Muslim Bakers and Photographers

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Muslim and the LGBTQ movement have so much in common:

An absolute HATRED of Christianity, and ahem...'love' of little boys and girls.

All the hatred and bigotry does appear to come from you.
Such 'Christian love' as yours I have never before witnessed in my life.

Yet another person who is taking my 4 part thread on the recriminalization of homosexuality a tad bit hard. You and your secular humanist allies promote a culture of death, Christians promote a culture of life.
If you want more evidence, you know where it can be found (in that 4 part thread that you're taking a tad bit hard).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree. You haven't seen anything else from me.
I know.
Bless you.

You only quoted my first sentence. I'd be interested to hear your response to the rest of my post.
We can talk about other deviants.
St. Augustine married a 10 year old girl.

We cannot speculate on how old Mary was, as scripture never gives her age.

But we definitely know how old Muhammad's wife was ----- 6 years old.
Celebrated as the the greatest love story ever told.

And while it is claimed that their marriage was not consummated till she was 9 years old, he still molested her between the age of 6 and 9.
This molestation was not penetration, but what they called 'thighing'
Spoiler
a practice of sticking your manhood between her thighs and 'massaging' her private area.

6 years old!!!!!!!

There is no doubt or speculation about Muhammad (piss be upon him).
He was definitely a sexually perverted child molester.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A 6 year old little girl.
He was defiantly a pervert.

Notice that Tambora didn't reply to the entire post. She simply quoted what's in red.

~~~Meh
It was probably seen as a high honor for her parents to to marry their daughter to him. You all seem to labor under the presumption that Mohammad was just some 'pervert', but it was about merging families which was a primary gambit of marriage in those times.

I think what you all perpetuate in this regard is foolish. It makes Christians look ridiculous because no matter how you rationalize it, you are, in fact, teaming your new age biases against ancient custom.
~~~

You see, they just appealing to new age bias, where alleged sexual crimes are the new murder, and then trying to put it to a family who married their daughter to who was deemed a holy prophet- the highest honor a family could receive, they turned into 'pedo'.

I mean it's not hard to see the ravenous nature of people like that, who can't fight the real fight so they sit there as vain prosecutors.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

If you can read this post I'll provide numerous examples of Christian bakers, florists, innkeepers, photographers and other businesses that were targeted by the ever so tolerant LGBTQueer movement for failing to sell out God and bow to their perversion.
Now all that you have to do rex (provided you don't have me on ignore again and can read this) is show a case or two where Muslim business owners who denied sodomites service were brought up on criminal charges and/or sued in civil court.

300 Examples You Have to Read to Understand the Term ‘Homofascism’
http://barbwire.com/2014/07/07/300-examples-read-understand-meant-term-homofascism/

Why would I have to do that? It's the contention of some on this thread that Muslim service providers get away with a bigotry that Christians aren't permitted. For that to be true, you'd have to uncover a pattern of behavior. You haven't found a single example. You're all just speculating about what would happen based on your persecution complexes.

So you're acknowledging that (as shown in the link above) Christian business owners have been and are continuing to be harassed by your ever so tolerant LGBTQ movement for not selling out their Christian beliefs, but want proof that Muslim business owners who have turned away homosexuals aren't?

For the record though, just so we're clear about it, if you're Christian, Jewish, Muslim, atheist, or anything else, you can't refuse to provide a service to someone on the basis of their sexual orientation. Period.

"The record" has already been established when it comes to showing what Christian business owners are subjected to if they dare deny sodomites a certain service because it goes against their Christian faith.

If you need me to go over each case in the link above, I'll gladly do so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Notice that Tambora didn't reply to the entire post. She simply quoted what's in red.

~~~Meh
It was probably seen as a high honor for her parents to to marry their daughter to him. You all seem to labor under the presumption that Mohammad was just some 'pervert', but it was about merging families which was a primary gambit of marriage in those times.

I think what you all perpetuate in this regard is foolish. It makes Christians look ridiculous because no matter how you rationalize it, you are, in fact, teaming your new age biases against ancient custom.
~~~

You see, they just appealing to new age bias, where alleged sexual crimes are the new murder, and then trying to put it to a family who married their daughter to who was deemed a holy prophet- the highest honor a family could receive, they turned into 'pedo'.

I mean it's not hard to see the ravenous nature of people like that, who can't fight the real fight so they sit there as vain prosecutors.
Notice that our resident wuss of a woman hater is trying his best to make the molestation of a 6 year old little girl as honorable behavior.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

~~~Meh

~~~

Why am I not surprised that an ardent defender of the pedophile infested LGBTQ movement just praised a religion where it's 49 year old false prophet (may pi...) married a 6 year old girl and raped consummated the marriage when she was the ripe old age of 9.

0a3049V.jpg

ClimateSanity

I think I hurt his/her feelings.

That wouldn't answer my question, so I'd interpret that as avoiding it.

Why would I have to do that? It's the contention of some on this thread that Muslim service providers get away with a bigotry that Christians aren't permitted. For that to be true, you'd have to uncover a pattern of behavior. You haven't found a single example. You're all just speculating about what would happen based on your persecution complexes.

For the record though, just so we're clear about it, if you're Christian, Jewish, Muslim, atheist, or anything else, you can't refuse to provide a service to someone on the basis of their sexual orientation. Period.

I know this is pretty hard for you to believe, but they just want to be treated like everybody else, and not arbitrarily excluded and humiliated because of who they are.

That's exactly backwards. The "Christian community" generally has had it out for LGBTQ people literally for as long as there have been Christians. It's only recently in the US and some other places that the political systems have started to protect LGBTQ people's rights, and their lives. This is new for a lot of Christians, but it's no different from how civil rights legislation protects people of racial, ethnic, and yes even religious minorities. But if you're privileged enough, equality feels like oppression.

Why did a baker single out gay people for discrimination. That's a far more important question. If the baker had done what the baker was supposed to do, it never would have even been an issue.

Again, it's not a double-standard unless you can actually show the other standard that some people are being held to. You cannot, so you're just speculating and expecting that the rest of us are going to feel badly about a hypothetical that hasn't even happened.

So you do have a specific example? When or where did it happen? When was a Muslim baker allowed to practice discrimination against gay people?

It's really amazing to me that you can feel that this is unfair to you. Any of these businesses that refused service to gay people chose to do that, knowing that they were likely breaking the law. What has happened to them since is entirely their doing, just as paying restitution is the consequence of destroying your neighbor's property, and just as going to jail is the consequence of robbing a liquor store. You don't have immunity to discriminate, that was never unclear to any of these bigoted business owners, and they chose to ignore the fact.

The Baker didn't single out gay people for discrimination . You asked for proof Christians were singled out as opposed to other religions. I gave you proof. Too bad your such a sore loser you had to change the subject to save face. Christians are not the only people who are repulsed by the idea of doing something that advocates for homosexuality. If they had tried a Muslim Baker, they would face discrimination there or worse. That's the whole point of this thread. This Baker did not set out to prohibit gays from his establishment or even to bake them a cake. He would have gladly provided either. He has no obligation to put a certain decoration on his cake. That is his prerogative. To force him to do so at penalty of losing his business and financial well being is fascism.

Again,. Why didn't the fascist seek out a Muslim who would surely have refused to decorate the cake to their dictates? That's the point of this thread and I'm sorry your such a loser as to refuse to see the obvious.

rexlunae

So you're acknowledging that (as shown in the link above) Christian business owners have been and are continuing to be harassed by your ever so tolerant LGBTQ movement for not selling out their Christian beliefs, but want proof that Muslim business owners who have turned away homosexuals aren't?

It's not harassment to request a service that is supposedly being offered. And it's also not harassment to engage all legal options if those services are illegally refused.

"The record" has already been established when it comes to showing what Christian business owners are subjected to if they dare deny sodomites a certain service because it goes against their Christian faith.

If you need me to go over each case in the link above, I'll gladly do so.

That's so close to what I asked for, I can see why you got confused. So close. But the way he's framing his request isn't the same. I have maintained, and the courts have generally agreed, that while a gay couple has a right to expect the same services from a business as any other couple, the business maintains the right to what you could call editorial control as far as content; that is, the business owner cannot be compelled to write a message or draw an image that they don't agree with. That would be compelled speech, and the First Amendment protects the business from it. And the business owner's refusal doesn't seem to occur until the guy starts insisting on the content. However, what Christian businesses have gotten in trouble for is the refusal to perform a service, regardless of content, on the same terms as other couples. That's the important difference.

So in other words, if you go into a bakery that's open to the public and ask for the very same cake as another customer, the shop is generally obligated to serve it to you on the same terms as other people, regardless of any attributes of your identity. But you can't force them to put a message on it that they don't agree to or offer to other people.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Notice that our resident wuss of a woman hater is trying his best to make the molestation of a 6 year old little girl as honorable behavior.

That's all you have is rhetoric.
The historical context of Mohammad and Aisha is an entirely different thing then what you all have made it be. How about Mary being sixteen years old and Joseph being a grown man? That's considered bad in today's society, but I don't see you having any qualms with that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Art Brain's mental illness is rubbing off on you Sandy. Phil Robertson worships the same God as I do,

This comment “You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks,” tells me all I need to know about Phil and his encouragement of grown men to target teenage girls under the guise of marriage.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What a couple of morons, seriously.

That's what it all boils down to in their minds- which have a depth knee high to an ant :rolleyes:

rexlunae

The Baker didn't single out gay people for discrimination .

This one? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/01/anti-gay-marriage-oregon-bakery-refuses-to-pay

Yes, they did.

You asked for proof Christians were singled out as opposed to other religions. I gave you proof.

What are you talking about? You haven't provided a single case on either side of the issue.

Too bad your such a sore loser you had to change the subject to save face. Christians are not the only people who are repulsed by the idea of doing something that advocates for homosexuality. If they had tried a Muslim Baker, they would face discrimination there or worse.

Ok, so prove it.

That's the whole point of this thread. This Baker did not set out to prohibit gays from his establishment or even to bake them a cake.

Yes, they did. Or at least, they refused to provide a cake of any description for a gay wedding.

He would have gladly provided either. He has no obligation to put a certain decoration on his cake. That is his prerogative. To force him to do so at penalty of losing his business and financial well being is fascism.

I agree there. And, in case your memory is failing you, no one has forced Christians to write a particular message on a cake, nor penalized them for failing to do so.

https://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAssets/pages/press/BOLI Sweet Cakes Interim Order.pdf

Again,. Why didn't the fascist seek out a Muslim who would surely have refused to decorate the cake to their dictates? That's the point of this thread and I'm sorry your such a loser as to refuse to see the obvious.

Any number of reasons are possible, and you're assuming that the case in question, which you haven't specified, was picked out by activists. At least in the well-known Oregon case, the bakery was chosen by the couple because the had been customers there in the past. It didn't originate as a chosen case of activism, but rather an organic interaction in the ordinary world of commerce. Sheer probability explains why it was a Christian-owned shop and not Muslim-owned.

But you find it easier to assume that you're being deliberately targeted. Which you aren't. It just so happens that most Americans are Christians, and homophobia is more common in religious people, so most of the cases that come up are going to involve Christians. And nearly all of the homophobia activists in the country are Christians.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Muslims haven't been targeted by liberals period. And neither conservative Jews for that matter.

It's Christians who have been in the cross hairs, and when you have cases where it is ridiculously obvious that they made it a point to single out Christianity, you have a sheer probability that most of these incidences in general are not random.

Liberals have a way of trivializing things in one regard, and maximizing them in others. You'll see it clear as day with this subject of Muslim bakers, where they WILL reject any homosexual marriage cake and likely have many times- but you don't see these people treating them in such a way.

The simple fact of the matter is that it is a war against Christianity and nothing less. I'm tired of hearing the excuses and weak rationalizations when it's plain as day.

gcthomas

This comment “You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks,” tells me all I need to know about Phil and his encouragement of grown men to target teenage girls under the guise of marriage.

Marrying a 15 year old would be illegal in many Muslim countries, where legal ages are typically 16 and 18. Compare that to the US, where one state allows thirteen year old girls to marry, and others allow the legal limits of 15 to be waived by a judge if they think it is good for the child.

Child marriage isn't solely a problem for Muslims, the Christians ought to look to their own back yards.

Jose Fly

So in other words, if you go into a bakery that's open to the public and ask for the very same cake as another customer, the shop is generally obligated to serve it to you on the same terms as other people, regardless of any attributes of your identity. But you can't force them to put a message on it that they don't agree to or offer to other people.

It's the difference between a customer saying "I'd like cake #4 from your catalog", and "I'd like a custom cake with the words 'God hates red heads'" written on the top".

If someone doesn't understand the legal difference between those two, they've removed themselves from the group of people able to discuss the subject.