Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky,
re: "Which day do you think is the Sabbath."

It's the 7th day of the week.

I said
I never take a stand on it one way or the other. Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. And some things in the new testament are stumbling blocks to Christians. And we don't have to be a part of the arguing. When it says "let no one judge you" its saying don't get in the argument.

Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
(NKJ)

I said
The proof is in this thread. clefty has went off the deep end trying to justify keeping the Sabbath with me. He cant do it but he is driven by an emotion that he has no control over. Scripture is very specific about living peaceably with others. And not to strive about words to no profit. But as you have noticed he puts all that a side to follow his emotions. He is a perfect example of how even religious people can get obsessed with something. Its a sin but it happens. I have warned him but it does absolutely no good.

2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I never take a stand on it one way or the other. Jesus became a stumbling block to the Jews. And some things in the new testament are stumbling blocks to Christians. And we don't have to be a part of the arguing. When it says "let no one judge you" its saying don't get in the argument.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
(NKJ)

Yes let not just any one judge or determine or have you do...but the body of Christ...

16 Therefore let NO MAN JUDGE YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST.

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes let not just any one judge or determine or have you do...but the body of Christ...

16 Therefore let NO MAN JUDGE YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST.

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

I said
The proof is in this thread. clefty has went off the deep end trying to justify keeping the Sabbath with me. He cant do it but he is driven by an emotion that he has no control over. Scripture is very specific about living peaceably with others. And not to strive about words to no profit. But as you have noticed he puts all that a side to follow his emotions. He is a perfect example of how even religious people can get obsessed with something. Its a sin but it happens. I have warned him but it does absolutely no good.

14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said

(NKJ)

I said

(NKJ)

Words to no profit?

You admitted yourself you keep Sabbaths...sometimes...gave a powerful testimony as to why...Spirit spared your life on one...(that alone would cause me to REMEMBER)

How is that to no profit? Now I know you know...ya know?

We all do...some of us just choose different...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Words to no profit?

You admitted yourself you keep Sabbaths...sometimes...gave a powerful testimony as to why...Spirit spared your life on one...(that alone would cause me to REMEMBER)

We all do...some of us just choose different...

I said
That is a lie. I don't think you can stick to the facts. I never gave no powerful testimony on why I keep the Sabbath some times. The only reason that I would keep the Sabbath is because someone asked me to check out their preacher to see if he is sticking to the scriptures. You use all these gross exaggerations.

clefty

I said
That is a lie. I don't think you can stick to the facts. I never gave no powerful testimony on why I keep the Sabbath some times. The only reason that I would keep the Sabbath is because someone asked me to check out their preacher to see if he is sticking to the scriptures. You use all these gross exaggerations.

Here's what you said:

"I said
The Sabbath was made for man. And I think everyone who is in the milk understanding should keep the Sabbath. I keep it myself some times. Just not all the time.

Around Christmas I was having chest pains for about 2 weeks. And they got so bad on Christmas day that I called my son to say goodbuy. But Christmas was on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit gave me that verse. So I prayed it, and look I'm still here.

I try to do good every day of the week encluding the Sabbath.

The will and work of the Father is to believe in Him whom He sent. I have been doing that for over 40 years."

I think that is powerful testimony.

If you don't think so that is your choice. Just like it is your choice to reject what was made for you...Sabbath.

Now you just have to show where the Spirit rejects the Sabbath as you do...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Here's what you said:

"I said
The Sabbath was made for man. And I think everyone who is in the milk understanding should keep the Sabbath. I keep it myself some times. Just not all the time.

Around Christmas I was having chest pains for about 2 weeks. And they got so bad on Christmas day that I called my son to say goodbuy. But Christmas was on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit gave me that verse. So I prayed it, and look I'm still here.

I try to do good every day of the week encluding the Sabbath.

The will and work of the Father is to believe in Him whom He sent. I have been doing that for over 40 years."

I think that is powerful testimony.

If you don't think so that is your choice. Just like it is your choice to reject what was made for you...Sabbath.

Now you just have to show where the Spirit rejects the Sabbath as you do...

I said
Two different posts unrelated. You tried to mix them together. As you do so much of your stories. When I had the chest pains, it was at home I wasn't in church on the Sabbath. I didn't keep the Sabbath because God saved my life. All gross exaggerations.
It doesn't say the work of the Father is to keep the Sabbath. It says the work of God is to believe in Jesus.
There you go again I never said I reject the Sabbath, you quoted yourself that I keep the Sabbath some times. Some times means I don't reject it. And I never have.

clefty

I said
Two different posts unrelated. You tried to mix them together. As you do so much of your stories. When I had the chest pains, it was at home I wasn't in church on the Sabbath. I didn't keep the Sabbath because God saved my life. All gross exaggerations.
It doesn't say the work of the Father is to keep the Sabbath. It says the work of God is to believe in Jesus.
There you go again I never said I reject the Sabbath, you quoted yourself that I keep the Sabbath some times. Some times means I don't reject it. And I never have.

So your

I said

Before every post doesn't help you?

Because there was only one "I said" in that post indicating it wasn't two posts but actually just one post you posted "I said"

I never said you were at church you offered that later to clarify you are some inspector of pastors to make sure they are sticking to scripture...hope your rates are affordable...

Nor did I ever say you kept the Sabbath because God saved your life...you don't seem to be the grateful type, submissive to His will obedient...you are "SQUEAKY! maker of his own laws and special days translator of scripture his own secret tongue ways!" (Insert trumpet sound and theme music here)

I did think you had reason to having your life spared...but you rejected good reasons to keep the commandments even prior your heartburn...

It doesn't say the work of the Father is to keep the Sabbath...it says we are to do the Will of the Father which is to keep the commandments...you reject one and thereby a few

The work of God is to believe in Jesus...which said to do the Will of My Father which is to keep the commandments...you reject one and again thus a few...

I was quoting you when I said you kept it sometimes...but now you say you don't...

Your god is a god of confusion...

Ok glad we are getting things clear...

You don't keep all the commandments...just some times...to check if pastors are sticking to scripture...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Words to no profit?

So your

I said

Because there was only one "I said" in that post indicating it wasn't two posts but actually just one post you posted "I said"

I never said you were at church you offered that later to clarify you are some inspector of pastors to make sure they are sticking to scripture...hope your rates are affordable...

Nor did I ever say you kept the Sabbath because God saved your life...

I said
Look again at your other post.

clefty

Words to no profit?

So your

I said

Nor did I ever say you kept the Sabbath because God saved your life...

I said
Look again at your other post.

Nothing there about going to church...and I said sometimes didn't say you go to church all the time or kept the Sabbath all the time because He saved your life...

I would and do because He did save my life...and gave me life...

Tnkrbl123!

I said
lol The problem is your a disciple in the milk with a little arrogance. And your trying to correct an apostle in the meat. You never have humbled yourself to God and His Word. Until you do that you will stay right where your at in your walk.

You meant to say Disciple, not Apostle, right?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Words to no profit?

Nothing there about going to church...and I said sometimes didn't say you go to church all the time or kept the Sabbath all the time because He saved your life...

I would and do because He did save my life...and gave me life...

I said
Gross exaggerations. You said, ...gave a powerful testimony as to why...Spirit spared your life on one.

I never gave any why. Gross exaggeration.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
clefty your using guile to manipulate peoples statements into sounding the way you want them to instead of the way they are. That is guile, a sin.
You are trying to give credit to the Sabbath day instead of where the credit belongs-to Jesus. You imply things that are not there. A true Christian sticks to the facts, we don't need to use guile. Or trickery.
Your gross exaggerations doesn't help the Sabbath they only hurt you. And any chance you might have of ever going to heaven. Your obsession with the Sabbath has you lying, manipulating, and tricking people into thinking your way. Sinful.

1 Pet 2:1-5

1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

clefty

clefty your using guile to manipulate peoples statements into sounding the way you want them to instead of the way they are. That is guile, a sin.
You are trying to give credit to the Sabbath day instead of where the credit belongs-to Jesus. You imply things that are not there. A true Christian sticks to the facts, we don't need to use guile. Or trickery.
Your gross exaggerations doesn't help the Sabbath they only hurt you. And any chance you might have of ever going to heaven. Your obsession with the Sabbath has you lying, manipulating, and tricking people into thinking your way. Sinful.

1 Pet 2:1-5

1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

Wow...still doesn't cover the fact that you admit keeping Sabbath...sometimes...

and that the Spirit gave you a text you ignore when not in distress but you are still here because the Spirit spared you on a Sabbath by reminding you "Sabbath was made for you Squeaky"

and yes the Sabbath heals...its rest relaxes, refreshes, lessens stress, allows bonding with friends and family, worship of Him and communion with His Spirit the One that reminded you of the text "Sabbath was made for man" glad you were man enough to accept it that one time under medical emergency...and also sometimes too to make sure other pastors are "true to scripture" LOL...

Imagine if you would embrace the Sabbath all the time and receive its rest and anti anxiety and add to that the diet of Creation...you know, less meat etc...I mean if it was chronic heartburn acute episode...less meat might be exactly what you need...the irony

Who knows maybe the stress of Christmas contributed too...so maybe if that wasn't observed that would also have been less anxiety...

Well anyways...glad too you are still here weakly trying to slander me and squeak out some defense for not doing AS HE DID...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Wow...still doesn't cover the fact that you admit keeping Sabbath sometimes...and that the Spirit gave you a text and you are still here and yes the Sabbath heals...its rest relaxes, lessens stress, allows bonding with friends and family, worship of Him and communion with His Spirit the One that reminded you of the text "Sabbath was made for man" glad you were man enough to remember it sometimes...glad too you are still here weakly trying to slander me and squeak out some defense for not doing AS HE DID...

I said
ROFLOL The last time I kept the Sabbath was 10 years ago. The Lord saved me from death 2 months ago. You don't listen, you just twist everything around to fit your warped imagination. Your full of guile, and trickery, and manipulation, and deceit, and lies.