ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

Anybody read Sherman's comments in the wood shed on this matter? Any more discussion, back peddling, blaming is:

:deadhorse:

:angrymob:

:nightall:

glorydaz

It's good to read that you understand and acknowledge God's giving honor and grace to Mary.

I am particularly fond of the "Magnificat".

Luke 1:46-55

Yes, as I said, it's clearly recorded what Mary thought...that she was honored. No one could read the account in Luke and come up with anything but knowing what a blessing it was for her.

To state that God would have used her whether she was willing or not was a ridiculous speculation by a couple of women who should know better...but obviously don't.

Had God's Untruth read the account in Luke instead of only reading the account in Matthew, she might have understood enough not to argue the fact in the first place. Mary was asked to do nothing against her will, and she joyously complied.

glorydaz

Made up, as Calvinisim scams others into a false biblical definition of depravity. "Dead men" does not mean "inability," fraud....Read it...

Ephesians 2:22 KJV Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

John 5 KJV

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

"Johnny," you quip, witchie? No, that is your "husband," whom you boss around-Billie Boy, is his name.

You vile, Bertha looking old hag. Get off this site, Witchie Poo.

John 5:25KJV :banana:

john w

Hall of Fame
And what is this "Mr. Nang" stuff?

My husband does not post here because he was rudely and permanently banned from TOL, years ago.

He knows all what goes on at TOL, but could care less to post, let alone do so dishonestly under my or any other name than his own.

So you should just drop it.

Your husband is on your apron strings, and his name is Billy Boy. Poor Billy Boy was banned permanently, like you will be, Endora, when the LORD God boots all you vile Calvinists to hell, for your flipping the bird at Him, besmirching His fairness,goodness, in some masked, alleged elevation of His sovereignity.

musterion

From the "Blind squirrel is right twice a day" department

From the "Blind squirrel is right twice a day" department

I haven't bothered canceling it so I'm still on the mailing list for semi-dispensational GES (look it up if you want). A few glimmers of truth on occasion but most of what they preach is woefully wrong.

However, in the mailbag of the new issue, there is this issue I got just yesterday:

Q. Paul says that if Jesus was not resurrected then we would be believing in vain (1 Cor 15). Does this mean that, if Nicodemus and Martha were believers, they had to know that Jesus was going to die and be resurrected?

A. The passage in 1 Cor 15 is simply saying that if Jesus did not rise from the dead then the Christian faith would be a lie, because it is based on the claim that He did rise from the dead.

But does that mean Nicodemus and Martha knew (or had to have known) this fact in order to be born again? No. They did not know that Jesus was going to have to die and be resurrected. In fact, they had no idea of that whatsoever. They understood Him to be the Christ - the promised Messiah - who would bring in the Kingdom of God. And Martha knew that all who believed in Jesus would be raised from the dead and never die (John 11:25-27).

Last edited:

Interplanner

I haven't bothered canceling it so I'm still on the mailing list for semi-dispensational GES (look it up if you want). A few glimmers of truth on occasion but most of what they preach is woefully wrong. In the mailbag of the new issue, there is this issue I got just yesterday:

I'm glad you see the problem with it, Must, and hope you will tell Jerry.

God's Truth

I haven't bothered canceling it so I'm still on the mailing list for semi-dispensational GES (look it up if you want). A few glimmers of truth on occasion but most of what they preach is woefully wrong. In the mailbag of the new issue, there is this issue I got just yesterday:

Jesus SAID he would rise again. So then, if he did not, then he would be just a regular man and not who he said he was.

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?”

19 “What things?” he asked.

“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.”

25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken!

26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Interplanner

I wasn't clear so you missed the point, which is my fault. The answer to the question is 100% correct. I thought the title of my post would make it clear.

Now you are less clear, the fact that you quoted from John means that you must know that the 'unaware' theory is another D'ist flop which cannot survive John. Christ and his sacrifice for sin are mentioned all through John from the start. They are in the synoptics too, but the synoptics have the KoG and D'ists don't think that has anything to do with the same manifestation of God's work--the mission about his message.

But even though they don't think so, there is no reconciling John and the synoptics in their 'unaware' theory.

I will be challenging Jerry to test his theory in John.

musterion

Now you are less clear, the fact that you quoted from John means that you must know that the 'unaware' theory is another D'ist flop which cannot survive John. Christ and his sacrifice for sin are mentioned all through John from the start. They are in the synoptics too, but the synoptics have the KoG and D'ists don't think that has anything to do with the same manifestation of God's work--the mission about his message.

But even though they don't think so, there is no reconciling John and the synoptics in their 'unaware' theory.

You are a walking example of Dunning-Kruger.

Right Divider

Body part

It's interesting that when John summarizes his reason for writing his "gospel", that He COMPLETELY leaves out the death for sin.... (and His resurrection).

John 20:30-31 (KJV)
(20:30) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: (20:31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Why is that?

Is that not a GLARING omission?

Where is the CROSS?

Where is the preaching of the CROSS?

God's Truth

It's interesting that when John summarizes his reason for writing his "gospel", that He COMPLETELY leaves out the death for sin.... (and His resurrection).

John 20:30-31 (KJV)
(20:30) And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: (20:31) But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Why is that?

Is that not a GLARING omission?

Where is the CROSS?

Where is the preaching of the CROSS?

Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he died on the cross for the new covenant.

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Luke 9:22 And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."

Luke 9:44
"Let these words sink into your ears: The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men."

Luke 24:44
Jesus said to them, "These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms."

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he died on the cross for the new covenant.

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Luke 9:22 And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."

Luke 9:44
"Let these words sink into your ears: The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men."

Luke 24:44
Jesus said to them, "These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms."
Good job of IGNORING the book of JOHN and what JOHN said about HIS reason for writing it.

The NEW covenant is between God and ISRAEL, as per SCRIPTURE.

God's Truth

Leviticus 17:11 is about the life of one, in this case it is an animal, making atonement in the place of the sinner’s life. It was a teaching tool, a foreshadowing of what Jesus would do for every person who comes to him to be cleaned of their sins. Jesus Christ being the One giving life through His shed blood.

Blood to make outwardly clean.

Leviticus 12:7 He shall offer them before the LORD to make atonement for her, and then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood. “‘These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl.

Leviticus 14:14 The priest is to take some of the blood of the guilt offering and put it on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, on the thumb of their right hand and on the big toe of their right foot.

Leviticus 14:17 The priest is to put some of the oil remaining in his palm on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, on the thumb of their right hand and on the big toe of their right foot, on top of the blood of the guilt offering.

Leviticus 14:25 He shall slaughter the lamb for the guilt offering and take some of its blood and put it on the lobe of the right ear of the one to becleansed, on the thumb of their right hand and on the big toe of their right foot.

Leviticus 14:28 Some of the oil in his palm he is to put on the same places he put the blood of the guilt offering—on the lobe of the right ear of the one to be cleansed, on the thumb of their right hand and on the big toe of their right foot.

Leviticus 16:19 He shall sprinkle some of the blood on it with his finger seven times to cleanse it and to consecrate it from the uncleanness of the Israelites.

Isaiah 4:4 The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

God's Truth

Good job of IGNORING the book of JOHN and what JOHN said about HIS reason for writing it.

The NEW covenant is between God and ISRAEL, as per SCRIPTURE.

You want to talk about what John wrote? Okay, good, here is what is said in John:

Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

When Jesus is lifted up, it is when he is crucified, and that is when his BLOOD is shed.

John

Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. See 1 John 3:5.

He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12.

Right Divider

Body part
You want to talk about what John wrote? Okay, good, here is what is said in John:

Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

When Jesus is lifted up, it is when he is crucified, and that is when his BLOOD is shed.

John

He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12.
When John wrote the SUMMARY of WHY he wrote his "gospel", the CROSS is completely MISSING.....

Why?

If you don't know, just go ahead and say so.

God's Truth

[MENTION=5235]RightDivider[/MENTION],

I gave the scripture where it is said in John that Jesus appeared to take away our sins.

Don't you know that sins are taken away by BLOOD?

Don't you know that Jesus shed his blood ON THE CROSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.