness was begun about change of Moses customs...which actually does not include the Sabbath but will let it slide for you...

How is it that it must be Paul who is mistranslated to attempt to show it was changed and that was well after His death and only by mis translating Him.

If the testator dies then it is SIGNED by His blood and SEALED by His death...so the change must have come before His death either by teaching or example...please provide either...

I have showed there was none as He kept Sabbath as did His followers...

This is why normal people and bible scholars insist Sabbath was indeed kept and upheld by scripture but it is the church who later and by her (disobedient) tradition that instituted another day of worship...

As for your everyday Sabbath that really is modern....

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
After Jesus death He first met with them walking down the road. No Sabbath.
Luke 24:27-36
27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
28 Then they drew near to the village where they were going, and He indicated that He would have gone farther.
29 But they constrained Him, saying, "Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent." And He went in to stay with them.
30 Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.
31 Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.
32 And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"
33 So they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven and those who were with them gathered together,
34 saying, "The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!"
35 And they told about the things that had happened on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of bread.
36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus showed Himself after death. When the disciples were walking down the road. When they were fishing. Jesus never mentioned the Sabbath.

John 20:25-28
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"
27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
(NKJ)

John 21:1-17

1 After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed Himself:
2 Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
3 Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.
4 But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
5 Then Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any food?" They answered Him, "No."
6 And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.
8 But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish.
9 Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread.
10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have just caught."
11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken.
12 Jesus said to them, "Come and eat breakfast." Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are You?"-- knowing that it was the Lord.
13 Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.
14 This is now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead.
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
After Jesus death He first met with them walking down the road. No Sabbath.
Luke 24:27-36
27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
28 Then they drew near to the village where they were going, and He indicated that He would have gone farther.
29 But they constrained Him, saying, "Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent." And He went in to stay with them.
30 Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.
31 Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.
32 And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"
33 So they rose up that very hour and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven and those who were with them gathered together,
34 saying, "The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!"
35 And they told about the things that had happened on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of bread.
36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you."
(NKJ)

Ummm...right, the Sabbath was celebrated by Him the day before...He was resting asleep in the tomb and His followers waited until it was over to come to finish burying Him early the next morning following the Sabbath and He was already gone...

BTW did you notice how He had to use the very thing you claim He made obsolete to explain to these disciples what was going on?

"And beginning from Moses"

Not obsolete but now affirmed and needed more than ever to validate the events Him and His doings...the NT came later...

And sermon after sermon was based on use of the OT to affirm Him as the ONE...starting with Peter at Pentecost an OT festival...Stephen, Paul on the Sabbaths and Festival days etc...

Yup first full day of the NEW COVENANT AGE was Sabbath celebrated by HIM and His...just like the EDENIC one...remember that one?

clefty

Jesus showed Himself after death. When the disciples were walking down the road. When they were fishing. Jesus never mentioned the Sabbath.

John 20:25-28
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"
27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
(NKJ)

John 21:1-17

1 After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed Himself:
2 Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.
3 Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.
4 But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
5 Then Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any food?" They answered Him, "No."
6 And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.
8 But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish.
9 Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread.
10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have just caught."
11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken.
12 Jesus said to them, "Come and eat breakfast." Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are You?"-- knowing that it was the Lord.
13 Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.
14 This is now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead.
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed My lambs."
16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep.
(NKJ)

EXACTLY if all was changed and it this HEAVEY BURDEN AND YOKE was released you would think this would be a good time to mention it right?

INSTEAD NOTHING...your whole argument is from silence...and bad interpretations and twisted applications if at all...

NOTHING ABOUT SABBATH...because NOTHING CHANGED ABOUT THE SABBATH...imagine that

If there was a change it would have to be clear and specific...God is not an author of confusion...man on the other hand is useful to the accuser that wants nothing more than to counterfeit and deceive people away from HIM HIS WAY...

False teachings were coming from wolves in sheep's clothing and stole the believers like you to "do what thou wilt"...creating Sacred Tradition which I call peer pressure...

Tnkrbl123!

Jesus said Himself that He did not come to abolish the law, but He came to fulfill the law.
Matthew 5:17-20 says,
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

But it does not stop there Jesus goes on to tell us what is at the HEART of the law. The law is there to show us how sinful we are but there’s more to the law and that is the ULTIMATE law of LOVE. We are to love like God Loves and we are to forgive just as we have been forgiven, and show mercy just as we have been shown mercy, and give everything for another because another has given His everything for us, the ultimate sacrifice.

He goes on not to loosen the law but to actually tighten the law to get at the real heart of what it telling us how we should live our lives in a way that is pure and pleasing to God.
Matthew 5:21-48 (the rest of chapter 5) explains this. Not only are we to keep the command not to murder but in fact even if we are angry at another or call another “you fool” we are liable to the judgement. If you are going to make an offering to the Lord but you remember you have something against your brother or sister, you must first go reconcile (love and forgiveness) and then after you have shown love you are to go and give your offering to the Lord. Another law concerns adultery the law tells us not to commit adultery but Jesus tells us that if we even look at a man/woman with lust we are guilty of adultery. We are commanded to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us in order to be worthy of our Lord.
It all comes back to the ultimate Law and that is LOVE.

JESUS GAVE A NEW LAW - Matthew 22:34-40
“The Pharisees got together, one of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the FIRST and GREATEST COMMANDMENT. And the second is like it: ‘LOVE your neighbor as yourself. ALL THE LAW and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus in fact loved and cherished and practiced the law. It is His law and His Father's law and it is given to us so we can live our best life in the way we were intended and in a way pleasing to God and so we should cherish it also. But we are not bound to it because Love is above all else and Jesus is Love and has come to fulfill this by showing love in the ultimate way. Jesus came to fulfill the law and explains the entire law: Love the Lord your God with all your mind, heart and soul. And love your neighbor as yourself.” This commandment from Jesus is so essential and foundational that it is repeated in Mark and Luke in almost the exact same wording
Luke 10:25-28 “On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
Mark 12:28-33 “One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?” Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” —this is much more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

And when Jesus comes to gather up all of His creation and reconcile it all to Himself again then the law will pass away and all that will be left when He comes for us once and for all is Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest of these is Love.
1 Corinthians 13:8-13
"Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love”

marhig

Jesus said Himself that He did not come to abolish the law, but He came to fulfill the law.
Matthew 5:17-20 says,
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished. Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

But it does not stop there Jesus goes on to tell us what is at the HEART of the law. The law is there to show us how sinful we are but there’s more to the law and that is the ULTIMATE law of LOVE. We are to love like God Loves and we are to forgive just as we have been forgiven, and show mercy just as we have been shown mercy, and give everything for another because another has given His everything for us, the ultimate sacrifice.

He goes on not to loosen the law but to actually tighten the law to get at the real heart of what it telling us how we should live our lives in a way that is pure and pleasing to God.
Matthew 5:21-48 (the rest of chapter 5) explains this. Not only are we to keep the command not to murder but in fact even if we are angry at another or call another “you fool” we are liable to the judgement. If you are going to make an offering to the Lord but you remember you have something against your brother or sister, you must first go reconcile (love and forgiveness) and then after you have shown love you are to go and give your offering to the Lord. Another law concerns adultery the law tells us not to commit adultery but Jesus tells us that if we even look at a man/woman with lust we are guilty of adultery. We are commanded to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us in order to be worthy of our Lord.
It all comes back to the ultimate Law and that is LOVE.

JESUS GAVE A NEW LAW - Matthew 22:34-40
“The Pharisees got together, one of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the FIRST and GREATEST COMMANDMENT. And the second is like it: ‘LOVE your neighbor as yourself. ALL THE LAW and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus in fact loved and cherished and practiced the law. It is His law and His Father's law and it is given to us so we can live our best life in the way we were intended and in a way pleasing to God and so we should cherish it also. But we are not bound to it because Love is above all else and Jesus is Love and has come to fulfill this by showing love in the ultimate way. Jesus came to fulfill the law and explains the entire law: Love the Lord your God with all your mind, heart and soul. And love your neighbor as yourself.” This commandment from Jesus is so essential and foundational that it is repeated in Mark and Luke in almost the exact same wording
Luke 10:25-28 “On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
Mark 12:28-33 “One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?” Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” —this is much more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

And when Jesus comes to gather up all of His creation and reconcile it all to Himself again then the law will pass away and all that will be left when He comes for us once and for all is Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest of these is Love.
1 Corinthians 13:8-13
"Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love”

Yes those in Christ obey God, people seem to think that Christ Jesus has done it all he's done all the obedience for us and we don't have to do anything, we can just carry on living a life of flesh. This is a false teaching, we are to obey God and do his will.

Christ Jesus said, who is my brother, my sister and my mother, but those who do the will of my father.

And we should be obeying the laws of God, because they should be written within our hearts and within our minds, and in doing so we follow Jesus.

Paul said do we make void the law because of faith? God forbid, No, we establish the law!

Gods true people who follow Christ establish the law because we live by the spirit, and the holy spirit will be circumcising our hearts and teaching and guiding us within our hearts and minds every day to do whats right before God. And if we obey him, and love our God with all our hearts mind soul and strength, and our neighbour as ourselves then we will establish the law, because Jesus said upon these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. We won't wilfully transgress against God if we love him with our all, and we won't transgress against others if we love them as ourselves!

Tnkrbl123!

Yes those in Christ obey God, people seem to think that Christ Jesus has done it all he's done all the obedience for us and we don't have to do anything, we can just carry on living a life of flesh. This is a false teaching, we are to obey God and do his will.

Christ Jesus said, who is my brother, my sister and my mother, but those who do the will of my father.

And we should be obeying the laws of God, because they should be written within our hearts and within our minds, and in doing so we follow Jesus.

Paul said do we make void the law because of faith? God forbid, No, we establish the law!

Gods true people who follow Christ establish the law because we live by the spirit, and the holy spirit will be circumcising our hearts and teaching and guiding us within our hearts and minds every day to do whats right before God. And if we obey him, and love our God with all our hearts mind soul and strength, and our neighbour as ourselves then we will establish the law, because Jesus said upon these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. We won't wilfully transgress against God if we love him with our all, and we won't transgress against others if we love them as ourselves!

I am really tired and hopping in bed right now but so please correct me if I am wrong because I might be reading your post through tired eyes. but I think that you are agreeing with foundations about what I wrote previously. It is nice to have other Christians on this site who actually agree with eachother sometimes lol.
And I also agree with what you have said it's another way to say it without writing an entire novel like I did. It seems you can communicate your thoughts a lot more concise than myself :)
u wrote this in respond lose to the last 23-4 pages of some people arguing back and forth and I thought I could help bring my understanding in to help bring it all together.
but I also just posted my previous mini novel (lol) as a brand new thread called "Just some thoughts on Love and the Law" about an hour ago so if you want to write your response again on there to be the first one to respond. (it is my first thread posting on this site)
Bless you

Tnkrbl123!

also do you mind sending me the chapter and verse of the scripture quotes so I can add them to the list of scripture for different topics please :)

marhig

I am really tired and hopping in bed right now but so please correct me if I am wrong because I might be reading your post through tired eyes. but I think that you are agreeing with foundations about what I wrote previously. It is nice to have other Christians on this site who actually agree with eachother sometimes lol.
And I also agree with what you have said it's another way to say it without writing an entire novel like I did. It seems you can communicate your thoughts a lot more concise than myself :)
u wrote this in respond lose to the last 23-4 pages of some people arguing back and forth and I thought I could help bring my understanding in to help bring it all together.
but I also just posted my previous mini novel (lol) as a brand new thread called "Just some thoughts on Love and the Law" about an hour ago so if you want to write your response again on there to be the first one to respond. (it is my first thread posting on this site)
Bless you

Yes I do agree with you, God doesn't change we establish the law not reject it. I've had one person on another thread tell me that we should transgress the ten commandments once we are walking in the Spirit. I couldn't believe it! Anyway that became a bit of a heated debate, how on earth do we transgress the commandments of God, especially the first 3, what an unbelievable thing to say!

So yes I agree regarding the laws, and I'll have a look at your other thread later :)

God bless

marhig

also do you mind sending me the chapter and verse of the scripture quotes so I can add them to the list of scripture for different topics please :)
Yes no problem :)

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 22: 38-40
This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
EXACTLY if all was changed and it this HEAVEY BURDEN AND YOKE was released you would think this would be a good time to mention it right?

INSTEAD NOTHING...your whole argument is from silence...and bad interpretations and twisted applications if at all...

NOTHING ABOUT SABBATH...because NOTHING CHANGED ABOUT THE SABBATH...imagine that

If there was a change it would have to be clear and specific...God is not an author of confusion...man on the other hand is useful to the accuser that wants nothing more than to counterfeit and deceive people away from HIM HIS WAY...

False teachings were coming from wolves in sheep's clothing and stole the believers like you to "do what thou wilt"...creating Sacred Tradition which I call peer pressure...

I said
lolol Nothing was mentioned because it wasn't that important. So why talk about something that isn't important. No sense in it. Jesus was bringing a whole new covenant=testament. Based on new laws new commandments, new covenant. He has already annulled the old testament.

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Jesus had already said that nothing before Him was important, so now lets start out new with a new testament, new covenant, new law, new commandments.

Heb 10:9-10
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-18
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)