IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are those on TOL who literally despise the Grace Gospel and MAD. Even though MAD helps us to understand the Scriptures when they "APPEAR" to contradict. However, once we learn how to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God, we see that there are times the House of Israel is being addressed and other times when the Body of Christ is being addressed. Without MAD, confusion and contradictions come into play. So, the Grace Gospel combined with MAD doctrine allows us to see the truths of Scripture clearly.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Amen. Paul was only preaching what Christ gave him to preach. Paul was a Messenger with a GREAT message for all who are willing to adhere to it.
I think the point us Mid-Acts Dispensationalists are making by pointing out that Paul calls it "my gospel" is that there is no reason for him to have called it that if it was the same gospel that everyone else was preaching.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many on TOL believe there was only one Gospel being preached two thousand years ago. Whereas, as you and I know, there were two Gospels being preached. One was The Kingdom Gospel, which was preached by Christ and His Apostles and The Grace Gospel, preached by the Apostle Paul. Today, there is one Gospel, The Grace Gospel "taught by Paul" and now it pertains to both Jew and Gentile alike. It makes up, The Body of Christ."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Many on TOL believe there was only one Gospel being preached two thousand years ago. Whereas, as you and I know, there were two Gospels being preached. One was The Kingdom Gospel, which was preached by Christ and His Apostles and The Grace Gospel, preached by the Apostle Paul. Today, there is one Gospel, The Grace Gospel "taught by Paul" and now it pertains to both Jew and Gentile alike. It makes up, The Body of Christ."

Exactly!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think the point us Mid-Acts Dispensationalists are making by pointing out that Paul calls it "my gospel" is that there is no reason for him to have called it that if it was the same gospel that everyone else was preaching.

True. If indeed Paul preached the same "Kingdom Gospel" as the rest, then, why did Paul have to separate from the rest and go off and preach to the Gentiles? Also, Christ told His Apostles NOT to go the Gentiles/Samaritans. I believe the reason was, God had in mind that, Paul would be the Apostle to the Gentiles with a SPECIAL message. Paul was also made privy of the "Mystery."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Clete is a very wise Man. He's one of the best Posters on TOL. There are others who I've previously mentioned. The Grace Gospel is directly from God. The MAD Doctrine is from God, as well. The MAD Doctrine is a Spiritual "TOOL" to be used to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Without the MAD "Tool" you're missing out on the ability to fully understand the Bible. Can you be a member of the Body of Christ and receive eternal life without "MAD", of course. However, you'll be depriving yourself of a great "TOOL" to use, in order to understand the divisions in the Bible.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
True. If indeed Paul preached the same "Kingdom Gospel" as the rest, then, why did Paul have to separate from the rest and go off and preach to the Gentiles? Also, Christ told His Apostles NOT to go the Gentiles/Samaritans. I believe the reason was, God had in mind that, Paul would be the Apostle to the Gentiles with a SPECIAL message. Paul was also made privy of the "Mystery."

If Paul preached the same gospel then there was no need for his ministry to exist at all, nevermind a special mission to the Gentiles or to anyone or anywhere else.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Galatians 2:7 states: "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;"

Paul received the Grace Gospel from the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. Whereas, Peter and the rest received the Kingdom Gospel through the earthly ministry of Christ. Therefore, we see two different Gospels at work 2000 years ago. One of the Gospels came from the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ, the other Gospel came from the Ascended Jesus Christ and delivered to Paul alone.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If we're not understanding something in God's word, it's our inability to grasp what's being said. God says what He means and means what He says. I pray before I open my Bible that God will give me wisdom and knowledge as to what I'm about to read. I can't depend on my own interpretation. The Bible is a Spiritual Book and needs the leading of the Holy Spirit to help us understand/comprehend what's being said. Sometimes, I don't understand something I've read. It's amazing how, at one reading we don't understand or get what's being said, then, another time, we get it. The Bible isn't a book that we read once and place it in the bookcase to gather dust. It's a Spiritual book that keeps teaching us new things. All true believers ought to continue to read/study the Bible throughout their entire life. There's always something new to learn.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I say a prayer before I get on TOL that God will show me what to say. Now, I admit, there are times when my own personality takes over, whether it be my sense of humor/Wit, or something else. However, when it comes to preaching the Grace Gospel or talking about the Doctrine of MAD, I'm totally serious.

dodge

I don't believe you. You either misunderstood or you are making it up. I prefer to believe the former but it is undoubtedly one or the other.

Anyone who would say such things cannot possibly be a Mid-Acts Dispensationalist. It would be the religious equivalent of a Bhudist preaching the merits of suicide bombings. The inherent contradiction is on the level of fundamental presuppositions that underpin one's entire theological worldview. You simply cannot get to a place where you accept that Paul is the "I AM" AND be a Mid-Acts Dispensationalist.

UN-like Gm I am not in the habit of lying.

FYI, I really don't care if you don't believe what I told you that is exactly what I read !

here is one:

Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
Hi and since there is ONLY one man , PAUL that was said by the Holy Spirit that Paul is also " I AM " he had the authority to be called the APOSTLES to the Gentiles !!

Last edited:

dodge

FYI, I really don't care if you don't believe what I told you that is exactly what I read !

here is one:

Hi and since there is ONLY one man , PAUL that was said by the Holy Spirit that Paul is also " I AM " he had the authority to be called the APOSTLES to the Gentiles !!

here is 2

TOL Subscriber

THREAD:
According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.
Page # 23

Nope, I will not deny it - we have been baptized unto Paul.

In a manner similar to Paul's intended sense in following assertion...

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

In a manner the same...but different...

Standard Mad 101...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Therefore, we see two different Gospels at work 2000 years ago. One of the Gospels came from the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ, the other Gospel came from the Ascended Jesus Christ and delivered to Paul alone.

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.​

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

If you were honest, you'd care.

here is one:

If you didn't care, why bother looking up a quote to post. You really should stop saying things that are so transparently false. I already told you that I'd prefer to think that you weren't making it up so why not just post the quote and leave it at that?

Leaving that aside...

Without context, this quote is impossible to decipher. If he means what you are suggesting then he not only is not a dispensationalist, he isn't even a Christian. My bet is that you've misunderstood him. I, for one, really, actually and honestly don't even care. You already know that anyone who believes something similar to what you've suggested is not a dispensationalist and you knew that when you posted it in the first place. I fully understand the tactic; If you cannot win or don't have the ability to even engage a debate on the merits of the topic then smear, besmirch, discredit and isolate that with which you disagree. I totally get it. I just think it's beneath any breathing creature more mentally advanced than your average wood rat, skunk or raccoon.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

here is one:

Do you not realize that he meant that in the same way that Moses told the people that if they did not agree with him that they did not agree with GOD Himself?
Moses is not GOD.
Paul is not GOD.
And yet, if you did not adhere to their words, it was as if you were opposing GOD Himself.
No MADist disagrees with that.

SimpleMan77

The church at Corinth had a problem. Some were saying "I am of Paul", some "I am of Peter", some "I am of Apollos", etc.

Paul reminded them that the different apostles and prophets had different ministries, some planting, some watering, but that they were all working in the same harvest.

You cannot look at a different ministry (planting, watering, weeding, etc.) and say "different Gospel".

Paul's ministry was unique to him, and he referred to the gospel he preached as "my gospel".

We refer to Matthews literal writings as "Matthews gospel", but that does not mean that he had a revelation different from Mark, Luke and John

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.