Sabbath

clefty

"JESUS GAVE A NEW LAW - Matthew 22:34-40
“The Pharisees got together, one of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the FIRST and GREATEST COMMANDMENT. And the second is like it: ‘LOVE your neighbor as yourself. ALL THE LAW and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

That heading is misleading. These two laws were already in the OT.

When I hear Chriatians say "Love" I remind them that even pagans and heathens love each other...we are to love AS HE LOVED US...that love does not include offering Sunday Ham for lunch...

clefty

I said
lolol Nothing was mentioned because it wasn't that important. So why talk about something that isn't important. No sense in it. Jesus was bringing a whole new covenant=testament. Based on new laws new commandments, new covenant. He has already annulled the old testament.

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

Jesus had already said that nothing before Him was important, so now lets start out new with a new testament, new covenant, new law, new commandments.

Heb 10:9-10
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

Not important? LOL The CHANGE of it was not important...that is a THUNDEROUS SILENCE...Sabbath keeping remained important...so important the Gentiles understood its keeping and it was not even on the "what must we do" list of the Jerusalem council...they ALREADY WERE KEEPING IT NO PROBLEMS...

Paul nor any of the apostles/believers were in trouble for preaching ONE RESURRECTED they were NOT in trouble for instituting another Day or way of worship...imagine the outcry if they taught against the "custom of Moses".

Rome persecuted the early church as a JEWISH SECT...why? It was SABBATH KEEPING

It was not destroyed...Think NOT Squeaky...jots and tittles remain...as not ALL has been fulfilled ok?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"JESUS GAVE A NEW LAW - Matthew 22:34-40
“The Pharisees got together, one of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the FIRST and GREATEST COMMANDMENT. And the second is like it: ‘LOVE your neighbor as yourself. ALL THE LAW and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

That heading is misleading. These two laws were already in the OT.

When I hear Chriatians say "Love" I remind them that even pagans and heathens love each other...we are to love AS HE LOVED US...that love does not include offering Sunday Ham for lunch...

I said
Your problem is you cant define love. If you cant define it you cant do it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not important? LOL The CHANGE of it was not important...that is a THUNDEROUS SILENCE...Sabbath keeping remained important...so important the Gentiles understood its keeping and it was not even on the "what must we do" list of the Jerusalem council...they ALREADY WERE KEEPING IT NO PROBLEMS...

Paul nor any of the apostles/believers were in trouble for preaching ONE RESURRECTED they were NOT in trouble for instituting another Day or way of worship...imagine the outcry if they taught against the "custom of Moses".

Rome persecuted the early church as a JEWISH SECT...why? It was SABBATH KEEPING

It was not destroyed...Think NOT Squeaky...jots and tittles remain...as not ALL has been fulfilled ok?

I said
lolol They didn't bring it up because it wasn't important anymore. Keep it, don't keep it. It was up to each one of them to decide for themselves.
Your just really struggling to ADD your own opinion to the mix. You cant let it go because of an emotion driving you. Like most muslims.
The real Jews don't accept the new testament. Real Christians don't accept the old testament. Muslims are confused about all of it and they try to mix them together with bits and pieces from both. Never getting one or the other right. That is why muslims are never mentioned in scripture as anything more than unbelievers. Whether you know it or not your a muslim.

clefty

I said
lolol They didn't bring it up because it wasn't important anymore. Keep it, don't keep it. It was up to each one of them to decide for themselves.
Your just really struggling to ADD your own opinion to the mix. You cant let it go because of an emotion driving you. Like most muslims.
The real Jews don't accept the new testament. Real Christians don't accept the old testament. Muslims are confused about all of it and they try to mix them together with bits and pieces from both. Never getting one or the other right. That is why muslims are never mentioned in scripture as anything more than unbelievers. Whether you know it or not your a muslim.

LoL...Which other commandment is keep or don't keep with you?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LoL...Which other commandment is keep or don't keep with you?

I said
If it is written in the new testament I keep it. Jesus is the beginning and the end of the new testament.

Rev 3:14
14 "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
(NKJ)

Rev 21:6
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:13
13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
If it is written in the new testament I keep it. Jesus is the beginning and the end of the new testament.

Rev 3:14
14 "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
(NKJ)

Rev 21:6
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:13
13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
(NKJ)

Ok so how about:

"The Sabbath was made for man"...you a man squeaky?

"Pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath" you praying that squeaky?

"It is lawful to do good works on the Sabbath" you doing that squeaky?

"Do my Father's will" what's that squeaky?

"On earth as it is in heaven" ain't your way any way you choose

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ok so how about:

"The Sabbath was made for man"...you a man squeaky?

"Pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath" you praying that squeaky?

"It is lawful to do good works on the Sabbath" you doing that squeaky?

"Do my Father's will" what's that squeaky?

"On earth as it is in heaven" ain't your way any way you choose

I said
The Sabbath was made for man. And I think everyone who is in the milk understanding should keep the Sabbath. I keep it myself some times. Just not all the time.

Around Christmas I was having chest pains for about 2 weeks. And they got so bad on Christmas day that I called my son to say goodbuy. But Christmas was on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit gave me that verse. So I prayed it, and look I'm still here.

I try to do good every day of the week encluding the Sabbath.

The will and work of the Father is to believe in Him whom He sent. I have been doing that for over 40 years.

Gods Way is my way.

clefty

I said
The Sabbath was made for man. And I think everyone who is in the milk understanding should keep the Sabbath. I keep it myself some times. Just not all the time.

Around Christmas I was having chest pains for about 2 weeks. And they got so bad on Christmas day that I called my son to say goodbuy. But Christmas was on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit gave me that verse. So I prayed it, and look I'm still here.

I try to do good every day of the week encluding the Sabbath.

The will and work of the Father is to believe in Him whom He sent. I have been doing that for over 40 years.

Gods Way is my way.

Gods way is work six days rest the seventh...

You admit keeping it SOMETIMES...oh my friend my brother IN HIM...imagine if He took on His mission and the Will of His Father with that same attitude..."I will do His will sometimes...let Myself be killed SOME DAY"

He even gave you another reason to celebrate life...your health...another reason to celebrate your creation, freedom from sin and now you are on borrowed time HIS TIME the TIME HE GAVE YOU LIFE...AND AGAIN

Sabbath continues to heal if you let it...

some gratitude spreading to other days what is meant for the HIS Sabbath it being set apart and made Holy...BY HIM

If you believe you will want obey...and try more than sometimes...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Gods way is work six days rest the seventh...

You admit keeping it SOMETIMES...oh my friend my brother IN HIM...imagine if He took on His mission and the Will of His Father with that same attitude..."I will do His will sometimes...let Myself be killed SOME DAY"

He even gave you another reason to celebrate life...your health...another reason to celebrate your creation, freedom from sin and now you are on borrowed time HIS TIME the TIME HE GAVE YOU LIFE...AND AGAIN

Sabbath continues to heal if you let it...

some gratitude spreading to other days what is meant for the HIS Sabbath it being set apart and made Holy...BY HIM

If you believe you will want obey...and try more than sometimes...

I said
lol As long as your in the milk understanding you should keep the Sabbath. Your problem is your trying to judge everyone according to where your at in your walk. That is why you judge everyone else carnally. You cant make it to the meat understanding as long as you rely on your own human understanding.
1 Cor 3:2
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
(KJV)

Heb 5:12-6:2
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

CHAPTER 6

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(KJV)

clefty

I said
lol As long as your in the milk understanding you should keep the Sabbath. Your problem is your trying to judge everyone according to where your at in your walk. That is why you judge everyone else carnally. You cant make it to the meat understanding as long as you rely on your own human understanding.
1 Cor 3:2
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
(KJV)

Heb 5:12-6:2
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

CHAPTER 6

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(KJV)

Yes yes, Squeaky I understand...those in your meat understanding are able to decide which of Yah's commandments they are to wish to try and keep and when...

Good for you...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes yes, Squeaky I understand...those in your meat understanding are able to decide which of Yah's commandments they are to wish to try and keep and when...

Good for you...

I said
lol The problem is your a disciple in the milk with a little arrogance. And your trying to correct an apostle in the meat. You never have humbled yourself to God and His Word. Until you do that you will stay right where your at in your walk.

clefty

I said
lol The problem is your a disciple in the milk with a little arrogance. And your trying to correct an apostle in the meat. You never have humbled yourself to God and His Word. Until you do that you will stay right where your at in your walk.

And you are an apostle who claims even he keeps it sometimes...lol

You even give testimony of the Spirit giving you the text "Sabbath is made for man" which spared your life...but apparently the text should read "The Sabbath was made for man under stroke attack but surviving that keeping it sometimes and whenever he chooses is ok too"

The Spirit tried...and you are on gifted time...even more so than all of us...but your gratitude remains less than 10

rstrats

Squeaky,
re: " But Christmas was on the Sabbath..."

Actually it was on the 1st day of the week and not on the Sabbath.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And you are an apostle who claims even he keeps it sometimes...lol

You even give testimony of the Spirit giving you the text "Sabbath is made for man" which spared your life...but apparently the text should read "The Sabbath was made for man under stroke attack but surviving that keeping it sometimes and whenever he chooses is ok too"

The Spirit tried...and you are on gifted time...even more so than all of us...but your gratitude remains less than 10

I said
You know nothing of my gratitude. I couldn't come to the revelations of Jesus Christ until I was humble enough and obedient enough. Ofcourse that might be the reason you haven't made it that far yet.

clefty

clefty

clefty,
re: "...He was born on the first day of the week?"

I don't know - scripture doesn't say.

Scripture doesn't say what day He was born it's true...but you said Christmas was on the 1st day of the week...

but it is pretty clear when the Sabbath is...

After six days of work...the seventh day