new jerusalem

Ben Masada

Do I need to color a picture for you Ben? I'm no fan or believer in Paul's remixed gospel about Jesus. I believe in the gospel of----> Jesus, the one the Jews were supposed to take to heart and teach the world. But you guys lost sight of the spiritual kingdom and became arrogant, segregated, quibbling theology lawyers. So, sadly, you were "un-chosen."

I have faith in the Father Just like Jesus did. I have faith in the unknown like Abraham did and many of his descendants after him.

You are totally mistaken Caino. The gospel of Jesus was called Judaism. That's why Jesus said that salvation is achieved by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)That's what Paul hated and you all are mistaken about him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You are totally mistaken Caino. The gospel of Jesus was called Judaism. That's why Jesus said that salvation is achieved by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)That's what Paul hated and you all are mistaken about him.

Jesus said
-love God and your neighbor
-and
-all the law hangs on that

-one is the spirit of the law
-and
-the other is the letter

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Jews don't even practice the law anymore, and the enemies of Jesus in Judaism completely disagree with your bizarre claim. Judaism is an evolved religion of grossly exaggerated historical tradition created by Zionist false prophets who still sit in tiny Jerusalem waiting for their Messiah who is MIA.

Luke was a Jew who never knew Jesus and sought to make Jesus the fulfillment of the corrupt Old Testament. He portrayed Jesus as the fulfillment of the OT. Jesus would be better served by being rescued from the Bible box altogether and let Judaism get back to Pagan blood sacrifices and self important ruminations.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Archetypal City............

Archetypal City............

here is what they say about

New Jerusalem

Note there are a dozen or more views about the so called 'New Jerusalem' in the wiki article.

It's section on Catholicism's view is below. Focus on the underlined and bold -

Catholicism

The Catholic Church places the New Jerusalem in the eschatological role found in Revelation. Catholicism also holds that the New Jerusalem already exists as a spiritual community in Heaven, the Church triumphant, with an outpost on earth, the Church militant. Together, the Church triumphant, Church militant, and Church suffering form the Church universal. Augustine of Hippo, a Doctor of the Church and Church Father, draws inspiration from John's account of the New Jerusalem to outline this view in his monumental work The City of God.

The Catholic Encyclopedia article on "Heaven" states that Catholic

theologians deem more appropriate that there should be a special and glorious abode, in which the blessed have their peculiar home and where they usually abide, even though they be free to go about in this world. For the surroundings in the midst of which the blessed have their dwelling must be in accordance with their happy state; and the internal union of charity which joins them in affection must find its outward expression in community of habitation. At the end of the world, the earth together with the celestial bodies will be gloriously transformed into a part of the dwelling-place of the blessed (Revelation 21). Hence there seems to be no sufficient reason for attributing a metaphorical sense to those numerous utterances of the Bible which suggest a definite dwelling-place of the blessed. Theologians, therefore, generally hold that the heaven of the blessed is a special place with definite limits. Naturally, this place is held to exist, not within the earth, but, in accordance with the expressions of Scripture, without and beyond its limits. All further details regarding its locality are quite uncertain. The Church has decided nothing on this subject.

As allegorical as I am....I don't see Rome as the 'new Jerusalem' since its historical roots are more pagan, although a more liberal Catholic may think "all roads lead to Rome" :) It's more logical to allocate a renewed city of peace being centralized in or correlated with the geographical zone of 'Old Jerusalem' in some way, albeit being a spiritual condition or state. In any case this heavenly city is from above, not below....although a physical city may be a representation or prototype.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
jerusalem was the center of the jewish world
-new jerusalem is the center of the christian world
-that would be rome
-the church would not have survived in jerusalem
-the church would not have survived in constantinople
-the church did survive in rome
-the new jerusalem

Ben Masada

The Jews don't even practice the law anymore, and the enemies of Jesus in Judaism completely disagree with your bizarre claim. Judaism is an evolved religion of grossly exaggerated historical tradition created by Zionist false prophets who still sit in tiny Jerusalem waiting for their Messiah who is MIA.

Luke was a Jew who never knew Jesus and sought to make Jesus the fulfillment of the corrupt Old Testament. He portrayed Jesus as the fulfillment of the OT. Jesus would be better served by being rescued from the Bible box altogether and let Judaism get back to Pagan blood sacrifices and self important ruminations.

Luke was not a Jew but a Greek Doctor daily companion of Paul. You are not reading your NT. Luke was second to none among the disciples of Paul as Replacement Theology was concerned. I agree with you that Jesus would be better served by being rescued from the NT. Anyway, he never even dreamed that the NT would ever rise. Paul locked him into the NT with a key of lies to rather project himself by proxy as the Messiah. So, the Messiah of the NT was Paul, not Jesus. Paul was the one who created Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

Ben Masada

New Jerusalem is revealed in Galatians 4:22-31.

It is the invisible city of God in which all in Christ will be resurrected to live in His glory.

Welcome back . . Sorry for your absence.

New Jerusalem is a reference to the "New World Order" for the Jews who returned from captivity in Babylon.
That's the original meaning as "Jerusalem" is also a reference not to the place but to the People. (Isaiah
40:1) "Comfort, oh comfort My People, says the Lord. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem." To comfort someone is to speak tenderly to him or her. So, to speak tenderly to Jerusalem is the same as to speak tenderly to the People; the whole Israel.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
New Jerusalem is a reference to the "New World Order" for the Jews who returned from captivity in Babylon.
That's the original meaning as "Jerusalem" is also a reference not to the place but to the People. (Isaiah
40:1) "Comfort, oh comfort My People, says the Lord. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem." To comfort someone is to speak tenderly to him or her. So, to speak tenderly to Jerusalem is the same as to speak tenderly to the People; the whole Israel.

Apply this to the holy city; the bride of Christ who comes down from heaven; the church consisting of all the redeemed; the spiritual "Israel". . and you have found Truth. Revelation 22:1-7

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why can't it be an actual city?

The LORD Jesus: "I go and prepare a place for you..."

Why don't you just break down and read the Book of Hebrews? You would learn about the city that Abraham looked for, and that will answer your question.

See Hebrews 11:8-10, 14-16 and Hebrews 12:18-24 with Revelation Chapters 21 & 22.

This promise of the heavenly Jerusalem far surpasses any literal city ever built and looked upon by mankind.

SaulToPaul 2

Why don't you just break down and read the Book of Hebrews? You would learn about the city that Abraham looked for, and that will answer your question.

See Hebrews 11:8-10, 14-16 and Hebrews 12:18-24 with Revelation Chapters 21 & 22.

This promise of the heavenly Jerusalem far surpasses any literal city ever built and looked upon by mankind.

Why can't it be an actual city?

The LORD Jesus: "I go and prepare a place for you..."