Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Jamie Gigliotti

There is honor in truth.
There is high potential for dishonor in propaganda.

Hey bybee, you guys have a tough job. I get the banning, stop the proliferation of lies. In my mind I feel inclined to defeat those lies with the truth.
I respect your decision, like I said I'm sure it's a tough call.
Thanks for what you guys do!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
...like instructions to kill the unbelievers. The historical context is paramount in understanding this.
Many Christians believe it is right and moral to “kill the unbelievers” as well, and they can easily point to their Bible to justify this.

Is that what is going on in Islam?

Is the Muslim religion composed of a conflict between the literalist fundamentalists and those members who accept the values and morality of the new emerging global culture?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many Christians believe it is right and moral to “kill the unbelievers” as well, and they can easily point to their Bible to justify this.

I remember when you first came to TOL. Long before you bastardized Holy Scripture to defend faggotry, you were a devout defender of Islam.

You haven't changed a bit, your hatred of Judeo/Christian doctrine is the same as it's always been.

CherubRam

That was many years ago.

Catholic Inquisition
An ecclesiastical tribunal established by Pope Gregory IX circa 1232 for the suppression of heresy. It was active chiefly in northern Italy and southern France, becoming notorious for the use of torture and death. In 1542 the papal Inquisition was re-established to combat Protestantism, eventually becoming an organ of papal government.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I remember when you first came to TOL. Long before you bastardized Holy Scripture to defend faggotry, you were a devout defender of Islam.

You haven't changed a bit, your hatred of Judeo/Christian doctrine is the same as it's always been.
I am sorry you feel that way.

Just because I am a Christian who takes Jesus’s teachings seriously I am often condemned and mocked on TOL. I usually present biblical information about Jesus but the verses and passages I quote curiously fail to register with most posters.

Your comments say much about your own fear and narrow-minded formulations than they say anything remotely true about me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Since my reply to you, I have been condemned by my own spiritual pride. I do NOT "take Jesus seriously." I only TRY to do so. And fail often.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

That was many years ago.

Catholic Inquisition
An ecclesiastical tribunal established by Pope Gregory IX circa 1232 for the suppression of heresy. It was active chiefly in northern Italy and southern France, becoming notorious for the use of torture and death. In 1542 the papal Inquisition was re-established to combat Protestantism, eventually becoming an organ of papal government.
Just the other day I read a Christian interpretation of John of Patmos’s Revelation where it called out the passages that say Jesus slaughters the unfaithful so horrifically that their blood reaches to the level of Jesus’s horse’s bridles for a distance of 200 miles.

Different theologies and interpretations are much feared on TOL. The system of giving a poster “reps” proves this fact.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
WEDNESDAY ADDAMS--

Is that what is going on in Islam?

Is the Muslim religion composed of a conflict between the literalist fundamentalists and those members who accept the values and morality of the new emerging global culture?

everready

And it was Protestants that killed Catholics and other Protestants too. What is your point?

They may have called themselves Protestants but they weren't Christians.

I John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

everready

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
When Muslims spearhead the fight against terrorism, then I will respect Islam as a world religion. Until then, they are complicit sympathizers and share the guilt with murderers.

Police your own or face extinction.
Christians are nice until they are not.

CherubRam

When Muslims spearhead the fight against terrorism, then I will respect Islam as a world religion. Until then, they are complicit sympathizers and share the guilt with murderers.

Police your own or face extinction.
Christians are nice until they are not.

Good point, but there are Muslims fighting against terrorist.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Good point, but there are Muslims fighting against terrorist.

I do not doubt that and good for them.
The others? Ship 'em out!
They are the Cloud that hides the guilty; a deliberate fog of war, and there are plenty of ways they show who they are.

There are those who want an Islamic State. That is not religion, that is treason. Get them out by whatever means necessary.

There are those who sympathize with brothers who want an Islamic State. That is not religion that is treason. Get them out by whatever means necessary.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
This is now the tipping point of whether Islam can or cannot survive. We've got their number now! We know what they want and we will not give it to them.

Either they get hold of their own system and strangle the extremists or we will do it for them. And just as we were relentless in two world wars, we will be relentless now.

This is the point at which western culture will, from here on, vote overwhelmingly for hard line politicians who will take decisive action. Unfortunately, in Canada, we just elected another impotent liberal so we have to wait while Canada, again, as usual, contributes little. It will be different 4 years from now.

bybee

I do not doubt that and good for them.
The others? Ship 'em out!
They are the Cloud that hides the guilty; a deliberate fog of war, and there are plenty of ways they show who they are.

There are those who want an Islamic State. That is not religion, that is treason. Get them out by whatever means necessary.

There are those who sympathize with brothers who want an Islamic State. That is not religion that is treason. Get them out by whatever means necessary.
Amen Brother!

Interplanner

I have never heard or read any such thing.

There were quite a few conflicts between protestant and Catholic after the Reformation. This was true as long as the mistake of state churches or combined governmental powers was still going on.

One of the features of the Reformers (which had wide agreement) was that the Pope was antichrist. To deflect this an eschatology was developed by a Jesuit priest that 'solved' it. It said that everything would happen in Israel and AC would be a Jewish traitor figure. And it would all be in the future. This became popular with the Brethren movement, who were very concerned about the protestant-Catholic friction.

You have to understand that, whether those points were true or not, it was welcomed in the 1800s with quite a bit of enthusiasm because it ended the ongoing friction between protestants and Catholics.

Interplanner

The insurmountable doctrinal problems of Islam are 1, that it is not reformable, and 2, the doctrine of al-Taqia allows for the kind of infiltration that throws the whole thing wide open to suspicion. Al-Taqia means something like 'advantageous deception'--the follower can even deny being a Muslim if there is later value for Islam in doing so. It explains why apparently very nice people are sent to perform the worst of acts. I forget the year, but a few years after 2001 several Muslim doctors were apprehended on a plot to bring down several airliners departing London for north America. As I recall, there were chemical acts involved and it was to take place right after departure; Britain was the target.