Madists

God's Truth

I never said that and you know it. Can you not understand that a person's own efforts to establish his own righteousness is futile. Here is what Paul says about the moral law:

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:19-20).​

The moral law shows a man that he is guilty of breaking that law so therefore no one will be justified in the eyes of the LORD by doing good works:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us" (Titus 3:5).​

You are going against me for obeying and you compared it to a filthy rag.

So explain how obeying God is as a filthy rag.

I keep explaining those scriptures to you that Paul says but you do not understand them.

Tell me why Peter says people do not understand Paul.

What did they not understand?

Explain that why don't you?

God's Truth

Right Divider and Jerry Shuggardt cannot explain God's Word.

Maybe they don't know Him.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Jerry Shugart

You are going against me for obeying and you compared it to a filthy rag.

That is not what I said and you know it.

I said that a person's own righteousness is compared to a filthy rag and I quoted Scriptures to prove it.

Explain that why don't you?

I believe Paul and you deny what He says here:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

According to you the gospel by itself saves no one. So when Paul says that is is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes you deny that truth!

It is beyond me how you can say with a straight face that you believe Paul when you prove that you don't!

God's Truth

That is not what I said and you know it.

I said that a person's own righteousness is compared to an filthy rag and I quoted Scriptures to prove it.

That scripture does not say our own righteousness is as a filthy rag.

I already KNOW WHAT YOU said. I also responded to what you said.

Now YOU go and respond to what I said.

I believe Paul and you deny what He says here:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

According to you the gospel by itself saves no one. So when Paul says that is is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes you deny that truth!

It is beyond me how you can say with a straight face that you believe Paul when you prove that you don't!

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he will save.

Jesus says he saves those who obey him.

God's Truth

Jerry Shugardt and Right Divider like to post insults and scriptures to me that they do not understand and take off.

Why should the man in Corinthians be handed over to Satan so that his spirit could be saved?

That one scripture, the Word of God, can wipe away both your false doctrines.

That is why you are afraid of it.

God's Truth

Here is another scripture that Madists and all faith alone people refuse to answer:

What was it that people misunderstand that Paul teaches?

HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAA!

2 Peter 3:16 and 17.

What is Peter saying people misunderstand Paul about?

clefty

WHAT does he believe?

:french:

What Abraham and David did...Satan believes in God...just as Abraham did...Satan knows He is the creator and sustainer and life...why even his was preserved when he rebelled and was cast out of heaven but given his own planet to rule...

Satan also knows and believes as David does how righteousness is imputed through faith

He does everything he can to distract and distance anyone from making that life changing choice...

Satan also knows Yahushua was the Son of God and Savior and had the power to heal and transform any who would but just believe...he also knows scripture and prophecy...

Satan believes more than any on TOL as he as actually seen it all himself...

He knew the plan of salvation, knew it would occur, believed in the DBR long before anyone else did...

And yet what? What does all this faith and belief and understanding profit him?

clefty

Now you're "Anti-Semitic" too??

Typical ain't it? Disagree with the Jew and it screams "RACIST!"

Cries out when it slaps you...

Perhaps goyim should wake up and scream the same of yours "ANTI-GER!" when you disagree with us and stand with your own...why you hate goys so much?

Sadly we don't have the mass programming so we best stick to what our Saviour said "snakes, brood of vipers, hypocrites, liars, Satan the Father of"

But even Mel Gibson can't stick to the text with Passion...on the very verse Jews finally take accountability...the irony

It's not surprising but to Jews why they were kicked out of so many communities...

clefty

You think I got jokes now?

Working to earn our own righteousness is always filthy rags...it comes by faith through grace...

Now having received the justification we wish to obey and remain in His love...sanctification

Where he to live you would have the thief on the cross continue his theiving criminal life after what was given him on that cross by the One on the cross next to him?

clefty

The word is 'filthy rag'.
yes all our good works is if we think by them we can pay our way in...clean that which already is HOLY

The Galatians were talked into circumcision and special days worship. Go study some more.

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? "

They were CELTS never knew God or rather now God knows them...why now because they are finally keeping His law...they were not before because they were enslaved by their own customs...pagan ways are weak and worthless and elementary principles of the world...YAH's LAW IS NOT...weak worthless or a elementary principle of the world...it is of YAH...

They NEVER kept His Law so how could these CELTS return again to it? They were returning to their own pagan ways prior....

There is nothing filthy about obeying Jesus.
nor worthless even His days He gave and kept Himself even after His DBR...and instructed us to do likewise...JUST AS HE did and instructed us to do HIS FATHERS LAW btw...

You admitted earlier that we have to obey to be saved.
to stay saved...obey until the race is run and we are judged worthy for running the race to the end...endured...at the END it is here are they that KEEP the Laws of GOD and the Testimony of Jesus Christ...notice KEEP not kept and then kept something else...or kept only once...and then whatever it's grace

Obedience is not ever wrong. Get common sense.
sense ain't common...and we are not to be...

But a set apart peculiar people...sanctified by a sign...

Remember...remember what? Him His...it endures...as we should

KingdomRose

You have stated: "I don't KNOW if I'm saved."

Why is that strange, when Jesus said that it is the one who endures TO THE END that will be saved? (Matt.24:13)

No one is eternally saved right now. We are, instead, saved SO FAR. We must endure to the end of either our lives or the end of the system of things.