Madists

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You are the one who is not listening.

There is no way around the Truth.

If man did not have free will, then God would not have needed to harden Pharaoh.

It disproves Calvinism, not proves it.

Where is it stated that God didn't have control of Pharaoh in the first place?

It was simply a revelation of God's sovereignty.

Deal with it. Do you think Augustine and Calvin were that stupid- the most prominent theologian in Christian history, and the leader of the Reformation. I mean, get over yourself bro, they knew what they were talking about. It ain't called Reformed Christianity for nothing :chuckle:

God's Truth

Where is it stated that God didn't have control of Pharaoh in the first place?

The scripture from God shows that man has free will and that is why God hardened Pharaoh because He did not want him to listen to Moses.

If God controls everything anyone thinks, says, and does...then God would not need to interfere with His own making of Pharaoh who was going to listen to Moses.

God hardened Pharaoh so that he would not listen is proof that he had a free will.

It was simply a revelation of God's sovereignty.
Deal with it. Do you think Augustine and Calvin were that stupid-

Satan entraps people to believe false doctrines and preach it.

the most prominent theologian in Christian history, and the leader of the Reformation :chuckle:

You are too in awe of educated men. God hid His Truth from the wise and learned and revealed it to little children.

You should not have looked to men for the truth.

You should have searched the words of God and did what Jesus says, and then he would have revealed the Truth to you.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
John-Calvin-Providence-Facets-of-Grace.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you write the words of God instead of that ensnared man's?

Because I don't need to :idunno:

Calvinism explains the whole Bible- I ought to just direct you to Biblia.com :chuckle:

An easier way would be to put up even one single verse you think refutes the Reformed tradition :plain:

God's Truth

Because I don't need to :idunno:

Calvinism explains the whole Bible- I ought to just direct you to Biblia.com :chuckle:

And easier way would be to put up even one single verse you think refutes the Reformed tradition :plain:

I have told you a scripture that refutes Calvinism, but you refuse to believe the Word.

You depended on Calvin to show you the way.

You should have went through Jesus.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I have told you a scripture that refutes Calvinism, but you refuse to believe the Word.

Calvinism explains that your free will cannot possibly be 'free' in the true sense of freedom because it is tainted by sin.
It is depraved, you see, and can only choose good with the assistance of grace.

That's what the T in Tulip stands for: Total Depravity

You depended on Calvin to show you the way.

I saw that your doctrines decide God rather than God deciding you.

God's Truth

Calvinism explains that your free will cannot possibly be 'free' in the true sense of freedom because it is tainted by sin.

That makes no sense. You claim God makes us sin, and now you say our freewill can't be free because we sin.

It is depraved, you see, and can only choose good with the assistance of grace.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Give the scripture that says that.

That's what the T in Tulip stands for: Total Depravity

Not all are totally depraved.

I saw that your doctrines decide God rather than God deciding you.

God chooses those who believe and obey Him.

That is what the scriptures say.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That makes no sense. You claim God makes us sin, and now you say our freewill can't be free because we sin.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Give the scripture that says that.

Where to begin :think:

Here you go:

Man is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:20)
He does not seek for God (Romans 3:10-12)
He cannot understand the Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:14)
He has enmity with God, just as Eve (Ephesians 2:15)
He is a child of wrath (Ephesians. 2:3)

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified (Romans 8:28-30)

Madism doesn't see the real meaning of scripture.
Paul was a Calvinist before Calvinism; Calvinism is built on all the biblical authors :)

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

clefty

I agreed with your first part but am wondering about the second part. You put down others and claim they are Catholic when they are not, so why are you speaking of purgatory?

The second part is revealing the origin of this belief of "saved once despite anything" and their similar absurdities...kinda like comparing Christmas with Easter...both being, you know, well intended counterfeiting...

Kinda like the comparing "Jesus is the Sabbath day" to "Sabbath is the Sunday"

Or Paul's calling His days He created for His people worthless instead of pagan holidaze and customs...

One comes from the other...

clefty

You are not making sense this time.
We are talking about the filthy rag scripture and it is about BLOOD.
It is about a dirty blood offering.
It is NOT about people obeying. It is about people NOT obeying and then giving a required blood offering.

Ummm yes the blood sacrifices were a symbolic of the works of requirement of the saved but failing to actually make us saved...

These works merely reveal the desire of the one doing them to be saved by the One who commissioned the work to do by those saved...you ascribe magical power to the blood itself or the ritual and that is idolatry worse than just filthy rags...

You can't make holy with filthy rags...ONY HE CAN MAKE HOLY...all His ceremonies were merely symbolic worthless in an of themselves to make one saved...they were done by those who believed they were already saved by HIM and Him alone not for what they did...faith first then works...and out of gratitude or He will hate them too

So got it? Our attempts to earn merit pay buy through works is filthy rags for only HE can make us righteous and help keep us that way...the works help in the after becoming saved part...as witness and testimony that we were saved BY HIM

clefty

They were returning to weak and meagerly ways, and those ways are the observance of special days.

His days His ways were what He thought best and you dare call them weak and meagerly? They were a proud and stubborn people and were returning to their own holidaze...done prior ever knowing God or being known by Him

Stop adding to the Word.

clefty

You don't remember what you said? You said we have to obey to get saved and you told me to deal with it that you admit it.

We do have to obey...no one comes to the One who actually SAVES us unless the Father draws him...

We have to obey the leading and prompting by His Spirit to hear and believe having tested all things and realized only this is GOOD...

Make a path to the door in order to open it and let Him in...we must repent and die to ourselves...

clefty

Where to begin :think:

Here you go:

He does not seek for God (Romans 3:10-12)
He cannot understand the Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:14)
He has enmity with God, just as Eve (Ephesians 2:15)
He is a child of wrath (Ephesians. 2:3)

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified (Romans 8:28-30)

Madism doesn't see the real meaning of scripture.
Paul was a Calvinist before Calvinism; Calvinism is built on all the biblical authors :)

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Adam and Eve were free to choose and we are free to believe...you all this...me something different

What is love unless it is freely given...bought or forced is not love...

Sin doesn't prevent us from choosing otherwise...

Even He chose "Not My will but Thine be done"...is why the struggle...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Adam and Eve were free to choose and we are free to believe...you all this...me something different

And what evidence to you have of that?

That Tree of Knowledge- what a thing to have looming around, foreknowing what will come of it_

I'll tell you this:
It is said of Judas that it would have been better for him to have never been born- so what does one say of our very existence?

clefty

And what evidence to you have of that?

That Tree of Knowledge- what a thing to have looming around, foreknowing what will come of it_
what better way to test free will...fortunate fall I say...now all of creation can see the grace and mercy of Him never having been seen before as there was no need to see it...it was revealed to its fullest at the cross

I'll tell you this:
It is said of Judas that it would have been better for him to have never been born- so what does one say of our very existence?

We betray and thus reveal Him the merciful and just...but repentant and obedient we will be reconciled unless we choose otherwise...as Judas did...

He made a choice that should teach us...thank you Judas...thank Him

HalleluYah

God's Truth

Where to begin

Nowhere in the Bible does it say God saves unbelievers.
Give the scripture that says He does.

Here you go:

You should have read the scriptures before that one.

The scripture says plainly that the gospel message they heard enticed them to obey---NOWHERE does it say God saved them first and that caused them to believe and obey.

17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

The doctrine that changed them is the message that saves:

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

WE MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD TO HAVE FAITH.

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11. In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Paul says that God made the prophetic writings known so that all nations might believe and obey. So again, the word of God tells us that faith comes from hearing. Here are more scriptures that explain how we have to HEAR the message that saves: Acts 8:31: 10:14; 11:14; 16:31; John 9:36; Ephesians 1:13; 4:21; Titus 1:3; Colossians 1:5; 1:23.

I have proven with scripture where our faith comes from and NOWHERE anywhere are we told that God saved us first giving the Holy Spirit to us so that we can believe and obey.

Calvinism is a false doctrine that goes against the Truth.