My Ignored List

glorydaz

This post shows you do not even believe what you claim to believe, you claim that you preach the gospel because you don't know who the elect is, and yet you make yourself higher, and deny the cross to your own friends- why not call it elite in your case, since that is really what you believe.

A believer is one who trusts in Christ and Lord God and Savior -for salvation, period. The rest is theology. Theology doesnt save, Christ does. Will you refuse heaven if those you believe are too wide away from your elite-ness is there?

Unfortunately, that's the way so many Calvinists are....not all....but way too many. :nono:

IMJerusha

How about, keeping the baby and just cast out Truster?

For one thing, I don't believe in excommunication. Shunning is one thing but we can not see into each other's hearts. We are to identify one another by two things 1) that we call upon the name of Yeshua and 2) the fruit we exhibit. Granted, we're not seeing a whole lot of fruit but in our hurt, we're lacking ourselves. I don't believe that any of us have the right to declare someone anathema. I choose not to be that hateful.
I'm angry, yes. I'm hurt like others, yes. But I would rather reach a place of understanding with this man than cast him out.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The best way to love one's enemies is to pray for their salvation . . . or do you choose to snicker and snort about this, too?

Why are you even in this thread if you are not properly reading the participants?

Just want to cause and enjoy more trouble?

Not very noble or Christian of you, is it? In fact, I would describe your queries as being demonic.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
All you had to do was answer yes. Yes a Calvinist needs to love the non elect. The fact that you are upset proves that I've observed a weakness in your doctrine. Should I apologize? All you had to do is say yes. You still won't. But I'll agree that praying for the non elect is the best way to love them, please do.

As for the demonic posts, you're older than me. I'm not even as old as your marriage of 50 years, you shouldn't feel so threatened by those who reject your theology.

I'd rather be brash than be self deceived of my own pride which you sometimes appear as, prideful.

glorydaz

Maybe I ought to just refer you to Lon..."we are the judge of no one 'and are judged by no man.' "

Truster calls upon Yeshua HaMashiach. He is, therefore, of the Body.

Really? I have a bridge I can sell you.

Galatians 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.​

Do you think there is some magic spell that keeps ungodly men from saying certain words by which they might deceive us?

glorydaz

For one thing, I don't believe in excommunication. Shunning is one thing but we can not see into each other's hearts. We are to identify one another by two things 1) that we call upon the name of Yeshua and 2) the fruit we exhibit. Granted, we're not seeing a whole lot of fruit but in our hurt, we're lacking ourselves. I don't believe that any of us have the right to declare someone anathema. I choose not to be that hateful.
I'm angry, yes. I'm hurt like others, yes. But I would rather reach a place of understanding with this man than cast him out.

Granted. :popcorn:

Of course this isn't an "assembly" of believers, but there have been others put out for various reasons. Our mods do have that power. And I'm sure we can trust them to make that decision if it needs to be made. It might depend on how much of that anger and hurt comes about. I think it's called disruption.

Matt. 18:16
But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Corinthians 5:13
But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Lon

Not to argue, but address what is important...

Lon,

You would make that synod of fathers turn in their graves with your acceptance of the errors of Arminianism.
Er, as would my whole convention and affiliation, I'm Southern Baptist, remember? I suppose such is an oddity but it is my oddity.

I believe Arminians and Roman Catholics can be saved by the grace of God, but I deny that those so regenerated will remain under the false teachings of either system.
This is against my denomination, so I cannot acquiesce it or agree. It goes against an entire body of which I belong.
There can be no real, biblical, doctrinal fellowship between error and truth; or any union of the light of truth with the darkness of false teachings.
Just an observation and no judgement: To me, I think it hypocritical to make friends with Arminians if you feel this way. Perhaps you and others do not realize what damage and horrible mixed messages this sends: When you befriend a person, and then take them off or ignore them, you've sent a double-minded, double-standard message, imho. I practice what my church preaches online as well as off so I don't believe I'm being inconsistent. In my opinion, befriending someone sub par, isn't a friend at all.
A mixed message hurts people when an upfront and open one doesn't do that. If Arminians are subpar, befriending them isn't probably wise.
And it is just opinion, for whatever it is worth.

Unfortunately, you are judging a brother for his separating himself from darkness, just because you happen to enjoy the dim light in which you worship.
Yes, I am, but not for dim light. I had no idea you or Student x felt this way. This is why I think the above a double-standard. I assumed you both knew that the Southern Baptists took this hard stand against this before either of you befriended me, frankly. I am in a bit of shock, honestly. Such, imho, is the problem of a double-standard message. I had no idea befriending me or Arminians was a subpar friendship in either of your minds. It is just a shock. Thanks for being honest and open about it, I just wish I knew. I plead ignorance. I assumed that love and friendship was more-or-less unconditional. Okay, I understand now and thank you for telling me. It hurts, but thanks for being upfront. In the future, it would be helpful to hear this condition upfront. Not knowing it has hurt several people on TOL that can be easily avoided in the future, just tell us our friendship is subpar and our light is subpar for you, up front? It is better than crashing and burning from forum to forum? Just an idea.

Others of us will not settle for anything less than the full light of truth as found in the doctrines of grace; there is no middle ground for us.
Thank you for being upfront. I was naive. I will ask Calvinists from now on. I thought you knew I was Southern Baptist and did not/could not feel this way.

Forgive us,
Yes, we were both inept at making our respective positions clear. For me, it wouldn't and doesn't matter because I don't draw this hard line at all. It might behoove you in the future to remain consistent and upfront. My online behavior is exactly the same as my denominational stance. There are no surprises from my side of the Calvinist camp. None. What you see is very upfront and consistent. There are no surprises.

tolerate us
That's what we do in the Southern Baptist Convention, but we don't adopt that hard line, therefore I can but tolerate.

but do not scold us.
Our convention does scold those of this persuasion and upfront, lets you know that such exclusion isn't tolerated. I'm not sure if that's a scolding, but it is up front, consistent, and clear.

We have paid too big a price to have you tell us we are wrong or will be judged.

Nang
Again, not to argue, but in the Southern Baptist Convention, this is wrong when we have purposefully gone toward inclusion. Much of your sentiment is rejected by my denomination. I cannot go against my denomination and so, again, I thank you for spelling this out. I'm sorry for confusion on both of our parts. I think, because I'm inclusive and you are not, such will ever be more your side for needed communication upfront than mine because nothing is hidden or inconsistent or seemingly so on my side of the fence.

In Him,

Lon

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I believe Arminians and Roman Catholics can be saved by the grace of God, but I deny that those so regenerated will remain under the false teachings of either system.
I'm not either, but I imagine the response of one similarly zealous about their doctrinal differences would go something like, "Same to you!"

Just a guess, mind you.

There can be no real, biblical, doctrinal fellowship between error and truth; or any union of the light of truth with the darkness of false teachings.
That strikes me as an immense supposition, not in conclusion, but in premise. Who says you hold the part of the stick without an error?

I'd say if we love God we muddle through as best we can and as we're led and there's a great deal of useful instruction in the owner's manual that seems up for grabs and I doubt that's unintentional.

Unfortunately, you are judging a brother for his separating himself from darkness, just because you happen to enjoy the dim light in which you worship.
That' seems both assumptive and proud, which runs contrary to my understanding of Christ and the instructions I understand, even if I often stink at following them... Lon enjoys a dim light? Well I find the want of compassion in that remarkable, light wise. Especially if you believe you're right about a doctrinal difference.

Others of us will not settle for anything less than the full light of truth as found in the doctrines of grace; there is no middle ground for us.
I don't know how you could have read that without flushing and removing it before you hit send. Seriously. If Letsargue posted that it wouldn't surprise me, except grammatically, of course.

Forgive us, tolerate us, but do not scold us.
Why ask for what you don't give?

We have paid too big a price to have you tell us we are wrong or will be judged.
Christ paid the only price that mattered. Else, supra.

bybee

I'm not either, but I imagine the response of one similarly zealous about their doctrinal differences would go something like, "Same to you!"

Just a guess, mind you.

That strikes me as an immense supposition, not in conclusion, but in premise. Who says you hold the part of the stick without an error?

I'd say if we love God we muddle through as best we can and as we're led and there's a great deal of useful instruction in the owner's manual that seems up for grabs and I doubt that's unintentional.

That' seems both assumptive and proud, which runs contrary to my understanding of Christ and the instructions I understand, even if I often stink at following them... Lon enjoys a dim light? Well I find the want of compassion in that remarkable, light wise. Especially if you believe you're right about a doctrinal difference.

I don't know how you could have read that without flushing and removing it before you hit send. Seriously. If Letsargue posted that it wouldn't surprise me, except grammatically, of course.

Why ask for what you don't give?

Christ paid the only price that mattered. Else, supra.

Excellent post with which I heartily concur!
All of those who are so rigidly sure of their exclusive rightness with Almighty God forget the prohibition against judgment.
At this point, sad to say, I see more light in Meshak than I do in Nang.
And it grieves me to say it.
I like Nang and have a high regard for her theological body of knowledge.

glorydaz

Excellent post with which I heartily concur!
All of those who are so rigidly sure of their exclusive rightness with Almighty God forget the prohibition against judgment.
At this point, sad to say, I see more light in Meshak than I do in Nang.
And it grieves me to say it.
I like Nang and have a high regard for her theological body of knowledge.

Don't forget....she doesn't teach, but comes here to learn with her husband's permission. ;)

IMJerusha

Really? I have a bridge I can sell you.

Galatians 2:4
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.​

Do you think there is some magic spell that keeps ungodly men from saying certain words by which they might deceive us?

Translated: "Judgment is mine sayeth Glorydaz." :plain:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you. I perceived that when I saw the warning but didn't receive a pm. Thank you for sharing with me publically. Grace and peace.

Inzl, may I ask a question?
You may, but keep them pertaining to how the forum is run please. ;)