ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
@RightDivider,

I gave the scripture where it is said in John that Jesus appeared to take away our sins.

Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. See 1 John 3:5.

Don't you know that sins are taken away by BLOOD?

Don't you know that Jesus shed his blood ON THE CROSS?
Indeed I do know that.

Why did John fail to mention THAT in the SUMMARY of WHY he wrote his "gospel"?

If you don't know, don't be afraid to say so.

Right Divider

Body part
RD isn't anxious about getting the Truth out, or he would be posting scripture.
I DID post SCRIPTURE.... which you IGNORED.

John 20:30-31 (KJV)
(20:30) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: (20:31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Where is the CROSS missing in this SUMMARY of WHY John wrote this book?

If you don't understand why, just say so. No need to be shy.

God's Truth

I DID post SCRIPTURE.... which you IGNORED.

(20:30) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: (20:31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Where is the CROSS missing in this SUMMARY of WHY John wrote this book?

If you don't understand why, just say so. No need to be shy.

What does the scripture say? The scripture says 'believe'. Believe what? Go ahead and answer.

Right Divider

Body part
What does the scripture say? The scripture says 'believe'. Believe what? Go ahead and answer.
Are you unable to read English?

Believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

That is NOT the same thing as believing that He died for your sins.​

Interplanner

lol, RD missed the cross! What else did you miss RD? Go back and read John. Your view is incoherent, but I see why you think it has half a chance in the synoptics.

View the BIBLE PROJECT animated summary that bridges from Isaiah to Luke. Very well done, 5 mins. It stages the post exile feeling very well: God was supposed to bring a kingdom. It is answered even better in Christ; he is the arrival and is enthroned and his mission is to all the nations, just as expected in Isaiah.

john w

Hall of Fame
lol, RD missed the cross! What else did you miss RD? Go back and read John. Your view is incoherent, but I see why you think it has half a chance in the synoptics.

View the BIBLE PROJECT animated summary that bridges from Isaiah to Luke. Very well done, 5 mins. It stages the post exile feeling very well: God was supposed to bring a kingdom. It is answered even better in Christ; he is the arrival and is enthroned and his mission is to all the nations, just as expected in Isaiah.

And the fraud will not address the counter:

"Believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

That is NOT the same thing as believing that He died for your sins"-RD.

Just disjointed ramblings, mutterings, emotional droolings...

Right Divider

Body part
No, I did not. You are your typical ignorant arrogant self.

You are completely insane. There is no other way to put it.

Right Divider

Body part
And the fraud will not address the counter:

"Believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

That is NOT the same thing as believing that He died for your sins"-RD.

Just disjointed ramblings, mutterings, emotional droolings...
They cannot understand the simple things that even a child can understand.
And yet they are going to "teach" us.

God's Truth

Believe that Jesus is the Christ IS about forgiving sins, is about raising the dead, is about the resurrection and eternal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.