Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Make sure it's a legit question, not something like 'how many people have you bombed?'

If you ever did have a question, I'll be happy to help and if I can't I'll try and direct you to the right place.

I've analysed Christianity quite a lot. From trinity to the resurrection, Paul etc. I can talk to you about why I don't believe in Christianity.

Ultimately, we accept all of the prophets of the O.T. We believe John the Baptist was a prophet, and Jesus was the messiah, God's Word, a prophet who delivered the gospel (the original message from his mouth) and that he will rule the earth as the king of kings in the Messianic age. We also believe he was born of Virgin Mary (who is esteemed as the most Holy woman to walk the earth, by Muslims).
Our fundamental difference is that we just don't think God is a trinity, and we don't believe he died for our sins.

This is identical to the Islamic declaration of faith, and was certainly the same for the time of Jesus:
'Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.'
Eternal life for Islam is 'there is only one God, and Muhammad is the messenger/whom God has sent'.

bybee

Make sure it's a legit question, not something like 'how many people have you bombed?'

If you ever did have a question, I'll be happy to help and if I can't I'll try and direct you to the right place.

I've analysed Christianity quite a lot. From trinity to the resurrection, Paul etc. I can talk to you about why I don't believe in Christianity.

Ultimately, we accept all of the prophets of the O.T. We believe John the Baptist was a prophet, and Jesus was the messiah, God's Word, a prophet who delivered the gospel (the original message from his mouth) and that he will rule the earth as the king of kings in the Messianic age. We also believe he was born of Virgin Mary (who is esteemed as the most Holy woman to walk the earth, by Muslims).
Our fundamental difference is that we just don't think God is a trinity, and we don't believe he died for our sins.

This is identical to the Islamic declaration of faith, and was certainly the same for the time of Jesus:
'Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.'
Eternal life for Islam is 'there is only one God, and Muhammad is the messenger/whom God has sent'.

If you are here to attempt to manipulate around the direct statements in the Qur'an go elsewhere!
Your objections to Christianity are none of my business.

Wick Stick

Where are you from? What country do you live in now?

Were you born into a Muslim family or did you convert? If converted, what was your original faith (if any)?

My understanding is that under Shariah law, Islam once tolerated the religious
practice of other "peoples of the book," namely Jews and Christians. Today it does not. What changed or went wrong?

Do you think that Christianity and Islam can co-exist in a single country under Christian law? Under Shariah law? Under the laws of current European nations which are neither Christian nor Muslim?

Thanks in advance,

Jarrod

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
If you are here to attempt to manipulate around the direct statements in the Qur'an go elsewhere!
Your objections to Christianity are none of my business.

Since you're a moderator, am I actually allowed to do this thread? :confused:

No I hope to give you a good answer tbh, I'm not among those 'taqiyya' peeps the media scare you about.

bybee

Since you're a moderator, am I actually allowed to do this thread? :confused:

No I hope to give you a good answer tbh, I'm not among those 'taqiyya' peeps the media scare you about.

Yes, as far as it goes this is potentially a good and helpful thread subject.
We have been plagued in the past by Islamic apologists who start out being civil and wind up being not so civil.
I wish you well and hope that you will be helpful.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Where are you from? What country do you live in now?

Were you born into a Muslim family or did you convert? If converted, what was your original faith (if any)?

My understanding is that under Shariah law, Islam once tolerated the religious
practice of other "peoples of the book," namely Jews and Christians. Today it does not. What changed or went wrong?

Do you think that Christianity and Islam can co-exist in a single country under Christian law? Under Shariah law? Under the laws of current European nations which are neither Christian nor Muslim?

Thanks in advance,

Jarrod

Born and raised in England. Educated at a very English place, went to a very traditional English university.
I did give the other faiths my best shot, and I studied some great content too, i.e resurrection of Jesus being the best.

Shariah law isn't implemented properly today, Saudi Arabia and Iran are farcical evil dictatorships who claim the name of Shariah.

You are very correct there, Shariah law does have a rich history with Jews and Christians.

The prophet Muhammad in shariah stated:
“He who hurts a dhimmi [a non-Muslim under Muslim protection] hurts me.”
“He who harms a person under covenant, or charged him more than he can, I will argue against him on the Day of Judgement.”

A monk stated of the harmony between the Christians and the muslims:
'the Christians and the Pagans [i.e. Muslims] have this kind of peace between them there that if I was going on a journey, and on the way the camel or donkey which bore my poor luggage were to die, and I was to abandon all my goods without any guardian, and go to the city for another pack animal, when I came back, I would find all my property uninjured: such is the peace there.' (from the book by Walker, Islam and the West).

Thomas Arnold, the historian, stated of Christians that they 'called down blessings on the heads of the Muslims.'

From a Qur'anic perspective, we're meant to live in harmony and get to know one another, thus respect the rule of the country..
“People, We created you all from a single man and a single woman, and made you into races and tribes so that you should recognize one another. In God’s eyes, the most honoured of you are the ones most mindful of Him: God is all knowing, all aware.”

Unfortunately, muslims have kind of regressed in their understanding and consciousness of the religion. Remember the time of the Islamic revolution in terms of knowledge? Yeah, I don't remember either because it was hundreds of years ago :crackup:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
how many people have you bombed?

when you guys type "pbuh" do you realize you sound retarded?

if i post a pic of Mohammed, will you go off the deep end?

Jamie Gigliotti

What confirms that Jesus is all that He says He is, that the New Testament is the truth for some of us is the loving indescribably good presence of the Holy Spirit that fills us.

What confirms Islam's truth for you?

What inhibits the possibility of the Father and Jesus and the Holy Spirit from possessing oneness and in essence the same essence?

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
how many people have you bombed?

when you guys type "pbuh" do you realize you sound retarded?

if i post a pic of Mohammed, will you go off the deep end?

The question is, how many toilets have I bombed after a vindaloo.

PBUH is just a shortened term for Peace Be Upon Him. It's just the level of reverence we have towards the prophets, our relationship with our God is our own and the way it sounds to others is thus the concern of man, not God.
With that said, I am guilty of not writing it after the names of prophets out of laziness, woe to me.

No I wont, I'd prefer if you didn't though lol. Honestly, we are against pictures of Jesus also as they're both equal in standing (although Jesus has more functions than Muhammad being Christos). I believe religion should be kept on respectful terms as let's face it, it's a topic that's dear to our hearts. The Qur'an also instructs: 'Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.'. Those who fall short are trolls, and I think conversations about God deserves far better.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

What, according to you, is the reason many Christians see your faith through the lenses of fear and condemnation--even though the violent aspect is part of Christianity as well?

There are plenty of people in America who confront Islam in the same spirit of confrontation as we do any other religion--on its own terms.

That said, I would especially like hearing from you on these issues:

1.Mohammed as a child molester, supposedly proved true by the Koran.
2. Islam as a religion of war against all “unbelievers” as shown clearly in the Koran.
3. The idea that the “Califate’s” only purpose is to kill everyone who is not a Muslim.

iouae

I get the feeling that you put the good you do in your lifetime on one side of a scale, and bad things on the other side, and whichever side is heavier that is where you go in the afterlife.

Is there any mechanism for forgiveness of sin apart from through doing good or something extreme?

One gets the feeling that folks are duped by promising that if they die doing jihad, this somehow absolves sin and takes one straight to heaven. Does the Koran teach this?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I get the feeling that you put the good you do in your lifetime on one side of a scale, and bad things on the other side, and whichever side is heavier that is where you go in the afterlife.

Is there any mechanism for forgiveness of sin apart from through doing good or something extreme?

One gets the feeling that folks are duped by promising that if they die doing jihad, this somehow absolves sin and takes one straight to heaven. Does the Koran teach this?
Great question, iouae!

6days

The Qu'ran says that the Injil, Torah and Psalms were given step by step by Allah. The Qu'ran also says that Allah will protect his word from corruption. Muhammad also gave high praise to Christian scripture. So, why do most Muslims claim our scripture is corrupted?

Surely if Mohammad gave our scripture high praise, as well as the Qu'ran.....you must also believe our that our Christian scripture has been accurately preserved? Surely if accurate Christian scripture is described in the Qu'ran, it was also preserved in some of the great Muslim libraries in Europe?

Also...perhaps the reasons Muslims are confused about Bible corruption is because the Qu'ran says that "some" people of the Book were corrupted, or corrupted their copies, but the Qu'ran never says that God's Word / Bible is corrupted.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Also the Qur'an denies that God was Jesus' father.

Yes, the Qur'an does deny that. There are some important aspects to consider:
1. The landscape of the Qur'anic revelations
a. Pre-Islamic Arabia was a pagan society. They had left the religion of Abrahamic monotheism some 200 years prior to the advent of Islam. Calling God the Father of the Son Jesus would have been easily misunderstood, and for a final revelation between God and man, there needs to be no room for alternative interpretations.
To emphasise the depth of interpretation Arabia would go to, there were actually 'muslims' who went on to believe that the Islamic God was in a trinity with Muhammad and one of the companions.

2. The Qur'an takes a polemical approach to the people of the time of revelation, and invokes people to think on a more logical sense, and asks how is it that God would beget a son? Beget would mean to have a wife. So there's a line God crosses when it comes to what this means.

3. All over the Old Testament, we see that God has many sons, even David was called God's Son who God had 'begotten'. People were called sons of God who were of high status and believed, in the eyes of God.
Jesus then will be a unique Son of God, it's fair to say..as he is not a mere man, but Christ.

4. When referring to Jesus, God said He breathed onto Mary His spirit. This can be seen as though Mary begat a son through God, but the Qur'an denies what was the understanding of the Arabs of 'begetting'.

alwight

Today we learnt the not so sad news that Mohammed Emwazi aka 'Jihadi John' had been targeted and was probably killed by a US drone strike.
He was a British subject and latterly a video front man for the so-called "Islamic State", who was mainly notorious for his heartless and inhuman beheadings of apparently innocent hostages.

Some people say it would have been better had 'Jihadi John' been captured and put on trial for crimes against humanity. Personally I think the expense of a drone was far more than he was worth but nevertheless it was a job well worth doing.

Will 'Jihadi John' now become an Islamic martyr, assuming that the US drone did get him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34805924