Public Discourse on Monica Lewinsky: Adultery worse problem than cyberbullying

zoo22

Yes, back in 1998, what I read was portrayed as real news, and in fact was real news.

Any satire must have come later. I know the difference, and journalists will tell if something is satire.

It's not a fake story.
Disney has taken the concept from Miles' gay book, "Two Princes and a Treasure".
How could there be "gay kids"? How would they know they were gay?

Yes, it's a fake story. I hope you find a way to get a grip.

zoo22

No that doesn't prove anything. Pointing out a mistake I made online is not like reading the NY Times and NY mag in 1998: I didn't even go online at that time.

Pointing out your mistaking satire for reality after you'd commented that you know the difference is relevant.

But by all means, please post the real Monica Lewinsky diary that you read in the NY Times and NY Mag.

GFR7

Pointing out your mistaking satire for reality after you'd commented that you know the difference is relevant.

But by all means, please post the real Monica Lewinsky diary that you read in the NY Times and NY Mag.
I no longer have materials from 18 years ago; I know what I read, and have no doubt as to its validity. (the sources speak for themselves)

zoo22

I no longer have materials from 18 years ago; I know what I read, and have no doubt as to its validity. (the sources speak for themselves)

The NY Times has searchable archives going back to 1851. Over 13,000,000 articles. I assure you, excerpts from Monica Lewinsky's diaries wouldn't simply disappear.

GFR7

The NY Times has searchable archives going back to 1851. Over 13,000,000 articles. I assure you, excerpts from Monica Lewinsky's diaries wouldn't simply disappear.
OK, so I have to go into archives of both the NY Times and NY magazine, (and perhaps pay to do so) for what?

To prove to others what I already know, and that they were too lazy (or too young ) to recall?

My OP dealt with Public Discourse's piece on her. This other is a degeneration of the original debate.

ADDENDUM: I am now on page 5 of NY Times 1998 articles on Lewinsky. I have NO time to read the hundreds which I am trying to skim through, and for what? :madmad:

GFR7

Ugh, distasteful memories coming back.

How PETTY and sordid this whole ordeal was! :vomit:

In America; Suspension of Belief
By BOB HERBERT
Published: January 25, 1998

Let's see. Monica Lewinsky wasn't a particularly talented intern. And she was perceived as a nuisance at the White House, lurking in this room and that, hanging out, always hoping to spend a moment or two in the presence of the President. She was a kid, and not a particularly bright one.

Now we learn that the President's main man, Vernon Jordan, was dispatched to find this undistinguished person a job. He lined up interviews for her at American Express, Young & Rubicam and Revlon. And when it became clear that Ms. Lewinsky needed a lawyer, Mr. Jordan knew just the guy. We're also told that the President exchanged gifts with Ms. Lewinsky and left personal messages on her phone machine.

GFR7

And while we're on the subject of pushy seducers, this video of Madonna says it all.

I thought unwanted sexual advances are a crime? :think:
Oh, only when MEN do it!

Madonna's latest headline-grabbing stunt - kissing Drake on stage at Coachella - did not go to plan.
Video of the encounter soon went viral, but it was Drake's reaction - coming up for air and looking as if he was about to be sick - that caught everyone's attention.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ses-Drake-at-Coachella-and-hes-not-happy.html

11146235_877351705662537_8384477173664484136_n.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because kissing is the same as rape ... right ... but only when it's a woman doing it.

You do realize it's entirely possible to smack the the stupid off of someone's face should someone plant an unwanted kiss on them, right? UNLESS it would go further (as in actual sexual groping), not everyone would need to cry or call the police.

No ... actually does mean. No. Monica should have said no. Bill should have said no. Hillary should have said "I will see you in divorce court".

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
OK, so I have to go into archives of both the NY Times and NY magazine, (and perhaps pay to do so) for what?

To prove to others what I already know, and that they were too lazy (or too young ) to recall?

My OP dealt with Public Discourse's piece on her. This other is a degeneration of the original debate.

ADDENDUM: I am now on page 5 of NY Times 1998 articles on Lewinsky. I have NO time to read the hundreds which I am trying to skim through, and for what? :madmad:

Maybe to prove you made a stupid mistake. This isn't the first time I've seen you fall for satire.

zoo22

Well, maybe you could learn something about yourself and things you "know."

Let me take a wild guess at where this stands: You haven't managed to track down the Monica Lewinski diaries you "know" you read.

GFR7

Maybe to prove you made a stupid mistake. This isn't the first time I've seen you fall for satire.
No, these were excerpts I read in the NYTimes 18 years ago, but there are far, far too many articles to wade through......I need no convincing about what I've read and understood.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, these were excerpts I read in the NYTimes 18 years ago, but there are far, far too many articles to wade through......I need no convincing about what I've read and understood.

I'm not aware of any evidence she kept a diary that's ever been publicly disclosed. Looks like you were suckered.

GFR7

I'm not aware of any evidence she kept a diary that's ever been publicly disclosed. Looks like you were suckered.
I think it was emails......and statements from Stephanolpulus aides....my opinion of her is firm. I've no doubts.