Madists

Zeke

The people were not commanded to do this, they wanted to do this.

Read this, it is during the same time:

Ananias and Sapphira

Acts 5:5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

Peter says that the LAND BELONGED TO HIM TO DO WITH IT WHAT HE WANTED. Then, after the LAND was sold---the MONEY from the land was HIS TO DO WHAT HE WANTED WITH IT.

Ananias' sin is not that he kept money, but that he LIED about it.
Why didn't Peter fall dead after Jesus called him Satan ! Just a little hypocritical on Pete to judge these two when he did far worse after a chicken crowed three time .

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

marhig

Why didn't Peter fall dead after Jesus called him Satan ! Just a little hypocritical on Pete to judge these two when he did far worse after a chicken crowed three time .

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
Christ Jesus didn't call Peter Satan, he knew that Peter was talking in the flesh and that Satan was using Peter to get to him at that moment, he was using Peter to try to tempt and test Jesus. Jesus was talking to Satan in Peter. Just like when he spoke to the devil's in legion.

Peter wasn't yet converted and he didn't have the power of the Holy spirit to overcome. Jesus said that Satan was desiring to sift Peter as wheat, but he had prayed that the father for him. Until we have the power of the Holy spirit, through Christ we can't overcome our flesh.

Just look at the difference in Peter before and after he had the strength of the spirit, he was a totally different person!

Jerry Shugart

You quote only a few verses to justify your perverted gospel?

Jesus says many things how to believe in Him.

The answer given by Paul is either the correct answer or it isn't:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

According to you Paul just forgot to add other things to what it takes to be saved!

You say that you believe what is written in the Scriptures but when it comes right down to it you deny what is said there. Now you can argue that the Lord Jesus also forgot to add some other things when He said this:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

daqq

Christ Jesus didn't call Peter Satan, he knew that Peter was talking in the flesh and that Satan was using Peter to get to him at that moment, he was using Peter to try to tempt and test Jesus. Jesus was talking to Satan in Peter. Just like when he spoke to the devil's in legion.

Peter wasn't yet converted and he didn't have the power of the Holy spirit to overcome. Jesus said that Satan was desiring to sift Peter as wheat, but he had prayed that the father for him. Until we have the power of the Holy spirit, through Christ we can't overcome our flesh.

Just look at the difference in Peter before and after he had the strength of the spirit, he was a totally different person!

And Shimon of Yohanan received three commissions from the risen Messiah:

1) "Feed my arnia-lambkins" - John 21:15
2) "Shepherd my probatia-little-sheep" - John 21:16
3) "Feed my probatia-little-sheep" - John 21:17

It may have taken more than one pen name but he fulfilled his commissions, (hehe). :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

According to you Paul just forgot to add other things to what it takes to be saved!

You say that you believe what is written in the Scriptures but when it comes right down to it you deny what is said there. Now you can argue that the Lord Jesus also forgot to add some other things when He said this:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Meshak has stated that "Paul was an anti-Christ."

KingdomRose

YOU are ignoring many things that Jesus said. He said that a person has to DO what the Father's will is, to be accepted into the Kingdom. (Matthew 7:21) It is not anyone's imagination that Jesus told us that what we DO is vitally important.

He said: "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine WORKS and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." (Matt.5:16)

His entire Sermon on the Mount is a detailed outline of how we should BEHAVE toward our fellow man.

"The demons believe and yet tremble." (James 2:19) Much more is needed than just believing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
YOU are ignoring many things that Jesus said. He said that a person has to DO what the Father's will is, to be accepted into the Kingdom. (Matthew 7:21) It is not anyone's imagination that Jesus told us that what we DO is vitally important.

He said: "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine WORKS and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens." (Matt.5:16)

His entire Sermon on the Mount is a detailed outline of how we should BEHAVE toward our fellow man.

"The demons believe and yet tremble." (James 2:19) Much more is needed than just believing.

Yes:)

musterion

You say that you believe what is written in the Scriptures but when it comes right down to it you deny what is said there.

The variable vocabulary troll consortium I refer to as the Meshak Persona has already ditched Luke and Peter. Had to, they both vouched for Paul's apostleship. That it truly believes nothing else in Scripture, including the words of Christ recorded in the four Gospels, should surprise no one.

clefty

Confirmed: Out with Ephesians 3:8-9 KJV....

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 and to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 1

Translation: I, Cleavon, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, and not studying the bible, much less the details of the book, cannot understand Ephesians 3:9 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV,..... so I will throw up a teeny bop "giggle..lol," and I will be just fine.

What was hid was revealed and to all men and for all men...but the irony that this revelation that there is no Jew or gentile IN HIM is lost on the MAD...

Who insist Jews have their own revelations...for themselves