Poster/Poser God'sUNTruth admission that the truth is not in her

God's Truth

Sure, I read it and understood it.
Daniel was clearly making the point that your definition of "repent" meaning "stop sinning" cannot possibly be the correct definition of the word "repent".
Daniel goes on to drive the point home that if your erroneous definition of the word "repent" does mean "stop sinning", then by your own definition God's repenting meant God stopped sinning.

By Daniel clearly pointing out that fact shows clearly that your made up definition of the word "repent" is completely false.

In other words, once again, the word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning".
Until you concede this clear point, you are are still in blindness.

Wow. WE have to repent of our sins; God does not.

We have to change our minds about sins; God does not.

Where does repent mean to change our minds about God?!!! LoL

Did God repent and change His mind about Himself? LoL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I say the scriptures say we have to repent of our sins.

People here are going against me for saying we have to repent of sins!

They say God did not repent of sins.

They say we have to repent of unbelief.

So then, does that mean God repented of unbelief? NO! Don't you see how absurd your reasoning is to why we do not have to repent of sins?!
God repented.
Does the definition of the word "repented" mean "stopped sinning"?
(rhetorical question)
Obviously the word "repented" does not carry the definition of "stopped sinning".

Is it clear to you yet that the definition of the word "repent" cannot possibly mean "stop sinning"?

God's Truth

God repented.
Does the definition of the word "repented" mean "stopped sinning"?
(rhetorical question)
Obviously the word "repented" does not carry the definition of "stopped sinning".

Is it clear to you yet that the definition of the word "repent" cannot possibly mean "stop sinning"?

I will not give up trying to explain this to you.

We have to repent of sins; God does not have to repent of sins.

You say we have to repent, meaning to change our mind about God.

You claim that because you say God did not have to repent of sins. Well then, did God have to repent and change His mind about Himself?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. WE have to repent of our sins; God does not.
Scripture clearly states that God repented.

So once again, I ask the rhetorical question: Is "stopped sinning" the definition of the word "repented"?
Obviously the answer is no.

So what do you suppose is preventing you from conceding this clear and plain truth?

God's Truth

Scripture clearly states that God repented.

So once again, I ask the rhetorical question: Is "stopped sinning" the definition of the word "repented"?
Obviously the answer is no.

So what do you suppose is preventing you from conceding this clear and plain truth?

I think you know you have been shown the truth now. So then, why pretend otherwise?

We have to REPENT OF OUR SINS.

We have to CHANGE OUR MIND ABOUT SINS.

God did not repent and turn to Himself, as your reasoning would imply.

You are the one who said we do not have to repent of sins because God did not. You are the one who said repent means to change our mind about God. So then, again, did God change His mind about Himself?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will not give up trying to explain this to you.
You have already been utterly defeated about the definition of the word "repent".

Until you concede that the word "repent" cannot possibly carry the definition "stop sinning", then you remain blind as a bat.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you know you have been shown the truth now.
I certainly have through scripture.

Scripture clearly states God repented.

So, once again I ask you the question: Does the word "repented" mean "stopped sinning"?

God's Truth

We have to repent/change our minds about SIN. God does not.

We have to repent of sins, not just the sin of unbelief; for we know that many do not have the sin of unbelief.

The scriptures say sins, and that is more than one sin.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are the one who said we do not have to repent of sins because God did not.
Once again, I have not said that we do not have to repent of sins because God did not.
You made that up, again.

You are the one who said repent means to change our mind about God.
I have not said that the definition of "repent" is "change your mind about God".
You made that up, again.

So then, again, did God change His mind about Himself?
He sure didn't.
But He did repent.
Does "repent" mean "stop sinning"?
Obviously not (except to the blinded).

Are you now willing to concede that the word "repent" cannot possibly mean "stop sinning"?

God's Truth

Jesus after he was seated at the right hand of the Father tells us we must repent of the things we do wrong.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

Revelation 9:21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Peter says to repent for the forgiveness of SINS. Not just the one sin of unbelief.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus died for the ATONEMENT OF OUR SINS.

Romans 3:25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Paul explains to us that all our SINS are forgiven. Not what you say. You say we have to repent, meaning to change our mind about God. That is not what the scriptures say. One of the proofs is that it is sins and not just sin.

Romans 4:7 “Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

There are so many scriptures that prove we have to repent of our sins. It is why Jesus died for us---he died for the SINS of the whole world.

God's Truth

Once again, I have not said that we have to repent of sins because God did not.
You made that up, again.

I have not said that the definition of "repent" is "change your mind about God".
You made that up, again.

He sure didn't.
But He did repent.

Are you now willing to concede that the word "repent" cannot possibly mean "stop sinning"?

Anyone who can see can see I am telling the truth.

glorydaz

We have to repent of sins, not just the sin of unbelief; for we know that many do not have the sin of unbelief.

You have no Comforter or you would understand about sin.

John 16:8-9
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

God repented.
Does the word "repented" mean "stopped sinning"?

Why is it that you are unwilling to concede the clear fact that the word "repent" does not mean "stop sinning"?

God's Truth

You have no Comforter or you would understand about sin.

John 16:8-9
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Jesus gave me the Holy Spirit.

Jesus gave me the Holy Spirit because I believe in him and repented of my sins.

John 16:8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me;

You have to BELIEVE what Jesus says about repent of your sins.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once again, I have not said that we do not have to repent of sins because God did not.
You made that up, again.

You made that up, again.

He sure didn't.
But He did repent.

Anyone who can see can see I am telling the truth.
Hardly.
For the very clear fact that scriptures says God repented. Therefore, the word "repented" cannot possibly mean "stopped sinning".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus after he was seated at the right hand of the Father tells us we must repent of the things we do wrong.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

Revelation 9:21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Peter says to repent for the forgiveness of SINS. Not just the one sin of unbelief.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus died for the ATONEMENT OF OUR SINS.

Romans 3:25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Paul explains to us that all our SINS are forgiven. Not what you say. You say we have to repent, meaning to change our mind about God. That is not what the scriptures say. One of the proofs is that it is sins and not just sin.

Romans 4:7 “Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

There are so many scriptures that prove we have to repent of our sins. It is why Jesus died for us---he died for the SINS of the whole world.
Flurry of words, but still no conceding that word "repented" cannot possibly mean "stopped sinning".

God repented.