ECT Peter, Paul, and Division

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All these years, and wimpy, weasel looking Craigie still cannot write in proper English:

"theory you adhere to?"-Craigie

Vs.

to what "stopped clock" theory do you adhere?="the" English

How did you get so stupid?

No matter how I phrase the "stopped clock" question, you and Danoh will continue to put your heads in the sand and not answer the question.

whitestone

I disagree. I think it was both.

I think those believing Jews thought Jesus was going to become king, unite the nation of Israel back together, defeat the Romans, and become a sovereign nation again. In addition to being their Messiah sent from God.

And I almost agree the difference is that they believed that the "one coming,the King" would not only restore Israel as a sovereign nation but also that every kingdom other than Israel (including Rome) would be subject to them as their King ruled from his throne.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And I almost agree the difference is that they believed that the "one coming,the King" would not only restore Israel as a sovereign nation but also that every kingdom other than Israel (including Rome) would be subject to them as their King ruled from his throne.

Well, if you read Zech 14, and you take it literally, Jerusalem gets attacked, but then wins the war, and after the war all the nations are then subject to Israel's king.

john w

Hall of Fame
"I don't subscribe to a belief system that was invented by one man like you do."-Tellalie

Since you subscribe to a belief system that was not a "one man" "invention," identify the men that taught you your belief system.

Why do you argue that God can invent, you punk?

john w

Hall of Fame
No matter how I phrase the "stopped clock" question, you and Danoh will continue to put your heads in the sand and not answer the question.

"I don't subscribe to a belief system that was invented by one man like you do."-Tellalie

Since you subscribe to a belief system that was not a "one man" "invention," identify the men that taught you your belief system.

No matter how I phrase "identify this everyone that saw this un-physical Savior allegedly return in AD 70,"you will continue to put your heads in the sand and not answer the question.

See how that works, greasy Craigie?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nice try but irrelevant.

No it's not.

The verses all compliment each other, and make the same point:

(Luke 21:32) “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 26:64) "You have said so," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

(Matt 16:28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Matt 10:23) When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've challenged all you Dispies to show me one man that Preterism can be traced back to.

So far, none of you Dispies have been able to.

It's really easy with Dispensationalism, it's all traced back to Darby.

Same thing for Calvinism, it's all traced back to Calvin. Mormonism is traced back to Joseph Smith. Jehovah's Witnesses are traced back to Charles Taze Russell, etc.

Just tell me who it was Johnny?

AD 70-ism is traced back to one man-J. Stuart Russell. Why do you follow the belief system that was "invented" by one man, sweetie?

Just tell us who these infallible men are, that taught you, gay boy Craigie.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Did Joseph Smith invent Mormonism?

Can Mormonism be found anywhere before Joseph Smith?

whitestone

Well, if you read Zech 14, and you take it literally, Jerusalem gets attacked, but then wins the war, and after the war all the nations are then subject to Israel's king.

So then his disciples are saying to him "the one coming,the King" and the pharisees heard it and said to Jesus "rebuke thy disciples",vrs 39 and why is because they(in the minds of the pharisees) saw they meant the very King that they were all awaiting to do this right?

ClimateSanity

No it's not.

The verses all compliment each other, and make the same point:

(Luke 21:32) “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 26:64) "You have said so," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

(Matt 16:28) “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Matt 10:23) When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

And they are all irrelevant.

john w

Hall of Fame

Why can't you answer the question, sweetie Craigie, and identify these infallible teachers, because you assert that not just "one man," that you, on record, claim taught you your "man made" "invention" of "AD 70-ism," Preterism.

Name the person, besides just J. Stuart Russell, that taught you AD 70-ism.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
AD 70-ism is traced back to one man-J. Stuart Russell. Why do you follow the belief system that was "invented" by one man, sweetie?

You're wrong about Russell. Russell lived from 1816 - 1895

Luis del Alcázar wrote about Preterism before Russell. Alcazar lived from 1554-1613.

Plus, I can show a bunch more of men that taught Preterism before Russell was even born.

With Dispensationalism, it's undisputed (except from actual Dispensationalists)

From Wikipedia:

"John Nelson Darby is recognized as the father of dispensationalism,....As there was no Christian teaching of a "rapture" before Darby began preaching about it in the 1830s..... The original concept came from Darby's interpretation of 2 Timothy 2:15, "...rightly dividing the word of truth".

As I keep saying over and over again, you guys live in denial.

john w

Hall of Fame
When did the mount of olives split in two? Is that when Titus had an ingrown toenail?

His "response:" Fulfilled in AD 70....Fulfilled in Christ Jesus....Figurative....Darby.....You really think it is literal?...Darby....You are in denial...No one can answer me.....Darby....Fleshly....Darby....Not one dispensationalist can answer....I was a dispensationalist for 27 years, since AD 1970...Darby....Fulfilled AD 70....Josephus says.....Darby...Wiki says...."

john w

Hall of Fame
They're irrelevant to you because they're all a Death Knell to your Dispensationalism.

I believe what they say.

He blew us away again, with his cute little "Death Knell" stumper!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't you answer the question, sweetie Craigie, and identify these infallible teachers, because you assert that your belief system is not just a "one man" belief system, that you, on record, claim taught you your "man made" "invention" of "AD 70-ism," Preterism.

Name the person, besides just J. Stuart Russell, that taught you AD 70-ism.