Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

keypurr

You said this:

GOD is uncreated Spirit.

It is impossible to create uncreated Spirit.

GOD is infinite being.

There cannot be another infinite being.

Infinite being has no beginning.
My God has no limits. His book says he created his express image. I am not the person to dispute that. When I first realized what this was saying, I was astonished, like you I could not kick my traditions out of my life. But I had to step all the way into the light he gave me.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Yep, if you're just a copy then your different.

But....if you are the visible revelation of the essence of the invisible GOD then you're not different.
....and that's what Hebrews is declaring concerning the Lord Jesus.
Again friend, you can not be an EXACT COPY and be different.

God is a spirit, Jesus was flesh. Case dismissed.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

KingdomRose

Only Jehovah can refer to Himself as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending."

And that is exactly the way that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

It is the Lord Jesus who is said to be coming quickly:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Then why do we read, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus"?

Not in my Bible:

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts"
(Mal.3:1).​

That proves that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah because it is the Lord Jesus who comes to execute judgment:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt.25:31-34,41).​

The verses which I quoted only speak of the Lord Jesus coming to execute judgment. Therfore, it is evident that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah.

I have answered many of your points so it is your turn to answer my points. Then I will explain those two passages from the Scriptures.

Thanks!
You did not answer what I asked you about Psalm 110:1 and Isaiah 61:1. Please do so. It is plain to see in those verses that Jehovah and Jesus are two different individuals.

(I already responded to your points. You have chosen to dismiss them out-of-hand without commenting on my reasoning.)

I look forward to your comments about Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

keypurr

For what purpose? What was the point of creating an express image?
A son to help, a son to love, a son to send into the world, a son to make Lord. A son that can sacrifice himself to save mankind from Satan.

God could not die for us but his son, a creation, could destroy the works of Satan.

This was God's plan from the start.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

KingdomRose

You are right. My mistake.

Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3) and then later he said that lie was to God (v.4).

Common sense dictates that in Peter's mind the Holy Spirit is God.

The Holy Spirit comes from God. It is His power. Therefore if Peter spoke about "lying to the Holy Spirit," a person has actually lied to Jehovah.

"However, when they deliver you up, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak; for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour; for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you." (Matthew 10:19,20)

KingdomRose

We also read:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

There is only ONE on the throne of God and of the Lamb---"they shall see His face."

And the One on the throne of God and of the Lamb says that He is God and He also says that He is "Alpha and Omega" and the "beginning and the end":

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Since there can only be One Alpha and Omega and only One Who is the beginning and the end that means that the Lord Jesus is the God:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Rev.22:12-13).​

Therefore, we can know that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah, the Only One who can be described as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."

The reference to the "Father" in this verse is not speaking of the First Person of the Godhead but instead Jehovah the Father:

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand" (Isa.64:8).​

The Lord Jesus cannot be excluded from being the Potter since "by Him were all things created" (Col.1:16).

Therefore, the Lord Jesus is the LORD, Jehovah.

If you look carefully, you will ascertain from Revelation that there is God the Almighty on a throne, and the Lamb is separate from God.

"Immediately I [John] was in the Spirit [or, in spirit (footnote)]; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne....And I saw between the throne and the elders A LAMB standing....And he came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne." (Rev.4:2,6a,7)NASB.

This shows unequivocally that the One on the throne (who is God Almighty) is different than the Lamb (who is Jesus Christ). The Lamb is between the throne and the "elders." The Lamb also took a book out of the right hand of the One on the throne."

Do you still say they are the same?

Jerry Shugart

The Holy Spirit comes from God. It is His power. Therefore if Peter spoke about "lying to the Holy Spirit," a person has actually lied to Jehovah.

No, the Holy Spirit is another Person, said to be the Comforter (Jn.14:26). So when Ananias lied to the Comforter he lied to no one but the Comforter. And since Peter said that Ananias told that same lie to God then that means that Peter believed that the Comforter, the Holy Spirit,is God.

At Isaiah 26:21 Jehovah speaks of himself as coming to execute judgment.

That proves that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah because it is the Lord Jesus who comes to execute judgment:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels" (Mt.25:31-34,41).​

Last edited:

KingdomRose

To JS.....I had said that I did respond to your points, so would you please answer how Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61 support your view that Jehovah and Jesus are the same Person.

Jerry Shugart

To JS.....I had said that I did respond to your points, so would you please answer how Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61 support your view that Jehovah and Jesus are the same Person.

You have not answered my response to what you said here:

Sorry, guy....you'd better back up. You are outright ignoring all the rest of the Bible. Revelation 1:7,8 does not refer to Jesus. It is referring to Jehovah.

Only Jehovah can refer to Himself as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending."

And that is exactly the way that the Lord Jesus refers to Himself:

Revelation 22:12,13 also refers to Jehovah, not Jesus

Then why do we read, "Even so, come, Lord Jesus"?