Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tell me BR, what does Col 1:15 say to you?
Do you see where Christ is said to be the firstborn of all CREATURES?
Or do you disregard that verse because it does not agree with your religion?

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Positionally He is the firstborn of all creation. He is not created. I'm sure you have heard the argument before so I'll not waste our time.

keypurr

Then please tell me the "content" in regard to what Thomas said to the Lord Jesus here:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God" (Jn.20:28).​
What word did Thomas really use in that verse?
What does that word mean?

This has been discussed many times Jerry. Your English translations have distorted much.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Positionally He is the firstborn of all creation. He is not created. I'm sure you have heard the argument before so I'll not waste our time.
He is told to be a CREATURE in more than one translation.

Your skirting the issue, now you want to run. As distasteful as it is to you Christ is a creation, he is the express image of his Father. Name any image that is not a creation BR.

Listen to your Lord when he tells you that his Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD. John 17:3

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jerry Shugart

What is the content of Hebrews 10:1-5?
Notice that a body was prepared for the son of God.

Yes, and it was the Lord Jesus who was made like us in all things:

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest" (Heb.2:17).​

But where is your evidence that a so-called Spirit Son named "Christ" was joined to the man named "Jesus"?

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He is told to be a CREATURE in more than one translation.

Your skirting the issue, now you want to run. As distasteful as it is to you Christ is a creation, he is the express image of his Father. Name any image that is not a creation BR.

Listen to your Lord when he tells you that his Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD. John 17:3

Where in the Colossians passage does the text specifically say the Jesus is a creature. Shame on you. It doesn't.

Jerry Shugart

What word did Thomas really use in that verse?
What does that word mean?

This has been discussed many times Jerry. Your English translations have distorted much.

As usual you talk in generalities while not even attempting to answer the "content" in regard to what Thomas said to the Lord Jesus here:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​

keypurr

BR, every image is a creation, Christ is firstborn, first creation for God created all things through him. He is not God he is the Son of God. There is no God the son.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read the KJV
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all CREATION.

The Lord Jesus is the exact image of God's essential being. This cannot, of course, refer to physical likeness because God is, in essence, a Spirit. It means that in every conceivable way Christ exactly represents the Father. No closer resemblance could be possible. The Son being God, reveals to man by His words and ways exactly what God is like. (Believer's Bible Commentary)

Jerry Shugart

Where in the Colossians passage does the text specifically say the Jesus is a creature. Shame on you. It doesn't.

The passage in Colossians says that the Lord Jesus created all things (Col.1:16).

So if Keypurr is right that the Lord Jesus is a creature then we must believe that the Lord Jesus created Himself!

I guess Keypurr is somehow able to trick his mind into believing that!

keypurr

As usual you talk in generalities while not even attempting to answer the "content" in regard to what Thomas said to the Lord Jesus here:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​
The word El is used to mean God, a god or some divine bring.

That would make that verse questionable as to its true content. Jesus never said he was God, he said just the opposite, he said he was sent by his God. You wish to overlook a lot of verses to not see that. He did nothing without his Father's approval.

Jerry Shugart

Read the KJV
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all CREATURES.

Yes, and when we read the verse in its context we can see that He is the firstborn from the dead:

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence"(Col.1:15-18).​

keypurr

The passage in Colossians says that the Lord Jesus created all things (Col.1:16).

So if Keypurr is right that the Lord Jesus is a creature then we must believe that the Lord Jesus created Himself!

I guess Keypurr is somehow able to trick his mind into believing that!
WHY are you not discussing verse 15?
Is it because it destroys your Trinity?
Does it question your understanding of who Christ is?
God the Father created all through his firstborn of all creation.
Are you able to see that? Or are you blinded by the traditions of the "Christian" churches that will not point that out to you.

keypurr

Yes, and when we read the verse in its context we can see that He is the firstborn from the dead:

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence"(Col.1:15-18).​
It says firstborn of all creatures, nothing about firstborn from the dead. Jerry, most folks do not want to question what they have been taught by their parents or their church. But the time has come to do so. Our forefathers were easy misled by teachers that had no clue what is in the scriptures.

Jerry Shugart

The word El is used to mean God, a god or some divine bring.

That would make that verse questionable as to its true content. Jesus never said he was God, he said just the opposite, he said he was sent by his God. You wish to overlook a lot of verses to not see that. He did nothing without his Father's approval.

According to The Blue Letter Bible the Greek word translated "God" is theos, and that word was "appropriated by Jews and retained by Christians to denote 'the one true God.' In the Sept. theos translates (with few exceptions) the Hebrew words Elohim and Jehovah, the former indicating His power and preeminence, the latter His unoriginated, immutable, eternal and self-sustained existence" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words)

Thomas believed that the Lord Jesus is God and the OT reveals the same truth:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isa.9:6).​

keypurr

According to The Blue Letter Bible the Greek word translated "God" is theos, and that word was "appropriated by Jews and retained by Christians to denote 'the one true God.' In the Sept. theos translates (with few exceptions) the Hebrew words Elohim and Jehovah, the former indicating His power and preeminence, the latter His unoriginated, immutable, eternal and self-sustained existence" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words)

Thomas believed that the Lord Jesus is God and the OT reveals the same truth:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isa.9:6).​
I think you can find more views on the Hebrew word El.

But I commend your effort. I am not at home near my computer now, but I will look up some note for you tomorrow.

Jerry please do not take my posts as a personal attack on your character, it is not. I just disagree deeply with the old fashion stuff I was taught also.

Jerry Shugart

It says firstborn of all creatures, nothing about firstborn from the dead.

All creatures die so when Paul says that He is the firstborn of all creatures he is saying that the Lord Jesus is the first to be resurrected from being dead in regard to all creatures.

How could He be the firstborn of all creatures since you yourself said that He did not even come into existence until He was born of Mary?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WHY are you not discussing verse 15?
Is it because it destroys your Trinity?
Does it question your understanding of who Christ is?
God the Father created all through his firstborn of all creation.
Are you able to see that? Or are you blinded by the traditions of the "Christian" churches that will not point that out to you.

You seem to dismiss that verse 16 gives contextual support to verse 15. 16 says that Jesus created all things. As Jerry has pointed out, did Jesus create Himself?