new jerusalem

RBBI

You do realize that New Jerusalem is COMING DOWN, right? Rome is Rome, Jerusalem is Jerusalem until there's a NEW one, and it's NOT Rome. Peace

Interplanner

The literal visuals completely miss what is going on. The 'city' is our mother, it is all the believers who are now in heaven and of course Christ. Yet we feel 'close' to it, as Paul says in Gal 4, simply by his calling it our mother. And Heb 12. It is always just above, or hovering, until the NHNE.

It is close in another way. When a person no longer pays attention to a divisive religious issue in his relations with other people, when 'there is neither circumcision nor uncircumcision,' there is a new creation. Gal 6. That is also a way to feel close to the New Jerusalem.

The last and least useful approach to the Rev is visual. There is far too much history and background that it is based on to know first.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The literal visuals completely miss what is going on. The 'city' is our mother, it is all the believers who are now in heaven and of course Christ. Yet we feel 'close' to it, as Paul says in Gal 4, simply by his calling it our mother. And Heb 12. It is always just above, or hovering, until the NHNE.

It is close in another way. When a person no longer pays attention to a divisive religious issue in his relations with other people, when 'there is neither circumcision nor uncircumcision,' there is a new creation. Gal 6. That is also a way to feel close to the New Jerusalem.

The last and least useful approach to the Rev is visual. There is far too much history and background that it is based on to know first.

Galatians 4:26 KJV -

daqq

Jerusalem of Above is our mother COVENANT.
Why does everyone seem to miss that part of what Paul states?

Galatians 4:24-26
24. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Hagar, [spiritual Egypt and Sodom, Revelation 11:8].
25. For this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is our mother [covenant].

The women are the cities are the covenants:

Yerushalaim of Below - fleshly-carnal understanding of Torah - Mount Sinai
Yerushalaim of Above - Spirit of Torah (for the Law is Spirit) - Mount Horeb

daqq

"I go and prepare a place for you"

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And whither I go you know, and the way you know.

Doesn't Paul teach us that those in Messiah Yeshua are seated in heavenly places? And Yeshua later in the same discourse from John 14 says this to the other Judas:

Judas says unto him, (not Iscariot) Master, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world? Yeshua answered and said to him, If a man loves me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.