new jerusalem

Ben Masada

Jesus said -love God and your neighbor -and -all the law hangs on that
-one is the spirit of the law -and -the other is the letter

What was the spirit of the Law in the literal words of Jesus to listen to "Moses" aka the Law, do you have any idea?(Luke 16:29-31)

Ben Masada

don't really know what to make of it outside of the fact that you need to listen and obey those with authority

What about if those with authority do not live according to the Law and the Prophets? (Mat. 5:17-19)Would you listen and obey them all the same?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What about if those with authority do not live according to the Law and the Prophets? (Mat. 5:17-19)Would you listen and obey them all the same?

somewhere Jesus says we should -
just listen to what they say and don't watch what they do

SaulToPaul 2

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Everyone that enters Rome is in the book of life, per Chrys

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you miss the time that Rome descended from God out of heaven?

Drat! Yeah, I missed that one.

What I didn't miss was my friend and I dropping acid on the bridge over the Tiber.
(Not advocating its use.)
Almost immediately, up drives a van and out of it, with his entourage, steps an Indian Guru with flowing white robes. They took us on a drive around Rome and then to his Ashram. He was Swami Paramahansa Yogananda's successor(Kriya Yoga). I don't think he was a disciple of Christ. I got his address and we went back weeks later but he had returned to India.
After we left there, we tried to get to an Elton John concert. This was 1971 and we didn't even know who Elton John was, but we'd heard there was a rock concert in Rome.
We kept getting on the wrong bus and wound up riding the wrong buses all day until finally we caught the last bus to the Youth Hostel as it got dark. It had been fun though. We'd sit in the back of the bus and when the bus would hit the deep swags in the street the bus would throw us up to the ceiling. Yep.... did that all day. We must have passed the Colosseum a dozen times. I remember seein' it go by. Actually, we were going by.

The next day , we caught the train for a 12 hour return trip to Sicily.

I don't think it was the New Jerusalem but I've learned to be open to consider evidence from others on such matters.

PS: I was genuinely saved by the Lord Jesus Christ according to His gospel of grace in 1979 and renounced much of that which I described.
It's a dead end.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
"new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven"
-
literally only happens in the future
-
keep watching