ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

God's Truth

No, I simply want my question answered. Can you answer a direct question?

GT:

You said no, and I agree with you.

So:

Does God tell some people to do certain things and other people to do other things?

Jesus was laying the foundation. The foundation has been laid.

Right Divider

Body part
I am in Christ and have his righteousness because I did what he said to do to get that righteousness.
Rom 5:17-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (5:20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (5:21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

The only righteousness available today is ONLY CHRIST's and you don't get it by keeping commandments, etc.

It comes by faith in Christ alone.

Interplanner

(5:17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (5:20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (5:21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

The only righteousness available today is ONLY CHRIST's and you don't get it by keeping commandments, etc.

RD is right, yet faith always has an object and is only as good as its object, which is Christ's work. whenever Paul said 'by faith' he always meant that object.

It might help GT to hear this: We ARE saved by works. Christ's! Not ours.

Ie, The Christian message is not faith in faith.

God's Truth

Jesus obeyed so that we have someone to obey and intercede for us.
Jesus tells how to get saved, and it is not by faith plus don't obey.
Not obeying is not to obey.

God's Truth

RD is right, yet faith always has an object and is only as good as its object, which is Christ's work. whenever Paul said 'by faith' he always meant that object.

It might help GT to hear this: We ARE saved by works. Christ's! Not ours.

Ie, The Christian message is not faith in faith.

You are badly mistaken if you think you just have to have faith and be careful not to do anything.

Show one scripture where Paul tells someone they are still condemned because they did something like repent of their sins! Paul tells us to repent of our sins and have faith to be saved.

Jesus obeyed and that is why we have someone to obey and intercede for us.

Jesus is the Way, you have to do what the way says to get there.

His words are SPIRIT and full of life. No one is going to have that Spirit and life just by saying yeah I believe.

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. See James 2;14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

Interplanner

GT,
it is simply that once you know that Christ has done that for you, you WANT to do things for him. 'He who loves much has been forgiven much.' It cannot help but show.

God's Truth

GT,
it is simply that once you know that Christ has done that for you, you WANT to do things for him. 'He who loves much has been forgiven much.' It cannot help but show.

The person who is forgiven much had to repent of those sins. You can't get around that truth.

God's Truth

Another nonsensical GT theory.
How do you say it is nonsensical?
Jesus said it!

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

The gospel of the grace of God was given to Paul for us and you reject it.
Paul preached the gospel that John the baptizer preached, the gospel that Jesus himself preached, and what all the apostles preached.

Repent and prove your repentance by your deeds.

Tell me who said that, John the baptizer or Apostle Paul?

Go ahead and answer.

Right Divider

Body part
How do you say it is nonsensical?
Jesus said it!

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.
Once again, you do not understand WHO He was talking to and WHY.

Paul preached the gospel that John the baptizer preached, the gospel that Jesus himself preached, and what all the apostles preached.
No, he did NOT. Paul was given the gospel of the grace of God BY REVELATION and that was something that was previously HID IN GOD.

Repent and prove your repentance by your deeds.

Tell me who said that, John the baptizer or Apostle Paul?

Go ahead and answer.
You fail to rightly divide the word of truth.

God's Truth

Once again, you do not understand WHO He was talking to and WHY.

No, he did NOT. Paul was given the gospel of the grace of God BY REVELATION and that was something that was previously HID IN GOD.

You fail to rightly divide the word of truth.

You have disproved anything that I said, you merely denied what I said as being truth.

God's Truth

Not trying to. Just trying to point out that they have a new heart that wants to obey. 'In the day of thy power, your people will volunteer freely' Ps 110.

I am not sure what you think that scripture is saying, but it does not say God makes anyone obey, or that they do not have to obey before they are saved.

All have to repent of their sins to get a new heart.

After receiving their new heart, God still does not make them obey, and people still might sin.

Again, all have to repent of their sins to get a new heart.

Are you a Calvinist or faith alone?

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Did you read that?

They have to rid themselves/repent of their sins.

Why will those who die, die?

Because they did not repent of their sins.