ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

If everything that God would accomplish by the Cross was revealed knowledge before Paul was even saved, why did no one proclaim it before Paul did?

Isaiah

The LORD has made his life a sacrifice for our wrongdoings. See Isaiah 53:10.
It was the LORD’s will to crush him with suffering. See Isaiah 53:10.
Jesus bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. See Isaiah 53:12

Jesus

God sanctifies us by the truth; His word is truth. John 17:17.
Jesus sanctified himself, that he may truly sanctify us. John 17:19.
God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. John 3:16.
All who reject Jesus will one day face God’s wrath. John 3:36
His words are life. John 6:63

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.
2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

John

Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. See 1 John 3:5.
He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12.

Paul

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. See Colossians 1:19-21.

It is the exact same message from all.

I have scriptures from Hebrews too. Do you believe Paul wrote Hebrews? I also have scriptures from Romans. Do you believe Paul wrote Romans?

musterion

Isaiah

The LORD has made his life a sacrifice for our wrongdoings. See Isaiah 53:10.
It was the LORD’s will to crush him with suffering. See Isaiah 53:10.
Jesus bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. See Isaiah 53:12

Jesus

God sanctifies us by the truth; His word is truth. John 17:17.
Jesus sanctified himself, that he may truly sanctify us. John 17:19.
God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. John 3:16.
All who reject Jesus will one day face God’s wrath. John 3:36
His words are life. John 6:63

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.
2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

John

Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. See 1 John 3:5.
He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12.

Paul

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. See Colossians 1:19-21.

It is the exact same message from all.

Nope.

musterion

A secret was dispensed to and through Paul.

Being a secret, it was of necessity humanly unknown before he was chosen to be the one to herald it. As with Moses and the Law, just so with Paul and a secret...he was [is] God's spokesman.

The secret was not that Christ would die. He told the 12 that He would, and Peter couldn't stand to hear of it.

It was not that He would deal with sin. That was known, it had long been foretold of Messiah in the prophets.

It was not that the Gentile world, which had no claim or standing before God, would be brought back to Him. That too had long been foretold to take place via the priest-nation (of which none of you are members).

No...there was something else, a literal secret, previously unspoken by God, that was revealed through Paul. It formed the core of his life, identity and doctrine. It was something others indeed learned of, but only through Paul: not before Paul and not apart from Paul. It was something that cannot be found in the O.T. Not in the four Gospel accounts. Not in early Acts.

Because it had been a secret. That's what Paul said.

To deny that isn't to merely reject MAD. This isn't about us. We are not the point.

It is to spit unbelief on the Word of God.

God's Truth

A secret was dispensed to and through Paul.

The whole New Testament is prophecies from the Old Testament revealed.

Being a secret, it was of necessity humanly unknown before he was chosen to be the one to herald it. As with Moses and the Law, just so with Paul...God's spokesman.

The secret was not that Christ would die. He told the 12 that He would, and Peter couldn't stand to hear of it.

You think Peter didn't get the message when Jesus rebuked him for it?

It was not that He would deal with sin. That was known, it had been foretold of Messiah.

It was not that the Gentile world, whigh had no claim or standing before God, would be brought back to Him. That too had long been foretold to take place via the priest-nation (of which none of you are members).

Jesus said that when he is crucified then he would draw all to be saved.

God did not nail Jesus' words to the cross.

Jesus came and taught all the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the new covenant.

No...there was something else, a literal secret, previously unspoken by God, that was revealed through Paul.

It formed the core of his life, identity and doctrine. It was something others indeed learned of, but only through Paul: not before Paul and not apart from Paul. It was something that cannot be found in the O.T. Not in the four Gospel accounts. Not in early Acts.

Because it had been a secret. That's what Paul said.

To deny that is to spit unbelief on the Word of God.

I gave you scriptures from Old Testament, from Jesus himself, and from John.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You're not even fit to teach young women. Let me talk to the brains of your outfit. You are disordered. Put him on or log off.

FYI of any TOL members interested:

My husband forwarded a PM response to this today, to Musterion through my account, but neither of us have received response. :chuckle:

musterion

FYI of any TOL members interested:

My husband forwarded a PM response to this today, to Musterion through my account, but neither of us have received response. :chuckle:

You are lying or he is incompetent. The only PM notification I got today is from Lon. I just wrote him back so my inbox says zero. Ask a mod to check if you don't believe me.

musterion

If your husband wants to say something to me (as if I'd even know it's him and not you), have him start a thread in the open.

musterion

I don't think you would speak to me the way you do if we were face to face. I just think you would be real respectful.

If I knew you were the enemy of the Cross who posts here? You think I would be polite to you? You think I would have you over for tea? No.

God's Truth

No covenant with we Gentiles. Not yours.

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Apostle Paul even quotes Psalm 117:1 to let the Gentiles know that it was said in the Old Testament that they would be brought near to God one day.

Romans 15:11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Status
Not open for further replies.