Madists

God's Truth

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" (Gal.2:21).​

Paul is speaking about the purification works.

Just think about it some more.

Jesus dying on the cross fulfills the purification works the Jews used to have to do with the blood of animals.

Paul is not saying obeying means nothing.

God's Truth

Ok this again...good now here again,

I said we stress God's Law and its keeping as His Son did...I didn't say why...certainly not to frustrate the grace of God...

We attempt to keep His law because we have belief and faith we are saved we are given the Grace of God...NOT to earn it, merit it, or gain salvation...but out of gratitude for what was already done for all who believe...and NOT just to have it done for us because we obey...

A new born infant breaths because it already is alive...not in order to become alive...

So breath because you are reborn..and not to be reborn...

Ok so we clear?

Faith and then the gratitude compels obedience to be more like not less like Him His way...

Like the Sabbath...we actually can't keep it...it actually keeps us...we can't make it holy it ALREADY IS...

Let me know if you need any of this clarified or repeated...

What would Jesus Do? Certainly not serve Sunday Ham...that's not Him His Father's way...

No one will get saved unless they obey Jesus.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

As for you saying that the Sabbath keeps us, show the scripture that says that.

Jesus keeps us. He is the Sabbath Rest.

clefty

No one will get saved unless they obey Jesus.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

As for you saying that the Sabbath keeps us, show the scripture that says that.

Jesus keeps us. He is the Sabbath Rest.

"And I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I am the LORD, who had set them apart to be holy."

Sabbath is the sign by which we are kept His...holy by Him...it signifies we are apart and Holy as it is...made so by the Creator of us all if we so believe...it was made for us...to do that very thing

It separates us...makes us rest...if we remember Who created it all...and made it so

It even authorizes His Lordship...as Lord of the Sabbath...

Now give me the text He is the Sabbath day rest...and not He gives us rest or is rest...but the seventh day Sabbath rest

Show the text where He replaced it? Abolished His Father's Law...His Will

God's Truth

"And I gave them my Sabbath days of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I am the LORD, who had set them apart to be holy."

Sabbath is the sign we by which we are kept His...holy by Him...

Now give me the text He is the Sabbath day rest...and not He gives us rest or is rest...but the seventh day Sabbath rest

Deal with those scriptures I gave that PROVE we have to obey BEFORE we get saved.

God's Truth

Sabbath is the sign by which we are kept His...holy by Him...it signifies we are apart and Holy as it is...made so by the Creator of us all if we so believe...

It even authorizes His Lordship...as Lord of the Sabbath...

You do not even make sense. You say the Sabbath keeps us. The scriptures do not say that.

The Sabbath is a sign.

Ezekiel 20:12 Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.

The Sabbath was about Jesus.

All holy days were about Jesus. We do not have to observe any special days; we only have to observe Jesus.

Observing special days as something one believes they have to do are weak and worthless rudimentary notions.

Observing special days were a shadow of what was coming, Jesus Christ.

See Galatians 4:9, 10; Romans 14:5; Colossians 2:16, 17; Hebrews 8:5; Hebrews 10:1.

Jesus is our Rest

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

The Sabbath is a sign.

Ezekiel 20:12 Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.

The Lord is the Spirit and the Spirit is the sign.

The Holy Spirit makes us Holy.

marhig

You'll be fine if you wear the whole armor of God...please remember He promised we would be attacked persecuted and even killed for His Name's sake...

Not ironic that Peter and Paul et al were persecuted by those who were supposed to be brothers...

Yes your right, and I know that we have to take anything set before us and suffer it whether it be abuse, and anything that happens in our lives that Satan puts us through, and we are to deny ourselves, bare our cross and follow Jesus. And whatever happens we keep our faith, obey God and do his will and he will take care of us and Satan can't touch our heart. He can only bruise our heal.

But I didn't mean me taking it, I know I'll have to take it, and not just on here but in my natural life also, which I have done, even from those close to me, but I know that the Holy Spirit will strengthen me if I truly and completely have faith and obey God, and he has done so in my life. I've forgiven everything that's been said about me on here, and i know that it's just flesh speaking, but I don't want to go down to that level where I start insulting people personally, and I've got no right to as I'm just flesh myself and the only thing saving me from my flesh is the Holy Spirit through Christ by the grace of God.

My flesh has wanted to say many things on here and join in the insulting slanging match, when I've been provoked, but I know that's not Godly so I've fought it and held back. And your right about the armour everything in the armour is for protection except for the sword of the word, which is used to put to death. So I'll wait on God to give me what to say, rather than get into a fleshly slanging match with those who fight with their flesh. That's not the way of God. It's right to speak the truth and if it prick's the heart so be it. But it isn't right to be abusive and carry on and on, insult after insult reviling others. Jesus said we are to brush the dust off our feet, and that is not to let the flesh in and remain unspotted from the world, and I will try to do that, by the strength of God. But the moment I start joining in, and be nasty will be the moment that I let Satan in. So I know that I must deny it and obey the spirit who is telling me in my heart through my conscience that it is wrong to be nasty to others in a fleshly way, and through faith and obedience
God by the spirit through Christ will strengthen me to overcome.

It's better to wait on God, and Christ Jesus says that we will be given what we need in that hour, but I know and I have witnessed that when we have complete faith, that God gives us what we need at that moment, just as he did for our Lord Jesus Christ.

So clefty, we put on our armour as you rightly say, and we use the sword, speak the truth, but we don't revile like others do. :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes your right, and I know that we have to take anything set before us and suffer it whether it be abuse, and anything that happens in our lives that Satan puts us through, and we are to deny ourselves, bare our cross and follow Jesus. And whatever happens we keep our faith, obey God and do his will and he will take care of us and Satan can't touch our heart. He can only bruise our heal.

But I didn't mean me taking it, I know I'll have to take it, and not just on here but in my natural life also, which I have done, even from those close to me, but I know that the Holy Spirit will strengthen me if I truly and completely have faith and obey God, and he has done so in my life. I've forgiven everything that's been said about me on here, and i know that it's just flesh speaking, but I don't want to go down to that level where I start insulting people personally, and I've got no right to as I'm just flesh myself and the only thing saving me from my flesh is the Holy Spirit through Christ by the grace of God.

My flesh has wanted to say many things on here and join in the insulting slanging match, when I've been provoked, but I know that's not Godly so I've fought it and held back. And your right about the armour everything in the armour is for protection except for the sword of the word, which is used to put to death. So I'll wait on God to give me what to say, rather than get into a fleshly slanging match with those who fight with their flesh. That's not the way of God. It's right to speak the truth and if it prick's the heart so be it. But it isn't right to be abusive and carry on and on, insult after insult reviling others. Jesus said we are to brush the dust off our feet, and that is not to let the flesh in and remain unspotted from the world, and I will try to do that, by the strength of God. But the moment I start joining in, and be nasty will be the moment that I let Satan in. So I know that I must deny it and obey the spirit who is telling me in my heart through my conscience that it is wrong to be nasty to others in a fleshly way, and through faith and obedience

It's better to wait on God, and Christ Jesus says that we will be given what we need in that hour, but I know and I have witnessed that when we have complete faith, that God gives us what we need at that moment, just as he did for our Lord Jesus Christ.

So clefty, we put on our armour as you rightly say, and we use the sword, speak the truth, but we don't revile like others do. :)

You sound like admonishing non-mads of this thread.

We will be judged accordingly if what we say is wrong and making accusations wrongfully.

I hardly see anything vile posts of non-mads.

I think you let Jesus judge whether we are defending our faith wrongfully or not.

peace.

musterion

God said believing the good news of 1 Cor 15:3-4 was enough to save the most benighted pagans of Paul's day. Why are you refusing to trust it? Meshak the trolls won't give an honest answer to that question and Clefty is also a known troll. You might give a straight answer. Why won't you believe it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Marhig,

I am very aware that OP is harsh.

I am also very aware that I will be judged harshly if my observation or comments are just plain vile or unjust.

I will know if my comments are out of line when the time comes.

blessings.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God said believing the good news of 1 Cor 15:3-4 was enough to save the most benighted pagans of Paul's day. Why are you refusing to trust it? Meshak the trolls won't give an honest answer to that question and Clefty is also a known troll. You might give a straight answer. Why won't you believe it?

Has Clefty been here before under another name??

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You sound like admonishing non-mads of this thread.

We will be judged accordingly if what we say is wrong and making accusations wrongfully.

I hardly see anything vile posts of non-mads.

I think you let Jesus judge whether we are defending our faith wrongfully or not.

peace.

You have NO faith. You have been saying: "I don't KNOW if I'm saved??

daqq

Too funny, and this was already refuted in your own thread:
"Why every preacher of every false gospel is accursed"

Deception. False dichotomy. Neither the Lord Jesus Christ, or the 12, ever preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, prior to its occurrence.
Why you sly, deceptive little devil. You do "don't listen to Jesus," lying hypocrite.
Sell all you have.
I though so-fraud, con artist....scammer.............

Deception. False dichotomy. Neither the Lord Jesus Christ, or the 12, ever preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, prior to its occurrence.
Why you sly, deceptive little devil. You do "don't listen to Jesus," lying hypocrite.
Sell all you have.
I though so-fraud, con artist....scammer.............

BLIND IGNORANCE of the overall context:

1 Corinthians 14:37 - 15:11 KJV
37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
01 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
02 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
03 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
04 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
05 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
06 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
07 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
08 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
09 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

See? You and the OP have cursed yourselves! Tisk, tisk . . . :chuckle:

1 Corinthians 15:11
11 Therefore whether it were I or
THEY, [THE APOSTLES] so WE PREACH, and so YOU BELIEVED.

Romans 10:6-8 - Deuteronomy 30:12-14
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?
[Deut 30:12] ( that is, to bring Christ down from above: )
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep?
[Deut 30:13] ( that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead. )
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart:
[Deut 30:14] THAT IS, THE WORD OF FAITH, WHICH WE [PAUL AND THE APOSTLES] PREACH;

:Nineveh: :nuke: :Nineveh:

And if I remember correctly Super Saint JW cursed me for posting this. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My flesh has wanted to say many things on here and join in the insulting slanging match, when I've been provoked, but I know that's not Godly so I've fought it and held back.
Jesus Christ says that if you thought it, you are already guilty even though you did not carry it out physically.
Lust = adultery, even though you did not carry it out physically.
Hate = murder, even though you did not carry it out physically.

You've got a long row to hoe if you plan on EARNING your salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ says that if you thought it, you are already guilty even though you did not carry it out physically.
Lust = adultery, even though you did not carry it out physically.
Hate = murder, even though you did not carry it out physically.

You've got a long row to hoe if you plan on EARNING your salvation.

True.