Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

koban

Turbo said:
Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.
For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman,
And be embraced in the arms of a seductress? Proverbs 5:18-20​

See also Song of Solomon 4 and 7.

No scriptures extolling the virtues of the fat bellies of middle aged men? :chuckle:

Rimi

allsmiles said:
it doesn't require the qualifier "absolutely".

I do not rape, i do not encourage people to rape, i would stop a rapist if i could, i denounce rape.

what you choose to do is your own business, just don't hurt anyone.

And Turbo, while you're at it, would you be so kind as to kill this thread?

You don't discourage rape either, because, hey, the rapist thinks it's OK. And who are you to judge, right!

Rimi

allsmiles said:
why the need to qualify it?

I believe it's wrong, pure and simple, people shouldn't do it, but there are people out there who think it's right i'm sure, just as there are people out there who believe cold blooded murder is right (terrorists).

there is only what we do.

But you don't think it's absolutely wrong. So, when would it be OK to rape?

koban

Turbo said:
He doesn't call it "dressing like a tramp." But she dresses (and acts) like a tramp in the video in question, and he claims that she dressed similarly while growing up and that those at his church recognized that he allowed her to dress inappropriately.

A kid's bikini and shorts may be vastly different than Daisy Dukes or a thong. And I agree, most of what passes for entertainment on MTV belongs in a strip club where children can be prevented from seeing it.

Not everyone who wears a bikini or short shorts is a tramp, if that's what you're asking. But everyone who wears short shorts or a (typical) bikini dresses immodestly.

Can't argue with that.

No, it means our culture has for the most part already forgotten the value of modesty.

No, it means their parents aren't teaching them to dress modestly.

For the most part!? Our culture has flushed modesty down the sewer that it is. (bad metaphor, but I hope you catch my meaning)

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to say this:

Paul is not saying that braids and gold and pearls and expensive clothing are bad and anything else is good. He's establishing a general principle that women should not be focused on drawing attention to themselves by maximizing their physical attractiveness but rather they should rather be identified by their character and conduct. Which category dressing and dancing like a stripper falls into is a no-brainer.

OK

Paul made no such requirement. You confuse the symbol for the substance. In 1 Corinthians 11:12 Paul is talking about the proper authority structure, not that women should wear hats and men should not.

If I said that it is not good for a man's wife to wear the pants in the family, no one would mistake me for saying that women should always wear dresses or that a woman sins by wearing pants or even by borrowing her husband's jeans from time to time. Everyone would know that I meant that it is not good for a man's wife to be the head of the household and my point had nothing to do with how women should dress whatsoever.

Paul was using a similar figure of speach, making reference to general customs of his day.

What symbol was he using with verse 6?

6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.

What figure of speech was he using with verse 10?

10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.

Do we legalistically enforce rules requiring women to wear hats and men not to wear hats? Or course not.

Cool, I didn't think you were Amish. :D

BTW - do we have any ex-Amish here?

Do we encourage women to submit to their husband's authority and for men to submit to Christ? Absolutely.

:thumb:

Pepper

I know you are but what am I?

I'm rubber and you're glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

:p

OWNED!

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Twenty-four pages dedicated to a no-talent, mildly-attractive airhead.

Jessica Simpson = :yawn:

koban

Gerald said:
Twenty-four pages dedicated to a no-talent, mildly-attractive airhead.

Jessica Simpson = :yawn:

Actually, most of it is pointless bickering over whether or not there are absolutes. :yawn: