ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

Danoh

Can you read ? That is NOT what Paul said:

2Ti 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Your diversion is just that EMPTY and meaningless. Paul was referring to the OT.

You still haven't shown from other Scripture exactly what He had been referring to.

That is exactly what the Lord did in the following...

Luke 24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Here that principle is...again..

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

And again...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

And it's result...

17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Again, what exactly is Paul talking about in the following?

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

What passages of Scripture would shed light on exactly what he was talking about?

Do you know? Yes or no?

Do you know how to search them out in the Scripture? Yes or no?

Yours in Him,

Eph. 4:16

dodge

You still haven't shown from other Scripture exactly what He had been referring to.

That is exactly what the Lord did in the following...

Luke 24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Here that principle is...again..

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

And again...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

And it's result...

17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Again, what exactly is Paul talking about in the following?

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

What passages of Scripture would shed light on exactly what he was talking about?

Do you know? Yes or no?

Do you know how to search them out in the Scripture? Yes or no?

Yours in Him,

Eph. 4:16

So if I ignore the context of this verse:

I can then make the verse in question not mean what it says ?

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesu
s.

I can then prove from other scripture that the verse above does not mean what it is saying ?

glorydaz

I don't join cults that place anyone or anything above Jesus.

You don't know the Lord has risen, do you, Dodge? You don't have a clue what it means to believe unto righteousness, do you? You don't know what it means to be a new creature. You don't even know what it means to be in the body of Christ. That's why you have no understanding of spiritual things. You are still carnal...

Now I know why you are still kicking against the goads.

dodge

You don't have a clue what I say. You don't have a clue what anyone says, because you are too enamoured with yourself.

It has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Jesus whom those in MAD seem to ignore to fawn over Paul. sadly.

dodge

You don't know the Lord has risen, do you, Dodge? You don't have a clue what it means to believe unto righteousness, do you? You don't know what it means to be a new creature. You don't even know what it means to be in the body of Christ. That's why you have no understanding of spiritual things. You are still carnal...

Now I know why you are still kicking against the goads.

I know Jesus said " I am the door" and if a man enters in another way he will spend eternity in darkness.

I know Jesus said," I am the light of the world and if a man walks in me he will not walk in darkness".

Strange but Jesus never said Paul was the light of the world or the only door that had to be entered through was Paul.

glorydaz

So if I ignore the context of this verse:

I can then make the verse in question not mean what it says ?

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesu
s.

I can then prove from other scripture that the verse above does not mean what it is saying ?

"Which are ABLE TO MAKE THEE WISE unto salvation." The OT was excellent for preparing people to hear the Gospel of Salvation....it taught the law which showed men their sin. It was the schoolmaster that led people to faith in Christ. It made men wise ....who is God.....what is sin....what did the prophets say about the coming Messiah, etc. Did it tell you that you would be saved if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ....his death, burial, and resurrection from the dead?

Did knowing the "Holy Scriptures" save the Jews who were being baptized by John? If so, why did they need to acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah? Why then were they told to repent and be baptized? Here we see Timothy's mother and grandmother were Jews who knew the OT, and they believed. Did they believe in God or in the Lord Jesus Christ? We know that Paul took the young man Timothy with him where he was begotten of the Gospel. That could only be the Gospel of Grace, because the Gospel of the Kingdom didn't create a "new man".

Acts 16:1-3
Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek: Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium. Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.​

The Holy Scriptures also include all those epistles Paul wrote, and Timothy was begotten by the Gospel in his youth....on Paul's first missionary journey. Your refusal to study out these things is causing you to keep making errors.

dodge

"Which are ABLE TO MAKE THEE WISE unto salvation." The OT was excellent for preparing people to hear the Gospel of Salvation....it taught the law which showed men their sin. It was the schoolmaster that led people to faith in Christ. It made men wise ....who is God.....what is sin....what did the prophets say about the coming Messiah, etc. Did it tell you that you would be saved if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ....his death, burial, and resurrection from the dead?

Did knowing the "Holy Scriptures" save the Jews who were being baptized by John? If so, why did they need to acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah? Why then were they told to repent and be baptized? Here we see Timothy's mother and grandmother were Jews who knew the OT, and they believed. Did they believe in God or in the Lord Jesus Christ? We know that Paul took the young man Timothy with him where he was begotten of the Gospel. That could only be the Gospel of Grace, because the Gospel of the Kingdom didn't create a "new man".

Acts 16:1-3
Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek: Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium. Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.​

The Holy Scriptures also include all those epistles Paul wrote, and Timothy was begotten by the Gospel in his youth....on Paul's first missionary journey. Your refusal to study out these things is causing you to keep making errors.

The scriptures ( OT ) could not make Timothy wise unto salvation if they did not teach about Jesus and what was required by God for salvation.

Eventually after Paul wrote his epistles of course they became scripture, but that is not what Paul was saying about the scripture in the quoted verse.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
The scriptures in 2 Ti.3:15 are a reference to the OT, but you must dent the validity of what Paul said to prop up the lies of MAD.

Why was the OT effective for some and not for others ? Oh wait the scriptures answers that question.

Heb 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

glorydaz

I know Jesus said " I am the door" and if a man enters in another way he will spend eternity in darkness.

I know Jesus said," I am the light of the world and if a man walks in me he will not walk in darkness".

Strange but Jesus never said Paul was the light of the world or the only door that had to be entered through was Paul.

No, but Paul tells you how Jesus is the Door, and how you can enter into Him. Paul tells you that believers are not children of the darkness, but of the Light, and he explains why that is.

Jesus gave us a hunger to know more when He walked among us, and Paul tells us how to have it. It's why our Lord accosted Paul on the road to Damascus, and had him give us our marching orders. We didn't get them from the other Apostles....we got them from Paul. We learned from Paul the work of the Holy Spirit in us. We learned from Paul about the purpose of the law. We learned from Paul about the righteousness of faith.

You can claim we don't need Paul to know about Jesus, but you're wrong. Worse....you refuse to learn all the Lord would have you know.

dodge

No, but Paul tells you how Jesus is the Door, and how you can enter into Him. Paul tells you that believers are not children of the darkness, but of the Light, and he explains why that is.

Jesus gave us a hunger to know more when He walked among us, and Paul tells us how to have it. It's why our Lord accosted Paul on the road to Damascus, and had him give us our marching orders. We didn't get them from the other Apostles....we got them from Paul. We learned from Paul the work of the Holy Spirit in us. We learned from Paul about the purpose of the law. We learned from Paul about the righteousness of faith.

You can claim we don't need Paul to know about Jesus, but you're wrong. Worse....you refuse to learn all the Lord would have you know.

I have never said we do not need Paul. God picked him for a purpose and that purpose was to direct folks to Jesus just like ALL the Apostles and Jesus Himself did.

I actually heard Paul when he said to follow him as he followed Jesus.

I also heard the scriptures that said Paul persecuted Christ when he persecuted the B.O.C. which existed before Paul ever got saved.
"Saul, Saul why do you persecute me" and "Saul said who are you and Jesus said I am Jesus who you persecute".

Since Jesus was already in heaven how do you propose that Paul persecuted Jesus ? Paul persecuted Jesus when Paul persecuted the B.O.C. who MAD says did not exist before Paul revealed the mystery, which is an obvious lie.