Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Pepper

Turbo said:
Why not just answer the simple yes-or-no questions? Were they too difficult for you?

You said that it would be wrong for a woman to wear nothing in public. I asked why. You said because it was illegal. I asked if it would be okay for a woman to wear nothin in public if it were legal. You said, "Sure, why not?" How am I taking you out of context?

Let's try this again, Pepper:

So would public nudity only be wrong because it's illegal?

If public nudity became legal tomorrow, would it still be wrong?

Should the law prohibiting public nudity remain in tact?

Or should the law prohibiting public nudity be done away with because it infringes upon a woman's right to dress (or not dress) as she pleases?​

No it's not only wrong because it's illegal, it's wrong because there are way more people out there that I don't want to see naked than the ones that I do want to see naked.

Yeah it would still be wrong because there would still be people I don't want to see naked.

Yes please leave the law in tact!!!!! It would be tragic if I had to see certain people naked, I would have to claw out my own eyes.

No, it shouldn't be done away with because of that. But a woman should still be able to dress however she would like. If men can walk around in speedos or tight shorts and no shirts, why can't a woman?

Sorry man, ask a stupid question.....

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rimi said:
Methinks (s)he doth protest too much.

BTW, you've used that with me several times on the boards. I wonder . . . as much as you protest me protesting fags. . . . yeah, methinks you protest way too much. :dizzy:

I use it because I think I've got a fifty-fifty shot at being right. Sorry, but nobody hates (or says they do) the way you do without serious issues going on. Anyway, I digress. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, otherwise you have a very unpleasant row to hoe.

Pepper

Lovejoy said:
I really don't know how successful she is yet, as far as money goes. That is always more complicated than it seems. I just think it is a little sad that she was pulled out of school, spent years competing (unsuccessfully) with the girls who were willing to do almost anything to get ahead, and finally found some financial success by the lowest and cheapest route possible. Does anyone really know what she sounds like when she sings? I can't think of a single song. She was mostly know for being a ditz (while playing herself). Really, I think, someday, she will look at what has happened and resent it. And wonder what pushed her here.

I know what she sounds like when she sings, she has a beautiful voice. People are too busy being concerned with what she's wearing or how ditzy she is to listen though. THat's unfortunate, says more about other people than about her, don't you think?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper?

Or should the law prohibiting public nudity be done away with because it infringes upon a woman's right to dress (or not dress) as she pleases?​

Rimi

Granite said:
I use it because I think I've got a fifty-fifty shot at being right. Sorry, but nobody hates (or says they do) the way you do without serious issues going on. Anyway, I digress. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, otherwise you have a very unpleasant row to hoe.

That was a pretty lame defense. Get :help: .

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Allsmells? Are you kidding?

Opps! Sorry,
allsmiles,
If the 9 year old were wearing a bikini while dancing like that, would that be ok with you? Yes or no?

Pepper

Turbo said:
Pepper?

I already answered you questions....open your eyes man.

Lovejoy

Pepper said:
I know what she sounds like when she sings, she has a beautiful voice. People are too busy being concerned with what she's wearing or how ditzy she is to listen though. THat's unfortunate, says more about other people than about her, don't you think?
But it is precisely my point. She chose an expedient route for getting attention (for whatever reason) when singing itself was not paying the bills as planned. And it has distracted people.

Rimi

Pepper wrote:

No it's not only wrong because it's illegal, it's wrong because there are way more people out there that I don't want to see naked than the ones that I do want to see naked.

So if it were legal, it still needs to be approved by you? It's only OK if the people meet your requirements?

Yeah it would still be wrong because there would still be people I don't want to see naked.

So, only with your approval. But what about the guy who likes fat chicks(and guys)?

Yes please leave the law in tact!!!!! It would be tragic if I had to see certain people naked, I would have to claw out my own eyes.

So a law is only good to you when it makes you comfortable?

No, it shouldn't be done away with because of that. But a woman should still be able to dress however she would like. If men can walk around in speedos or tight shorts and no shirts, why can't a woman?

OK, right there, you should be banned for the visual of a dude in speedos.
Moderators!!!???

Sorry man, ask a stupid question.....

. . . get a Pepper answer.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lovejoy said:
But it is precisely my point. She chose an expedient route for getting attention (for whatever reason) when singing itself was not paying the bills as planned. And it has distracted people.

No offense man, but so what? That's her right.

Pepper

Rimi.....do you really have that hard of a time reading sarcasm???

No, people should not be allowed to walk around naked. But yes, a woman should be able to wear what she wants as long as all the proper parts are covered.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Pepper said:

No, people should not be allowed to walk around naked. But yes, a woman should be able to wear what she wants as long as all the proper parts are covered.

Western culture is exceptional in how uptight we are vis a vis fashion.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pepper said:

Are you opposed to thongs? Yes or No?

fool

Hall of Fame
I think we should all be naked one day a year.
Once you've seen it and it dosen't match up to your imagination the mystery is gone.
I think most people would wish they hadn't seen most of what they saw.
People do walk around mostly naked in some places, they didn't get the word about the fall.