Madists

God's Truth

The personal righteousness of all those who did the self cleaning is described this way:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" (Isa.64:6).​

If you are depending on your own righteousness to save you then you are plum out of luck!

You have said that to me before and I explained it to you many times!!!

You want to be a teacher and act as if you can debate me and teach me something---then reply to WHAT I say!

Reply to this:

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God's Truth

The personal righteousness of all those who did the self cleaning is described this way:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" (Isa.64:6).​

If you are depending on your own righteousness to save you then you are plum out of luck!

Now get back and reply to what I said.

Tell me how obeying God is filthy!

God's Truth

The point, which you are just too proud to see, is that your obedience will NEVER earn you salvation.

Come on, tell me what the filthy rag scripture means.

Tell me what it means instead of running from God's Word.

You want to be a debater, a teacher, one with understanding...then answer the questions. Address what I say in my posts instead of merely insulting and giving your opinions.

Right Divider

Body part
Come on, tell me what the filthy rag scripture means.

Tell me what it means instead of running from God's Word.

You want to be a debater, a teacher, one with understanding...then answer the questions. Address what I say in my posts instead of merely insulting and giving your opinions.
Filthy rags are your righteousness before God. Good luck with that.

clefty

Now get back and reply to what I said.

Maybe he should use the word worthless?

You claim His days He gave for His people to worship Him are worthless...because you misuse abuse and distort Paul who was clear that pagan days are worthless not His days

And obedience to earn righteousness is filthy...

Obedience to stay righteous in and by Him is not...

God's Truth

Maybe he should use the word worthless?

The word is 'filthy rag'.

You claim His days He gave for His people to worship Him are worthless...because you misuse abuse and distort Paul who was clear that pagan days are worthless not His days
The Galatians were talked into circumcision and special days worship. Go study some more.

And obedience to earn righteousness is filthy...

There is nothing filthy about obeying Jesus.

You admitted earlier that we have to obey to be saved.

Obedience to stay righteous in and by Him is not...

Obedience is not ever wrong. Get common sense.

Jerry Shugart

I never said that and you know it. Can you not understand that a person's own efforts to establish his own righteousness is futile. Here is what Paul says about the moral law:

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:19-20).​

The moral law shows a man that he is guilty of breaking that law so therefore no one will be justified in the eyes of the LORD by doing good works:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us" (Titus 3:5).​