Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

marhig

Let us look what is said about the Lord Jesus in the book of Hebrews. First, the author of that book believed that the Lord Jesus is God:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom"
(Heb.1:8).​

Then the author said that the Lord Jesus was made like us in all things:

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people" (Heb.2:17).​

So the author of Hebrews believed that the Lord Jesus is God who was made like us in every way. And since He was made like us in every way then it is obvious that He could die physically.

You quote Hebrews 1:8 but leave out the very next verse Hebrews 1:9

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Jerry Shugart

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Are you going to argue that there are two Gods, one the Almighty God and another the Mighty God?:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isa.9:6).​

That verse applies to the Lord Jesus Christ. Of course there is only One God and not two. As I said earlier, the author of Hebrews writes that the Lord Jesus was made like us in all things so He put on the form of man and all men have a God.

And make no mistake about it. The author of Hebrews quoted this verse from the OT and applied it to the Lord Jesus so there is no question that author believed that the Lord Jesus is God:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre" (Ps.45:6).​

Jerry Shugart

What about the holy spirit?

When we look at the following passage we can know that the Holy Spirit is a member of the Godhead:

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God" (Acts 5:3-4).​

Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit and he also said that same lie was told to God. This affirms that the Holy Spirit is God.

Right Divider

Body part
Your so uninformed friend. You will never know any one who was more faith in Jesus Christ than me. I just do not swallow all the extra garbage that the church teaches. For over seventy years I have studied his word, problem now is my memory fails to remember where the verses are. I went from being a Baptist, to an agnostic, to a Lutheran, now I am a lone ranger. But Christ is entrenched in my heart and someday soon he will call for me. I fear not what lies ahead.
Your problem is that your "Jesus" is a figment of your imagination.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Can God ignore sin? If he can then there was no reason for Jesus to die for sin.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Scripture says he can't.

Scripture says it is impossible for God to lie.

It also says man cannot see God's face and live.

I like to think God sent his son so we can see God and live.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Good point, but supposing he wanted to?

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
What if He sent a lying spirit is that the same thing?
IKing 22:22-23
22 "The LORD said to him, 'In what way?' So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the LORD said, 'You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.'
23 "Therefore look! The LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the LORD has declared disaster against you."
(NKJ)

2 Chr 18:21-22
21 "So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the LORD said, 'You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.'
22 "Therefore look! The LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these prophets of yours, and the LORD has declared disaster against you."
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

Your problem is that your "Jesus" is a figment of your imagination.

Yes, the Jesus whom Keypurr worships is a being made up of the man named "Jesus" who is joined with the spirit son named "Christ."

Here Sir Robert Anderson describes men like Keypurr:

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity"
(Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 61).​

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, the Jesus whom Keypurr worships is a being made up of the man named "Jesus" who is joined with the spirit son named "Christ."

Here Sir Robert Anderson describes men like Keypurr:

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity"
(Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 61).​
Agreed.

I have, on several occasions, asked keypurr what happened to the spirit that lived inside of Jesus when the Christ Spirit took over His body.

Never got an answer.

keypurr

What about the holy spirit? without the holy spirit we're dead to God. Through him we are taught all things. Study of the scriptures is good, but nothing compares to being taught be the spirit daily and receiving revelation, it's the most amazing feeling to know God. Not just read the Bible, but to actually know him and know he's there and know that he's showing you things and opening your eyes and ears.

I'm afraid you're wrong about Jesus, you all pick out a few verses, yet you ignore all the verses that prove that God is the God of Jesus Christ? And worse still, many Trinitarians here tell those who don't believe in the trinity that they are wrong and they don't belong to God, yet nowhere in the Bible does it say that we must believe in the trinity to be saved!

I can give you verse after verse after verse to show you that God is the God of Jesus but you all just bypass all of them. They are in the Bible, but what you are telling us to believe in isn't. There is no such thing as three Gods in one, there is one God and the Bible says he is the father and Jesus said this himself too!

Also, I read this last night

Ephesians 1 from v17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church

Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Excellent post friend

Jerry Shugart

And worse still, many Trinitarians here tell those who don't believe in the trinity that they are wrong and they don't belong to God, yet nowhere in the Bible does it say that we must believe in the trinity to be saved!
If you do not believe that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah then you do not believe in the Trinity. And if you deny that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah then you will die in your sins, as witnessed by what the Lord Jesus said here:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​

The Jews who heard the Lord Jesus says those words knew that the Lord was claiming to be God because He said that He was from above. And the Lord said that if they did not believe that then they would die in their sins.

Here is more evidence that the Lord Jesus is from above and that He came down from heaven:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

And here:

"What and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Of course the Lord Jesus came down from heaven and it is obvious that He is the One here in "bold":

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones"
(Isa.57:15).​

So when you deny the Trinity you are denying that the Lord Jesus is God and if you continue to do that then you will die in your sins.

keypurr

They over see that verse all the time. They also do not want to see Col 1:15. It tells them that Christ is a creature.

keypurr

If you do not believe that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah then you do not believe in the Trinity. And if you deny that the Lord Jesus is Jehovah then you will die in your sins, as witnessed by what the Lord Jesus said here:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn.8:23-24).​

The Jews who heard the Lord Jesus says those words knew that the Lord was claiming to be God because He said that He was from above. And the Lord said that if they did not believe that then they would die in their sins.

Here is more evidence that the Lord Jesus is from above and that He came down from heaven:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

And here:

"What and if ye shall see the son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Of course the Lord Jesus came down from heaven and it is obvious that He is the One here in "bold":

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones"
(Isa.57:15).​

So when you deny the Trinity you are denying that the Lord Jesus is God and if you continue to do that then you will die in your sins.
Many quote scripture but few understand its content. Jerry to find truth and light open your mind to see what could be. Your just might see why we think the way we do. I have been in your trinity faith, I had to discard it for truth.