Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

Pepper

fool said:
I think we should all be naked one day a year.

Once you've seen it and it dosen't match up to your imagination the mystery is gone.
I think most people would wish they hadn't seen most of what they saw.
People do walk around mostly naked in some places, they didn't get the word about the fall.

There's actually a christian nudist camp down the road from my house, I know the people that own it....I should start a thread about that. That'd be fun.

ANd did everyone miss my link? It was great! I'll repeat it for ya:

I think jessica simpson should wear this in her next video, you?

Rimi

Pepper said:
Rimi.....do you really have that hard of a time reading sarcasm???

No, people should not be allowed to walk around naked. But yes, a woman should be able to wear what she wants as long as all the proper parts are covered.

But as Turbo was trying to get a serious answer from you . . . why should the "proper parts" be covered? Ah, you said the law. But if the law were changed, would it still be wrong?

You can't tell that I was being sarcastic either, moron. But then, you're having difficulty answering Turbo's very simple questions.

erinmarie

Okay, this thread is getting out of hand! I don't want to hear about Pepper and her affinity for undergarments...

Let's nip the thong talk in the bud..now.

Pepper

Rimi said:
But as Turbo was trying to get a serious answer from you . . . why should the "proper parts" be covered? Ah, you said the law. But if the law were changed, would it still be wrong?

You can't tell that I was being sarcastic either, moron. But then, you're having difficulty answering Turbo's very simple questions.

If the laws were different, it would be up to the idividual who was walking out of the house naked, now wouldn't it? As you said, it wouldnt' be up to me.

Please refrain from the name calling, it just makes you look more unintelligent.

Lovejoy

Granite said:
No offense man, but so what? That's her right.
None taken at all! I was not saying that it is not her right. just that I find it depressing. And that it has, and will continue to, distract from her legitmacy as an artist. It may have not been the best path to respect, though it has fixed financial problems for her. I hope that when she gets a bit older she will evaluate what lead her here, and will make some changes to how her career is managed.

Really, though, this is a not too particulary important subject matter. I just thought it would be an easygoing conversation (wrong again, darn it).

Pepper

erinmarie said:
Okay, this thread is getting out of hand! I don't want to hear about Pepper and her affinity for undergarments...

Let's nip the thong talk in the bud..now.

Hey....I was asked a question, last time I didn't answer a question, i was berated....sorry.

taoist

Pepper said:
I think jessica simpson should wear this in her next video, you?
Now you're talking dirty.

:cheers:

This thread's more fun than I've had all week. At least 'til Miss Erin told us we couldn't get down on thongs. And people call me a killjoy! Where's BillyBob? He's gonna hate having missed this.

allsmiles

moron, allsmells, turbo's treating us like children.

you people could be discussing how to rally the 33,000 + christian denominations in this country and cure world hunger but instead you're picking apart a beautiful, successful celebrity when she's not here to defend herself, and then picking apart the people who have the guts to stand up for her.

if you folks ever wonder why no one takes you seriously, it's topics of conversation like this.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lovejoy said:
None taken at all! I was not saying that it is not her right. just that I find it depressing. And that it has, and will continue to, distract from her legitmacy as an artist. It may have not been the best path to respect, though it has fixed financial problems for her. I hope that when she gets a bit older she will evaluate what lead her here, and will make some changes to how her career is managed.

Really, though, this is a not too particulary important subject matter. I just thought it would be an easygoing conversation (wrong again, darn it).

Probably; these ladies tend to mellow with age. I mean, Madonna's writing kids' books now. Who woulda thunk THAT in 1985?

theo_victis

I think a lot of this whole "modesty" issue is centered around our cultural ideas, not entirely moral ethics. Is it morallly wrong to wear revealing clothes? That depends on where you live in the world.

When i was in Africa most women and men wear hardly any clothes, not because they dont have any (they do) but because climate and culture dictates that its ok for little to no clothing. There, however, is a difference in the Africas beliefs about revealing clothes and America's ideas. In America, revealing clothes are worn for sexual connotations where as in Africa that isnt necessarily true.

Its morally wrong to wear no clothes on your intentions not on the account that you have no clothes. I would DEFINATELY NOT consider African Christians modest on any American scale. Its just a cultural thing, and Jessica Simpson needs to realize that sexually expliciting her self is wrong.

Last edited:

Lovejoy

Granite said:
Probably; these ladies tend to mellow with age. I mean, Madonna's writing kids' books now. Who woulda thunk THAT in 1985?
And Jessica certainly has not gone the Madonna route yet! Far from it. Right now she is more Chrissy from Three's Company than the sex addicted dominatrix that Madonna sold herself as (and in a very calculated fashion). Really, the biggest hurt from the Christian community (in regards to Jessica) is that they were used to launch her career, so she is held to a higher standard. I, personally, think it is the proper standard by any means or consideration, but she will be the one most held by it. This is not that much different than arguing over whether or not Green Day sold out the gutter punk community by going mainstream.

GuySmiley

allsmiles said:
you're picking apart a beautiful, successful celebrity when she's not here to defend herself, and then picking apart the people who have the guts to stand up for her.
An important part of this discussion is how you define success. Prostitutes and strippers make a lot of money, but are the successful?