Public Discourse on Monica Lewinsky: Adultery worse problem than cyberbullying

GFR7

No, and what difference would it make, were you there, its not like bill wasn't caught on camera lying or anything, so why should anyone believe she came on to him, how do you know it wasnt the other way around?

Lets say thats what happened though, does it mean he couldnt say no?
I believe it's what happened, from the sources I read (and from Lewinsky herself).

Yes, he ought to have said, "Get lost." How noble and manly that would have been, and how humiliating to her silly plan.

But her story is junk, and she should have faded into obscurity ages ago.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ummm, lemme think here.....:dizzy::doh:

I guess my point is this: :think:

While it is true indeed that "it takes two to tango", it is just as true, as in the case of Governor McGreevey and Bill Clinton, that often it is only ONE who suggests, "Let's tango." And that one should be reported.

WRONG. They should only be reported if the other doesn't tango ...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I believe it's what happened, from the sources I read (and from Lewinsky herself).

Yes, he ought to have said, "Get lost." How noble and manly that would have been, and how humiliating to her silly plan.

But her story is junk, and she should have faded into obscurity ages ago.

So where is your animosity for that married adulterer?

GFR7

WRONG. They should only be reported if the other doesn't tango ...
That would be rape or molestation, which is already reported.

But these seductive suggesters ought to be horse-whipped in public.

And yes, I include this MALE seducer of Governor McGreevey:

jim_mcgreevey-300x450.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That would be rape or molestation, which is already reported.

Where on earth does rape or molestation come into play?

Seriously, I was speaking of verbal suggestion, looks, etc. There is no crime in FLIRTING, asking someone for a date or even asking them if they would like to take a relationship further.

But these seductive suggesters ought to be horse-whipped in public.

Who just happens to be a woman ... because a guy is too vulnerable to tell her to take a hike. Got it. :doh:

And yes, I include this MALE seducer of Governor McGreevey:

jim_mcgreevey-300x450.jpg

Who just happens to be gay ...

So thus far we know you wish to make special rules that allow for punishing women and punishing gay men IF a married man is soooo vulnerable he consents to having sex with them.

That about cover it?

GFR7

Where on earth does rape or molestation come into play?

Seriously, I was speaking of verbal suggestion, looks, etc. There is no crime in FLIRTING, asking someone for a date or even asking them if they would like to take a relationship further.

Who just happens to be a woman ... because a guy is too vulnerable to tell her to take a hike. Got it. :doh:

Who just happens to be gay ...

So thus far we know you wish to make special rules that allow for punishing women and punishing gay men IF a married man is soooo vulnerable he consents to having sex with them.

That about cover it?
Yes. It does.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've said this all along........You and I used to agree on so many matters.......
including gay and sexual ones.
How things have changed :nono:

Not a thing has changed about me. I do believe we have butted heads on the little bit of misogyny thing you have going before. It hasn't come up in a while though and youve been posting mostly on gay stuff, but then i havent been here a lot for a little while now till recently.

GFR7

Not a thing has changed about me. I do believe we have butted heads on the little bit of misogyny thing you have going before. It hasnt come up in a while though.
:think: Well, I like good men and good women, and dislike lower men and lower women. What's misogynist about that?

I am no fan of Clinton, just annoyed at Lewinksy portraying herself as a young, innocent victim. She wasn't.

If he had seduced her with promises of love, I'd feel very sorry for her. But I recall reading her diaries (excerpts reprinted by New York Magazine): The fun of looking for men to give oral sex to, especially men in positions of authority; the various guys she "got laid" by. Just really NOT appealing. I don't like looseness in men, either.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:think: Well, I like good men and good women, and dislike lower men and lower women. What's misogynist about that?

I am no fan of Clinton, just annoyed at Lewinksy portraying herself as a young, innocent victim. She wasn't.

If he had seduced her with promises of love, I'd feel very sorry for her. But I recall reading her diaries (excerpts reprinted by New York Magazine): The fun of looking for men to give oral sex to, especially men in positions of authority; the various guys she "got laid" by. Just really NOT appealing. I don't like looseness in men, either.

The Monica Lewinsky diaries were satire, not real diary excerpts by her. Did you believe that was real news?

GFR7

The Monica Lewinsky diaries were satire, not real diary excerpts by her. Did you believe that was real news?
Yes, back in 1998, what I read was portrayed as real news, and in fact was real news.

Any satire must have come later. I know the difference, and journalists will tell if something is satire.