Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
allsmiles said:
Shimei:

basically? no, she doesn't sell sex, i looked up sexual intercourse at www.dictionary.com and that's not what she's doing at all, so don't try bending definitions according to your narrow minded subjective interpretation of reality.

You looked up sexual intercourse in the dictionary? How old are you?

Selling sex is not just having sexual intercourse. It is selling your sexuality for money.
Try looking up prostitution.

Rimi

What has Christians here in an uproar is the fact that Simpson & Co claim to be Christians and they do damage to all of us. Plus they lead the weak of the "flock" by intimating that it's OK for JS to dress like; she's a Christian and God knows the heart, blah blah blah. Christians are held to a higher standard by God and each other. JS and her father don't give a rip about what God has to say on modest dress. And it's not just her profession of belief nor her dress, but her conduct. She gyrates like a strip dancing whore.

Reminds me of some show interviewing little girls waiting to see their idol Jennifer Lopez. One little girl (with her mother) was asked to sing the lyrics to some song of Lopez's and the girl started singer and gyrating and grinding. And here I'd thought I'd seen everything. Nope. I was seeing a little 9 year old girl acting like a strip teaser and with mommy's loving approval. Puke-o-rama.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
With everything going on in the world today, y'all are sitting around freaking out over someone wearing a bikini in a music video. What is this world coming to anyway?
Pepper, you're sitting around here too, defending the lady in the bikini.

Pepper

Turbo said:
So would it only be wrong because it's illegal?

If it became legal tomorrow, would it still be wrong?

Should that law remain in tact?

Or should it be done away with because it infringes upon a woman's right to dress (or not dress) as she pleases?

Sure...why not?

allsmiles

Rimi said:
What has Christians here in an uproar is the fact that Simpson & Co claim to be Christians and they do damage to all of us. Plus they lead the weak of the "flock" by intimating that it's OK for JS to dress like; she's a Christian and God knows the heart, blah blah blah. Christians are held to a higher standard by God and each other. JS and her father don't give a rip about what God has to say on modest dress. And it's not just her profession of belief nor her dress, but her conduct. She gyrates like a strip dancing whore.

You folks are wicked sensitive. welcome to the 21st century cave man.

Reminds me of some show interviewing little girls waiting to see their idol Jennifer Lopez. One little girl (with her mother) was asked to sing the lyrics to some song of Lopez's and the girl started singer and gyrating and grinding. And here I'd thought I'd seen everything. Nope. I was seeing a little 9 year old girl acting like a strip teaser and with mommy's loving approval. Puke-o-rama.

i'm sure it wasn't as bad as all that. someone as sensitive as you and so inclined to exaggerated emotional outbursts is probably inflating what you saw in your own head. i mean, you believe jesus turned water into wine, i'm sure your imagination is getting the better of you:)

Rimi

allsmiles said:
No offense, but i think you need to calm down a little bit.

Shimei:

basically? no, she doesn't sell sex, i looked up sexual intercourse at www.dictionary.com and that's not what she's doing at all, so don't try bending definitions according to your narrow minded subjective interpretation of reality.

WWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Hugh Hefner sells sex in ragmags, but there's no intercourse. You've likely heard the phrase "sex sells" yet you don't see intercourse in ads in mainstream mags and TV. Please don't act ignorant here.

Pepper

Turbo said:
Pepper, you're sitting around here too, defending the lady in the bikini.

Yes, the difference is, Y'all are so concerned about what she's wearing....my concern lies not in defending her, I'm on this thread because it's entertaining to see y'all running around like chickens with no heads about a girl wearing a bikini, it's better than the O.C. around here.

allsmiles

Rimi said:
WWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Hugh Hefner sells sex in ragmags, but there's no intercourse. You've likely heard the phrase "sex sells" yet you don't see intercourse in ads in mainstream mags and TV. Please don't act ignorant here.

sorry, i got a little too specific for you folks when i insisted that prostitution was selling sexual intercourse, and seeing as how JS is faithful to Nick Lachey (?) and doesn't sell her body for sexual intercourse i didn't think she qualified as a prostitute. i'm having a hard time keeping up with you guys as you redefine words.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
Sure...why not?
Whatever is legal at any given time and place is right and whatever is illegal at any given time and place is wrong. Is that what you're saying?

Rimi

allsmiles said:
You folks are wicked sensitive. welcome to the 21st century cave man.

i'm sure it wasn't as bad as all that. someone as sensitive as you and so inclined to exaggerated emotional outbursts is probably inflating what you saw in your own head. i mean, you believe jesus turned water into wine, i'm sure your imagination is getting the better of you:)

This from the guy who had to look up sexual intercourse. :dunce:

Well, it was as bad as that. This child was making moves that adults probably shouldn't be making, and it was considered adorable and cute. Disgusting. :down:

Pepper

Turbo said:
Whatever is legal at any given time and place is right and whatever is illegal at any given time and place is wrong. Is that what you're saying?

No, what I was saying was that I was brushing off your comments. You're taking me way out of context.

Rimi

allsmiles said:
sorry, i got a little too specific for you folks when i insisted that prostitution was selling sexual intercourse, and seeing as how JS is faithful to Nick Lachey (?) and doesn't sell her body for sexual intercourse i didn't think she qualified as a prostitute. i'm having a hard time keeping up with you guys as you redefine words.

Actually, you're the one who brought up the actual sex act. We're talking about her selling sex. Like a peep show. Surely you're family with those.

Pepper

Rimi said:
This from the guy who had to look up sexual intercourse. :dunce:

Well, it was as bad as that. This child was making moves that adults probably shouldn't be making, and it was considered adorable and cute. Disgusting. :down:

If you really believe that he had to look up sexual intercourse, than you're the one who's the :dunce: When he said that, he was using a little thing we in the real world like to call sarcasm.

Lovejoy

I just find her depressing. She has been marketed by her father since she was child (mostly as a CCM artist). The family was nearly bankrupted by her inability to compete with her teen popstar counterparts (they owed millions to the studios and labels). The only thing that saved both hers and her families finances was her discovery that acting like an idiot on a reality TV program (and wearing fewer clothes) made for better sales. Like no one has ever thought of that before. I guess it is just discouraging, though to be fair, I wasn't buying her albums when she was singing christian songs either.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
wicked broad stroke Turbo, that's not what she said at all.
It sure looked that way, but I've given her the opportunity to clarify (or backpedal).

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rimi said:

allsmells,
If the 9 year old were wearing a bikini while dancing like that, would that be ok with you? Yes or no?

erinmarie

Pepper said:
Yes, the difference is, Y'all are so concerned about what she's wearing....my concern lies not in defending her, I'm on this thread because it's entertaining to see y'all running around like chickens with no heads about a girl wearing a bikini, it's better than the O.C. around here.

You're doing all you can to simplify the situation as much as you're accusing others of exaggerating it.

I think the majority of people posting in this thread are not just concerned with what JS is wearing, it's that her father, a former pastor and professed Christian, is defending her lewd behavior, which she happens to be in a bikini while doing it.

Come on here! It's simple...her father's sad cause the church community is upset about his daughter's music video!!! Have you seen the video? It's almost enough to make you blush!

She's outrightly lewd in it, and not at all Christian-like. If she were wearing a suit it would still be inapproriate, it just makes it worse that's she's dressed in next to nothing!

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pepper said:
If you really believe that he had to look up sexual intercourse, than you're the one who's the :dunce: When he said that, he was using a little thing we in the real world like to call sarcasm.

That’s why there was a link to www.dictionary.com correct?

allsmiles

Rimi said:
Actually, you're the one who brought up the actual sex act. We're talking about her selling sex. Like a peep show. Surely you're family with those.

Actually, Poly brought up prostitution if memory serves, i simply responded to it because my understanding of prostitution is when sexual intercourse is sold.

Turbo:

It sure looked that way, but I've given her the opportunity to clarify (or backpedal).

She already did.

Didn't like my bible target comment?